Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deaths....Oh, depressing....

Go down 
+3
readergirl1028
demigoddaughterofHecate
EmotionalTeaspoon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Deaths....Oh, depressing.... Empty
PostSubject: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Sorry for the morbid topic, I just wanted to know what Death in the whole Harry Potter series was the hardest for you....?
Back to top Go down
demigoddaughterofHecate

demigoddaughterofHecate

Location : Hogwarts during the school year. Currently at Camp Half-Blood.

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Fred, Snape, Sirius, Dobby, and Lupin.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Snape. Definitely. Hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 pm

I was really too young ( 11) to except Sirius's death, although now re-reading it at 16, I do cry Sad

The hardest deaths for me were definitely Dumbledore. I did not expect it AT ALL, even though I knew a major character was going to die.

The worst, I think was Dobby, because its the last person (elf?) you'd expect, because Dobby wasn't suppose to be involved in the war (According to Mugglenet's "What will happen in Harry Potter 7?") That was the first time in reading Harry Potter, that I cried during a death.
Sad (My family loves to make fun of me for it though- They will be feeling my sorrow soon though- if the movie does Dobby's death correctly)
Back to top Go down
Lumos

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm

At first, it was Fred. Period. The twins meant so much to me in a way I couldn't explain. I was drawn toward them somehow. They were always under the list of my favorite characters.

But then, I re-read Deathly Hallows, and the first time around, Dobby's death didn't mean so much to me as it does now. I got to thinking and the way Dobby died and the scene and just his whole life story really hits me. He died saving Harry's life. His whole life he risked his neck for Harry. Now, Dobby is my favorite HP character. I want to make a memorial for a HP death in my back-yard, and all the characters mean so much to me (Fred, Sirius, Dumbledore, Lupin, Tonks, Hedwig, Moody, Snape, Lily, James, etc.) but I have decided that if I do, it'll be to Dobby. If I made a memorial to all the deceased characters I wanted (which is almost all), it would take up not only all of my backyard, but probably even the neighbor's too. Every time I think of Dobby, I think of the line "Dobby is a free elf" and I am close to tears but, that happens when I think of a lot of the characters.

And we can't forget one of the bravest Gryffindors of all: Colin Creevy.

So,

Rest In Peace to all of those who gave their life for freedom in the war against Voldemort.
Back to top Go down
Lumos

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:52 pm

Though, (I feel guilty for admitting it: probably 99% of HP fans cry over it) I only cried for Dumbledore's death the first time I read HBP. I don't cry because I felt that Dumbldore didn't fear death in the slightest; "death is but the next great adventure". I do sometimes tear up, especially during his funeral, but other than that I don't cry. I hope I'm not the only one though - I feel guilty for not crying over the death of one of the greatest wizards who ever lived. Another reason I don't cry is because I sometimes get the same image Harry gets in the beginning of GoF but slightly different: Dumbldore in full wizard robes, relaxing with sunscreen on his nose, but on Mars with Rumbleroar by his side. (:
Back to top Go down
pottergirl4ever

pottergirl4ever

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:39 am

Fred was one of the deaths that i took very had because i felt that out of the weasly twins he was the one who spoke the most and was my favorite. I loved both of the twins but Fred had the most life and when he was gone i felt so bad for his bad for his family.
Also Snapes death, when i found out how much he really loved Lily i almost was driven to tears. I never liked him until he had to die. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 pm

This might sound really, really weird, but I cried the hardest when Cedric died. I didn't read Harry Potter until this February, and a lot of my friends and family were big HP fans. And so I would always get caught up in their HP conversations, and I knew EVERYONE who died except for Cedric. (Actually, they never talked about the GOF, so that book was a total surprise to me.) So his death kinda surprised me. But I did cry when Hedwig, Collin Creevey, Dumbledore, and Fred died.
Back to top Go down
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh whoops! How in the world could I have forgotten about Tonks and Lupin?!?!?! (I've just got done working and I'm a bit tired) I definitely cried when they died!!! They were two of my favorite characters!
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Sirius, Dumbledore, Dobby and Fred's. I balled my eyes out for those four. Sirius's death was the first time I cried so hard for when I read a book. The first time I cried while reading a book was when Cedric died and what Dumbledore said. I think I was about 13 or 14 when I read Order of the Phoenix and my grandpa was in the room when I was reading when Sirius died and I tried so hard not to cry but I couldn't keep it in. Then, oh my gosh, Dumbledore. I started crying and I went away from my brothers, locked myself up in my room and balled my eyes out. My book has some left over water prints on it from the tears that touched the page. And when Dobby died, I had to stop reading. I couldn't take it. DOBBY! Of all the characters, brave little Dobby!!! :'( And Fred and George are my favorite characters so when Fred died, I was so shocked. I'm actually tearing up writing this, remembering what happened. I cried during a lot of other deaths too - actually, probably most of them but these four were the ones that were the hardest for me. I cried during Snape's too, of course, but not as much as the ones I listed.

RIP~ We will never forget those lovable characters. <3
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Fred's death was the hardest for me, because it just came out of nowhere. I mean, I figured Dumbledore would die during the series (the semester before HBP came out, my English class did a section on "The Hero's Journey", which includes the idea that for the Hero to really develop his mentor and guardian must die), and after HBP I knew Snape wasn't going to make it (which didn't make it any less awful, but at least I was prepared for it). Hedwig and Dobby were hard, too, but Fred... Damn. I don't think anyone could have called that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deaths....Oh, depressing....   Deaths....Oh, depressing.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Deaths....Oh, depressing....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: