Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High School/College

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

High School/College Empty
PostSubject: High School/College   High School/College EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Okay, well if you're in high school or middle school or whatever, do you know what you want to study yet in college?

and as for those of us in college, what is your major?
Right now I'm doing a Pre-med Bio major, with a chem minor, and I'm planning on adding a psych minor next year.
Yea so I'm one of those college kids with no lives xP

And this is my attempt at trying to think of something to talk abot Razz
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: High School/College   High School/College EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:41 pm

I honestly have no idea what I'm planning on studying in college. Well, sort of maybe kinda. I know I like History and all things Literature/Creative Writing, so probably something like that.

I KNOW I'm not doing anything that has to do with any form of Science or Mathematics because I am horrid in those subjects. (Well, my current averages in Bio and Algebra are okay, but just by luck and excessive studying XD). I'd rather study something that I'm good at by nature. And I've determined that natural talent is not hereditary because I come from a family of doctors and I'm barely pulling an A- in Biology (to my family, "A-" is failing XD). While I adore the subject of Biology, I just can't seem to learn it well no matter how hard I try Sad

Also, I just took a Biology E/M SAT subject test the other day, and I'm fairly certain that I failed. I'll never do anything scientific with my life whether I want to or not thanks to that XD
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: High School/College   High School/College EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:34 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
I honestly have no idea what I'm planning on studying in college. Well, sort of maybe kinda. I know I like History and all things Literature/Creative Writing, so probably something like that.

I KNOW I'm not doing anything that has to do with any form of Science or Mathematics because I am horrid in those subjects. (Well, my current averages in Bio and Algebra are okay, but just by luck and excessive studying XD). I'd rather study something that I'm good at by nature. And I've determined that natural talent is not hereditary because I come from a family of doctors and I'm barely pulling an A- in Biology (to my family, "A-" is failing XD). While I adore the subject of Biology, I just can't seem to learn it well no matter how hard I try Sad

Also, I just took a Biology E/M SAT subject test the other day, and I'm fairly certain that I failed. I'll never do anything scientific with my life whether I want to or not thanks to that XD

I'm sure you didn't fail! I always say I think I failed and usually end up doing well or just not failing. I'm with you on the A- thing. I'm actually doing pretty good this marking period since my grade has been all homeworks and the occasional worksheets since we haven't had any tests. I don't know how we managed that, but our teacher decided to give us a project instead (we had to make a commercial for a GMO). It required much more work, but it was sorta fun. Apart from the complete embarrassment of everyone having to watch me look like a fool in my friend's commercial.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: High School/College   High School/College EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:44 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
I'm sure you didn't fail! I always say I think I failed and usually end up doing well or just not failing. I'm with you on the A- thing. I'm actually doing pretty good this marking period since my grade has been all homeworks and the occasional worksheets since we haven't had any tests. I don't know how we managed that, but our teacher decided to give us a project instead (we had to make a commercial for a GMO). It required much more work, but it was sorta fun. Apart from the complete embarrassment of everyone having to watch me look like a fool in my friend's commercial.

I'm not even kidding about the failing thing XD. I really didn't know anything on the test. I'd say about 20 % of it wasn't even mentioned in the course, and 50% of everything else was hardly covered. The questions got to me because I can memorize facts, but I have trouble connecting details to one another, if that makes any sense, hehehe.

I'm currently doing okay this year in general, my worst class is Latin, in which I have a B+.

High-five for looking like a fool! Been there, done that. It's sort of the definition of Theater class XD.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: High School/College   High School/College EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

o.O I hope you guys realize you make me feel really bad about my grades xP lmao, yea i would be happy if my lowest grade was a B+ but I actually have to work my ass off the next couple semesters in college, I've discovered I can't get below an A- if I want to have a good GPA to get into med school with, so there goes the small social life I actually had in college before >.>

and lmao, yuppppp looking like a fool in theater = awesomeness ^-^
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: High School/College   High School/College EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:03 pm

DorkyBookworm wrote:
o.O I hope you guys realize you make me feel really bad about my grades xP lmao, yea i would be happy if my lowest grade was a B+ but I actually have to work my ass off the next couple semesters in college, I've discovered I can't get below an A- if I want to have a good GPA to get into med school with, so there goes the small social life I actually had in college before >.>

Don't feel bad about your grades! XD I heard college is so much more difficult than ANYTHING in high school, so comparing a high schooler's grades to yours is really unfair to you. It'd be like me comparing my grades to a preschooler's, and they don't even GET grades (at least not really). Plus, you're majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry. That alone makes it harder to the nth degree XD
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: High School/College   High School/College EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:09 am

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
DorkyBookworm wrote:

Don't feel bad about your grades! XD I heard college is so much more difficult than ANYTHING in high school, so comparing a high schooler's grades to yours is really unfair to you. It'd be like me comparing my grades to a preschooler's, and they don't even GET grades (at least not really). Plus, you're majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry. That alone makes it harder to the nth degree XD

Trueeeeeee...... lol, I still didn't get all A's in high school either, but that might be due to the fact that I really didn't care in high school. like i never did homework, never read the assigned reading, and almost never studied xP lmao, now that I think of it, I really don't know how I got the grades that I did, and if I had actually tried I probably would have gotten all A's.... oh well too late now Razz I'll just keep being a procrastinator for now ^-^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School/College   High School/College Empty

Back to top Go down

High School/College
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: