Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Magical Crafts!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
muggleborn_

avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 27
Location : The Ravenclaw Common Room :]

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Oh my Rowling! You're totally awesome. :] I've never tried doing anything like that, but you've inspired me to try and do so. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://facebook.com/lindzypops
readergirl1028

avatar

Posts : 167
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 21
Location : second to the right, and straight on 'til morning!

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:38 pm

muggleborn_ wrote:
Oh my Rowling! You're totally awesome. :] I've never tried doing anything like that, but you've inspired me to try and do so. Very Happy

Wait, who's totally awesome? I'm confused. Because, like, EVERYONE here is totally awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Well... I went to the WWoHP, and my wand was chosen for me, but I didn't ask my dad to buy it because I don't like asking for things (It's one of my several pet peeves [HP reference intended], I guess). When I got back to home sweet home from Florida, I really regretted not buying it (plus, I don't like buying things if I'm afraid in a little while I won't like it anymore. Of course, it had to take until I was back in my own bedroom to realize I'll never stop loking Harry Potter). But then, as I got very upset that my chance was gone, I realized my dad had taken a picture of me with the wand. So I pulled up the picture and examined it, and made a replica of that wand out of Play-Doh, paint, paperclips and glue (it ended up a lot better than it sounds Laughing ). Then I realized you can buy almost anything from the WWoHP at their online store. Oh well. I think I like my version of the wand better. But anyways, here's a like to the site that has the picture of what the wand's SUPPOSED to look like:
http://www.universalorlando.com/merchandise/HPProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=5ede35db-22d0-40c0-9f04-7decc8566d3d(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)&parentCategory=harrypotter(merchandisebasecatalog)&CategoryName=HarryPotter|Ollivanders|Collectibles(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)
And if I could post a picture of the finished product, I would. But I don't have a photobucket/deviantArt/picture posting site account, so I can't... but you get the idea. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Okay, so this isn't HP specific, but you could make it magical very easily. So I, hit with a sudden stroke of brilliance, came up with the idea of decorating socks. You know how people make shirts and everything? With markers and such? Well, you could do that, but with socks! Okay, sorry, sorry, I was just so excited about this. I texted this idea to my friend and then came on here to tell of it. I feel like I need to share it with someone. Now I just need my mom to let me decorate my socks.... Very Happy

But you could make them magical! Little lightning bolts! Or aaah! Like in GOF make Harry's socks he got from Dobby! *runs off to magic-fy her socks*

I am so sorry about my excessive rambling.... feel free to slap me in the face to break me out of my insanity and tell me this is a weird (yet awesome, if you prefer) idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
readergirl1028

avatar

Posts : 167
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 21
Location : second to the right, and straight on 'til morning!

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:25 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Well... I went to the WWoHP, and my wand was chosen for me, but I didn't ask my dad to buy it because I don't like asking for things (It's one of my several pet peeves [HP reference intended], I guess). When I got back to home sweet home from Florida, I really regretted not buying it (plus, I don't like buying things if I'm afraid in a little while I won't like it anymore. Of course, it had to take until I was back in my own bedroom to realize I'll never stop loking Harry Potter). But then, as I got very upset that my chance was gone, I realized my dad had taken a picture of me with the wand. So I pulled up the picture and examined it, and made a replica of that wand out of Play-Doh, paint, paperclips and glue (it ended up a lot better than it sounds Laughing ). Then I realized you can buy almost anything from the WWoHP at their online store. Oh well. I think I like my version of the wand better. But anyways, here's a like to the site that has the picture of what the wand's SUPPOSED to look like:
http://www.universalorlando.com/merchandise/HPProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=5ede35db-22d0-40c0-9f04-7decc8566d3d(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)&parentCategory=harrypotter(merchandisebasecatalog)&CategoryName=HarryPotter|Ollivanders|Collectibles(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)
And if I could post a picture of the finished product, I would. But I don't have a photobucket/deviantArt/picture posting site account, so I can't... but you get the idea. Very Happy

You can host photos from here! Just go up to the little bar at the top when you go to write/edit a post, and click on the one that says "host an image" and then you can just choose a file from your webcam or choose a picture you uploaded from your camera. Because I want to see your awesome wand!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Oh, thanks readergirl. Smile



That's the Ravenclaw banner I made a while ago. Sorry it's horizontal like that, I'm too lazy to get involved with the whole flipping it thing. I guess I could upload some pics of the wands I made a while back. I found these great directions on a website (I completely forget what it was now). But I just made them out of paper, Elmer's glue, tape. and hot glue. And of course paint. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:17 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Well... I went to the WWoHP, and my wand was chosen for me, but I didn't ask my dad to buy it because I don't like asking for things (It's one of my several pet peeves [HP reference intended], I guess). When I got back to home sweet home from Florida, I really regretted not buying it (plus, I don't like buying things if I'm afraid in a little while I won't like it anymore. Of course, it had to take until I was back in my own bedroom to realize I'll never stop loking Harry Potter). But then, as I got very upset that my chance was gone, I realized my dad had taken a picture of me with the wand. So I pulled up the picture and examined it, and made a replica of that wand out of Play-Doh, paint, paperclips and glue (it ended up a lot better than it sounds Laughing ). Then I realized you can buy almost anything from the WWoHP at their online store. Oh well. I think I like my version of the wand better. But anyways, here's a like to the site that has the picture of what the wand's SUPPOSED to look like:
http://www.universalorlando.com/merchandise/HPProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=5ede35db-22d0-40c0-9f04-7decc8566d3d(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)&parentCategory=harrypotter(merchandisebasecatalog)&CategoryName=HarryPotter|Ollivanders|Collectibles(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)
And if I could post a picture of the finished product, I would. But I don't have a photobucket/deviantArt/picture posting site account, so I can't... but you get the idea. Very Happy

You can host photos from here! Just go up to the little bar at the top when you go to write/edit a post, and click on the one that says "host an image" and then you can just choose a file from your webcam or choose a picture you uploaded from your camera. Because I want to see your awesome wand!

Ohh, okay! I'm not the best at working with technology. I'm not the biggest fan of putting things on the internet in general (I get paranoid that someone will hack/stalk me haha) so I would know nothing about uploading pictures. It said I need to download something, and my dad doesn't want me downloading anything onto "his" computer. Ugh! Sorry. I was so pumped to show you the picture, too. Darn downloading! Ah, well. I'll find a way. Mark my words. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:43 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
Oh, thanks readergirl. Smile



That's the Ravenclaw banner I made a while ago. Sorry it's horizontal like that, I'm too lazy to get involved with the whole flipping it thing. I guess I could upload some pics of the wands I made a while back. I found these great directions on a website (I completely forget what it was now). But I just made them out of paper, Elmer's glue, tape. and hot glue. And of course paint. Smile

That's awesome! I'm so jealous. Razz You did a really good job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:51 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Well... I went to the WWoHP, and my wand was chosen for me, but I didn't ask my dad to buy it because I don't like asking for things (It's one of my several pet peeves [HP reference intended], I guess). When I got back to home sweet home from Florida, I really regretted not buying it (plus, I don't like buying things if I'm afraid in a little while I won't like it anymore. Of course, it had to take until I was back in my own bedroom to realize I'll never stop loking Harry Potter). But then, as I got very upset that my chance was gone, I realized my dad had taken a picture of me with the wand. So I pulled up the picture and examined it, and made a replica of that wand out of Play-Doh, paint, paperclips and glue (it ended up a lot better than it sounds Laughing ). Then I realized you can buy almost anything from the WWoHP at their online store. Oh well. I think I like my version of the wand better. But anyways, here's a like to the site that has the picture of what the wand's SUPPOSED to look like:
http://www.universalorlando.com/merchandise/HPProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=5ede35db-22d0-40c0-9f04-7decc8566d3d(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)&parentCategory=harrypotter(merchandisebasecatalog)&CategoryName=HarryPotter|Ollivanders|Collectibles(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)
And if I could post a picture of the finished product, I would. But I don't have a photobucket/deviantArt/picture posting site account, so I can't... but you get the idea. Very Happy

You can host photos from here! Just go up to the little bar at the top when you go to write/edit a post, and click on the one that says "host an image" and then you can just choose a file from your webcam or choose a picture you uploaded from your camera. Because I want to see your awesome wand!

Ohh, okay! I'm not the best at working with technology. I'm not the biggest fan of putting things on the internet in general (I get paranoid that someone will hack/stalk me haha) so I would know nothing about uploading pictures. It said I need to download something, and my dad doesn't want me downloading anything onto "his" computer. Ugh! Sorry. I was so pumped to show you the picture, too. Darn downloading! Ah, well. I'll find a way. Mark my words. xD

I figured it out! Haha I'm really slow. And every time I was about to click it, I would get paranoid about the internet (as I always do... don't judge! xD) and think if anyone could hack into my computer or something, via this picture I'm about to post. But I finally figured it out! So here's my version of a wand that was chosen for me (in a link above! Very Happy)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
readergirl1028

avatar

Posts : 167
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 21
Location : second to the right, and straight on 'til morning!

PostSubject:    Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:09 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Well... I went to the WWoHP, and my wand was chosen for me, but I didn't ask my dad to buy it because I don't like asking for things (It's one of my several pet peeves [HP reference intended], I guess). When I got back to home sweet home from Florida, I really regretted not buying it (plus, I don't like buying things if I'm afraid in a little while I won't like it anymore. Of course, it had to take until I was back in my own bedroom to realize I'll never stop loking Harry Potter). But then, as I got very upset that my chance was gone, I realized my dad had taken a picture of me with the wand. So I pulled up the picture and examined it, and made a replica of that wand out of Play-Doh, paint, paperclips and glue (it ended up a lot better than it sounds Laughing ). Then I realized you can buy almost anything from the WWoHP at their online store. Oh well. I think I like my version of the wand better. But anyways, here's a like to the site that has the picture of what the wand's SUPPOSED to look like:
http://www.universalorlando.com/merchandise/HPProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=5ede35db-22d0-40c0-9f04-7decc8566d3d(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)&parentCategory=harrypotter(merchandisebasecatalog)&CategoryName=HarryPotter|Ollivanders|Collectibles(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)
And if I could post a picture of the finished product, I would. But I don't have a photobucket/deviantArt/picture posting site account, so I can't... but you get the idea. Very Happy

You can host photos from here! Just go up to the little bar at the top when you go to write/edit a post, and click on the one that says "host an image" and then you can just choose a file from your webcam or choose a picture you uploaded from your camera. Because I want to see your awesome wand!

Ohh, okay! I'm not the best at working with technology. I'm not the biggest fan of putting things on the internet in general (I get paranoid that someone will hack/stalk me haha) so I would know nothing about uploading pictures. It said I need to download something, and my dad doesn't want me downloading anything onto "his" computer. Ugh! Sorry. I was so pumped to show you the picture, too. Darn downloading! Ah, well. I'll find a way. Mark my words. xD

I figured it out! Haha I'm really slow. And every time I was about to click it, I would get paranoid about the internet (as I always do... don't judge! xD) and think if anyone could hack into my computer or something, via this picture I'm about to post. But I finally figured it out! So here's my version of a wand that was chosen for me (in a link above! Very Happy)


That looks totally awesome! I would post a picture of mine, but, well... I didn't make it.

It was made just for ME by Whirlwood Wands (http://www.whirlwood.com/deluxe/home.html) which I solemnly swear is an absolutely amazing place. And my aunt made the website, so she got it for me for freee! If you want I could post a picture anyways. But I still feel like I kinda took over this thread early on, so otherwise I won't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:30 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Well... I went to the WWoHP, and my wand was chosen for me, but I didn't ask my dad to buy it because I don't like asking for things (It's one of my several pet peeves [HP reference intended], I guess). When I got back to home sweet home from Florida, I really regretted not buying it (plus, I don't like buying things if I'm afraid in a little while I won't like it anymore. Of course, it had to take until I was back in my own bedroom to realize I'll never stop loking Harry Potter). But then, as I got very upset that my chance was gone, I realized my dad had taken a picture of me with the wand. So I pulled up the picture and examined it, and made a replica of that wand out of Play-Doh, paint, paperclips and glue (it ended up a lot better than it sounds Laughing ). Then I realized you can buy almost anything from the WWoHP at their online store. Oh well. I think I like my version of the wand better. But anyways, here's a like to the site that has the picture of what the wand's SUPPOSED to look like:
http://www.universalorlando.com/merchandise/HPProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=5ede35db-22d0-40c0-9f04-7decc8566d3d(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)&parentCategory=harrypotter(merchandisebasecatalog)&CategoryName=HarryPotter|Ollivanders|Collectibles(MerchandiseBaseCatalog)
And if I could post a picture of the finished product, I would. But I don't have a photobucket/deviantArt/picture posting site account, so I can't... but you get the idea. Very Happy

You can host photos from here! Just go up to the little bar at the top when you go to write/edit a post, and click on the one that says "host an image" and then you can just choose a file from your webcam or choose a picture you uploaded from your camera. Because I want to see your awesome wand!

Ohh, okay! I'm not the best at working with technology. I'm not the biggest fan of putting things on the internet in general (I get paranoid that someone will hack/stalk me haha) so I would know nothing about uploading pictures. It said I need to download something, and my dad doesn't want me downloading anything onto "his" computer. Ugh! Sorry. I was so pumped to show you the picture, too. Darn downloading! Ah, well. I'll find a way. Mark my words. xD

I figured it out! Haha I'm really slow. And every time I was about to click it, I would get paranoid about the internet (as I always do... don't judge! xD) and think if anyone could hack into my computer or something, via this picture I'm about to post. But I finally figured it out! So here's my version of a wand that was chosen for me (in a link above! Very Happy)


That looks totally awesome! I would post a picture of mine, but, well... I didn't make it.

It was made just for ME by Whirlwood Wands (http://www.whirlwood.com/deluxe/home.html) which I solemnly swear is an absolutely amazing place. And my aunt made the website, so she got it for me for freee! If you want I could post a picture anyways. But I still feel like I kinda took over this thread early on, so otherwise I won't.

You should post a picture of it! I'd like to see it. I like the wands at Alivans.com (they're having a "Win A Magic Wand" contest where they choose a winner to win a free wand once a month), and I only wish I could have one... *sigh*. Haha. But I'd like to see a picture of yours, even though you didn't make it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 pm

MyMischiefManaged: That is an amazing wand. Sooo Cool! It looks so like the one you modeled it off of. Very Happy

readergirl: I'd love to see the wand too. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:56 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
MyMischiefManaged: That is an amazing wand. Sooo Cool! It looks so like the one you modeled it off of. Very Happy

Thank you so much for the compliment! (I love compliments [I guess most people do... haha]. They make me smile. Very Happy) I love your Ravenclaw banner (I think I already said that, but it's awesome enough for me to compliment twice Very Happy)! It's so... perfect. In my mind's eye, I can see something a lot like that hanging in the Ravenclaw common room, or Luna's bedroom, or some other setting that has to do with Ravenclaw. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
readergirl1028

avatar

Posts : 167
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 21
Location : second to the right, and straight on 'til morning!

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:09 pm



That should be it. Sorry for my... face. I'm too lazy to actually take a picture with my camera and then upload it, so I just did from the webcam and I look like that right now, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Okay, so since everyone's posting pictures of their wands, I might as well put a pic of mine. These are just a few I made. My best ones I don't exactly have on hand. I made my friend one which came out great, another is in my mom's car, and she just left, and the last is.... I don't know exactly. And that was my favorite. :O But anyway, here they are:


I took a page out of readergirl's book and just used the webcam. Smile I'm just not to keen on posting pics of my face on the internet. Don't even have a facebook- so that could be a contributing factor to my paranoia about these things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:31 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:


That should be it. Sorry for my... face. I'm too lazy to actually take a picture with my camera and then upload it, so I just did from the webcam and I look like that right now, haha.

That's an awesome wand! I'm so jealous that you have a professional one. While it's fun making them yourself... *puts on AVPM Snape voice* The results could be... disastrous. *End voice*
I have one that I made from wood, but I won't even bother posting it because I thought it was too long and tried to break the top off, and then it was too short and I tried to put it back on, so I super-glued it but it's still wiggly and it's been reinforced with tape, and... well, to make long story short (even though I just told the long story Razz) it's ugly. Hahaha.

NTonksAuror wrote:
Okay, so since everyone's posting pictures of their wands, I might as well put a pic of mine. These are just a few I made. My best ones I don't exactly have on hand. I made my friend one which came out great, another is in my mom's car, and she just left, and the last is.... I don't know exactly. And that was my favorite. :O But anyway, here they are:


I took a page out of readergirl's book and just used the webcam. Smile I'm just not to keen on posting pics of my face on the internet. Don't even have a facebook- so that could be a contributing factor to my paranoia about these things.

*GASP!* NTonksAuror, those are awesome! How do you make them like that? (I'm pretty sure you posted a link or something, but I'm too lazy to go back and see tehehe). But really, those are really pretty. Are those the paper ones I've been hearing about? And I know how you feel about the paranoia thing. My friend set up a Facebook for me, but 1) I didn't use it and 2) I hate having pictures out on the internet. So I deactivated it. All my friends call me nuts, so I'm really glad that someone else in the world feels the same way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 am

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
[*GASP!* NTonksAuror, those are awesome! How do you make them like that? (I'm pretty sure you posted a link or something, but I'm too lazy to go back and see tehehe). But really, those are really pretty. Are those the paper ones I've been hearing about? And I know how you feel about the paranoia thing. My friend set up a Facebook for me, but 1) I didn't use it and 2) I hate having pictures out on the internet. So I deactivated it. All my friends call me nuts, so I'm really glad that someone else in the world feels the same way!


I completely promote lazy-ness. I myself am a pretty lazy person, but aren't we all? And to save you the trouble if you haven't looked back yet, no, I did not post a link. I'll try to find one though! But yes, these are the paper ones. They're super easy to make. You don't even need the double sided tape the materials list calls for. Though it is preferable. The first one I made didn't come out that great, it was kind of loose. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-an-awesome-Harry-Potter-wand-from-a-sheet-of-/

And about the facebook thing, *high fives*. I'm not alone in the world! I mean, I never was now that I think about it. One of my best friends (have been best friends since 1st grade- now we're freshman) wants nothing to do with a facebook. My parents would never let me get one either. But I've said this before, the only way I'll ever have a thought of wanting a facebook is if I go back to LeadAmerica. It was an amazing seminar with kids from throughout the country and the world. Mine was in Washington D.C. If any of you have the chance to go, GO! It's worth the cost. I went a little over two years ago. Anyway, so yeah, that's the only way I'd get one, to keep in touch with everyone from LeadAmerica.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:36 pm

So I refined my wand-making technique after reading the comments on the website with the instructions. I think the new one I made came out pretty good. Smile I told my friend I'm going to make her a new one whether she wants it or not. Here it is:



Last edited by NTonksAuror on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DorkyBookworm
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 25
Location : The Burrow

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Okay, well I made my average wizard bracelet that I'm gonna wear for the midnight premiere, so I decided to put it up here. What do you guys think?

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

edit: I lied, the actual bracelet is a bit different now because I changed the part that says DorkyBookworm, and I got rid of a link so it fits better, and it looks better now, but that's still the basic idea of how it looks...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:21 pm

DORKYBOOKWORM! That's a totally awesome bracelet! It's really good. Oh, I want to show you guys some of the stuff I made in preparation for an HP party I'm having on Saturday. Let's see here...









(House badges, chocolate frog box, bertie botts every flavor bean box, hogwarts acceptance letter Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:35 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
DORKYBOOKWORM! That's a totally awesome bracelet! It's really good. Oh, I want to show you guys some of the stuff I made in preparation for an HP party I'm having on Saturday. Let's see here...









(House badges, chocolate frog box, bertie botts every flavor bean box, hogwarts acceptance letter Very Happy)


AAAAAAAAH THOSE ARE ALL SO AMAZING! AND A HARRY POTTER PARTY?! That's freaking amazing! I'm sure it will be totally awesome. How did you make the badges? Clay or something? They look amazing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:17 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
AAAAAAAAH THOSE ARE ALL SO AMAZING! AND A HARRY POTTER PARTY?! That's freaking amazing! I'm sure it will be totally awesome. How did you make the badges? Clay or something? They look amazing!

Thank you so much! Very Happy The badges are actually made of felt. I put pins on the back of them so I can pin them to clothing. Smile Thank you for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:43 pm

I hate to double-post, but I've got something I wanna show you. I made a Time-Turner! I'm so glad I finally made one Smile
Here's a link to my deviantArt, where I've got the pic posted:
http://fromwintertospring.deviantart.com/#/d3ieq6t
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DorkyBookworm
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 25
Location : The Burrow

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:32 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
I hate to double-post, but I've got something I wanna show you. I made a Time-Turner! I'm so glad I finally made one Smile
Here's a link to my deviantArt, where I've got the pic posted:
http://fromwintertospring.deviantart.com/#/d3ieq6t
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*gasp* you made your own time turner?!?!?!?!?! That looks amazing! How did you get it to actually turn like that?

also.... i can haz? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:49 pm

DorkyBookworm wrote:
*gasp* you made your own time turner?!?!?!?!?! That looks amazing! How did you get it to actually turn like that?

also.... i can haz? Razz
Thank you so much! Very Happy
It was so fun to make, and figure out how to put together. It turns because that little nub on the outside is glued securely to the middle ring, and it just goes loosely through the outer ring, so it can turn like one would turn a watch's hands.
I've been trying to make one for my friend all day, it just won't work the same as it did the first time Razz So believe me, if I was capable of making you one, I definitely would.
I'm thinking of posting a step-by-step guide of how to make one so everyone can have their own cheap homemade Time Turners XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Magical Crafts!   

Back to top Go down
 
Magical Crafts!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Aya's magical and sometimes sad poems
» Magical Land Of Memes
» My Magical Journey
» M.A.G.I.C: A Magical Girl RPG
» Senshi: A Magical Girl Style RPG Discussion Thread.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: