Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ships

Go down 
+7
MaggieisnotaMuggle
demigoddaughterofHecate
DorkyBookworm
muggleborn_
EmotionalTeaspoon
TheHogwartsPanther
GetBacktoHogwarts
11 posters
AuthorMessage
GetBacktoHogwarts

GetBacktoHogwarts

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Ships   Ships EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Most of us have read Harry Potter fanfiction. So, which pairings are your least favorite? Which are your favorite?
Back to top Go down
TheHogwartsPanther
Admin
TheHogwartsPanther

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:53 pm

I have to say I like cannon and most slash couples...I think they're cute. But for some reason I just can not read one where harry and hermione are together. It just doesn't work for me. I can't see them together.
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:13 pm

I read a lot of fanfiction! I am deffinalty a canon shipper (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione) I'm not a big fan of slash though...
Back to top Go down
GetBacktoHogwarts

GetBacktoHogwarts

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm

I like cannon as well, however I'm not a fan of slash. I'm not a huge Harry/Hermione fan either. I think it's pretty obvious they wouldn't work out and that they're only friends. However, this is merely my opinion. I also think Neville/Luna would be adorable together, and I was upset when I heard they don't get together.
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm a massive Harry/Ginny shipper♥, as well as a Ron/Hermione shipper (I love the banter xD). However, I'm also a Draco/Hermione shipper (this was before AVPM, too. o.o I dunno, I think I like the irony there). And of course, I love anything involving the Weasley twins (except slash o.o that's just too bloody weird.)

I'm on the fence with slash otherwise. I dunno. It just seems a bit far fetched to me.

I'm also a big Neville/Luna shipper. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm

I like some slash, it depends on who it's between and how it's written though, but I gotta say I do love Harry/Draco usually.

I of course love Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione, but Harry/Hermione just creeps me out, I just can't get past it to read the actual fanfic. But mostly it just depends on how the person writes it, I mean my friend showed me a fanfic and told me that Hermione and Snape get together and I though it would just be terrible and I would hate that relationship, but they made it work for the story.
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:55 am

I don't like Harry/Hermione either. It seems so wrong. I stumbled upon it when I first discovered FF. Scared me for life.
In slash words, i won't mind Remus/Sirius. ANd I love Neville/Luna. Its a disappointment it didn't work out...even though I pretend otherwise.
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:05 am

Remus/Sirius sorta weirds me out sometimes. o.0 But if its well written, I don't mind it. :] I love James/Lily (and I do indulge in Lily/Severus sometimes : x but only when I'm in the right mood for it).
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
GetBacktoHogwarts

GetBacktoHogwarts

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:31 pm

I like Lily/James, too. I like reading stories before they got together, but I also want to see something different. It would be awesome to have an insight on what their married life was like. I think that would make for a good story. It's a shame there aren't too many of those.
Back to top Go down
abcdefgh

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 pm

I ship Snape/Lily <3
Back to top Go down
demigoddaughterofHecate

demigoddaughterofHecate

Location : Hogwarts during the school year. Currently at Camp Half-Blood.

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:34 pm

I ship all canon couples, I don't like Harry/Hermione much, I like Neville and Luna, and, ever since AVPM, QUIRRELMORT. Very Happy Best. Couple. EVER.
Back to top Go down
MaggieisnotaMuggle

MaggieisnotaMuggle

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:12 am

I am a massive shipper of Dramione and Hermiron. I also really love James/Lily ships because they're so cute!!!
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:52 pm

I don't read a whole lotta FanFic, but when I do, I like canon couples, Snape/Lily, Quirrelmort, Dramione, and the occasional teacher/student just for the weirdness of it.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:09 am

Favorite ships? I'm good with canon ships (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, etc), but the only one I didn't like was Lupin/Tonks. It was just... BAD. I especially hated Lupin's emo attempt at ditching Tonks in DH. Also, I'm big on Severus/Lily fics. (Not that I don't like James/Lily, but I'm always curious to know how people think Severus and Lily would have ended up.)

Least favorite ship? *prepares for the flying tomatoes* Draco/Hermione. I can buy that a guy who's always teasing a girl might like her, but I can't buy that a guy who calls a girl a racial slur at least once every chapter does.

P.S.: I'm kind of getting into Snape/Hermione, but... Eh, it's taking some getting used-to. The problem is I keep seeing Alan Rickman and Emma Watson instead of JKR's Snape and Hermione, which makes things really creepy (since, y'know, Rickman's old enough to be Emma's grandfather and all.)
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:17 pm

I really don't like Draco/Hermione either.... there is tons of fiction of it though, which is annoying to come across, because they bash poor dear Ronald in those stories.

I looked into Snape/Hermione a little, but after a certain fic, it got to weird for me, to I decided to stick to cannon.
Back to top Go down
MoonyMarauder

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Ships    Ships EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:29 am

My favourite ships are canon ones of course but i also have a soft spot for draco/Luna or fred/hermione i think there just the sweetest couple i dont mind slash but it has to be well written i also like snape/harry mentor fics
Back to top Go down
Poltergeist

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:09 am

I'd say Lily/James is one of faves, also Lupin/Tonks, definitely prefer the canon ships. I mostly just read on fanfiction.net, any other suggestions for good sites?
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Poltergeist wrote:
I'd say Lily/James is one of faves, also Lupin/Tonks, definitely prefer the canon ships. I mostly just read on fanfiction.net, any other suggestions for good sites?

FictionAlley and LiveJournal tend to be good sites, but be warned: When someone on LJ says their fic is NC-17, they MEAN it. I don't mind smut at all, and even I've been turned off by some of the things I've read there.
Back to top Go down
Poltergeist

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 am

tenderlumpling wrote:
Poltergeist wrote:

FictionAlley and LiveJournal tend to be good sites, but be warned: When someone on LJ says their fic is NC-17, they MEAN it. I don't mind smut at all, and even I've been turned off by some of the things I've read there.

Thanks a lot, I've been looking for some good fics to read. I'm not worried about it, sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ships   Ships Empty

Back to top Go down

Ships
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: Fanfictions-
Jump to: