Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All other things nerd

Go down 
+3
readergirl1028
NTonksAuror
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
?LunaLuv

All other things nerd - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
Feel free! "Just remember to tell people where you got it, if they ask."

Sorry, had to throw in a Fred and George reference there.

Haha, why thank you!

And of course! Who doen't love Fred and George? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee_62442

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:48 am

Readergirl, you are officially the nerdiest person I have ever heard of (in an awesome way, of course). I thought I was a nerd, but I seem to be a nerd only relative to the people in my year ...

The nerdiest things about me are:
I watch LOTR Extended Editions over and over (I am almost done reading them, but I had to stop for a while to focus on my last year of school)
I read classic novels like Jane Austen a lot
I make obscure references to Harry Potter that no one understands
I am a Grammar-Nazi on Facebook
I am almost never caught without a book
I have read the HP series more times than I can count, and can quote chunks of it
The only music I listen to at the moment are the AVPM/S soundtracks
I LOVE watching musicals like The Phantom of the Opera (I read the book, too), The Sound of Music, etc.
I watch classic Disney movies (I am in a Hercules/Hunchback of Notre Dame phase at the moment, because I got them on the weekend on DVD Very Happy ) a LOT
I am the resident Harry Potter Nerd at my school Smile
I am 16 and graduating high school, one of the main contenders for Dux of Year 12 (person who topped the most subjects)

I'm also going to the DH premiere dressed as a Ravenclaw Smile NERDS RULE!!!
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Dee_62442 wrote:
I'm also going to the DH premiere dressed as a Ravenclaw Smile NERDS RULE!!!

Eee! I'm going as a Ravenclaw, too! I just bought the pattern for my robe this morning!

And yes, nerds rule. Because we're Totally Awesome!
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:54 pm

[quote="Dee_62442"]Readergirl, you are officially the nerdiest person I have ever heard of (in an awesome way, of course). I thought I was a nerd, but I seem to be a nerd only relative to the people in my year ...
/quote]

Thanks! (: I do my best. I mean, if I'm going to be made fun of, I might as well have fun.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Does staying up late on a school night (like the rebellious teen I am) to watch The Land Before Time count? I did that at the end of the school year last year. Smile

What about still harboring a love for Pokemon? Gotta love the 150 original Pokemon. Now there's about 4,000,000 Pokemon. . . The original series was the best.... I remember there was one episode when Pikachu wouldn't let go of the ketchup bottle. That was one of my favorite episodes! Okay, I'll stop rambling about Pokemon now. Smile

I still haven't finished LOTR. I feel like such a failure. :'(

Actually, I feel so un-nerdy and boring. There's probably more to me than I can remember at the moment, or stuff that I just don't notice as being "nerdy".

Though, I only listen to AVPM/S and some Wrock (unless I'm writing- cause then sometimes I'll listen to sad songs if I need to)
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:10 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
What about still harboring a love for Pokemon?

OH MY ROWLING, how could I forget Pokemon? I used to be (well, more than I am now) SOOO obssessed with Pokemon I scared myself. I had the whole Poke-Rap memorized, too! Very Happy

And yes, first generation Pokemon will always, ALWAYS conquer. I don't like how the episodes of Pokemon now they can talk. Its just not the same.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:04 am

I wasn't replying to this topic because it seemed that everyone has said everything I'm nerdy about but I guess I'll just say mine anyway(:

I love playing video games. (I LOVE Legend of Zelda and Pokemon).
I own most of the classic Disney movies on VHS and have the songs on my iPod (along with classical music).
I have Sailor Moon Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and have watched the Japanese episodes (if this counts).
I have HP Ultimate Editions and am going to buy the rest when they come out.
I also have a HP Time Turner, Snitch, 20 Questions, Sorting Hat, etc.
I'm always reading. I love reading for fun.
When I'm home, I'm usually doing something HP related.
I'm on summer vacation right now and seeing my brothers doing homework makes me miss it.
I'm kind of excited that I'm going to be taking a math class because I haven't taken a math class in a while.
In high school, I loved reading books in English class and then writing essays about them.
When teachers assigned books to read and my friends complained about the books, I would stick up for the book.
Today my brother told me that I'm a super nerd and I need to get a life which I took as a compliment.
I haven't read all of LOTR YET but I'm in love with the movies. (I'm sorry!! I WILL read them though!)
I MUST keep my school supplies and bag and notes organized.
I HATE when shorten their words when they're typing. Even when I'm texting, I use punctuation and spell out the words fully and everything.
I haven't finished the Percy Jackson series yet but so far, I love it and I have a feeling I'm gonna reference to it a lot when I finish.
I love the library. I go there almost every week.

BUT, in the end, Harry Potter is where my heart lies.

I didn't use to show all of this but now I embrace my nerdiness. And readergirl, you're awesome!!
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:50 am

NTonksAuror wrote:
Does staying up late on a school night (like the rebellious teen I am) to watch The Land Before Time count?

Yes. Yes it does. And it is awesome.

Last year, I went to my best friend's apartment (and keep in mind that at the time she was living in Lexington, which is a three-and-a-half hour drive from Indianapolis) because she wanted to see A Clockwork Orange, the library didn't have it, and I was the only person she knew who had a copy. We never ended up watching it; instead, we had a Disney night: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Sleeping Beauty. And she was working on a wedding dress for one of her friends.

NTonksAuror wrote:
I still haven't finished LOTR. I feel like such a failure. :'(

If I said I've never been able to get past the second chapter of The Fellowship of the Ring, would you not feel like a failure? Because I've never been able to get past it (fer realz).
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 am

Oh my gosh! How could I forget! I went through a Zelda phase and still have to love it. (I'm always Link when I play Super Smash Bros) Apparently there's a new Zelda game coming out sometime in the future. Smile I'm not that great at video games so I left it up to my brother to complete them before I was even close. (In Twilight Princess he created a new file and named himself 'M0m' and called his horse 'your ass'. SO HILARIOUS) And yeah, I still do play Pokemon occasionally.

Hehe, Sailor Moon. I used to watch that. Very Happy

And actually, now that I look back on it, I did enjoy all the books we read in class this past year. (A Midsummer's Night Dream, Greek Mythology, and To Kill A Mockingbird. Though everyone loved TKM)

Also, I have a bug project this summer. (I have to collect bugs from certain orders, kill them, and pin them to a board. The room they're in smells like dead bugs now.) But, my friend showed me this amazing bug reference book that's great for identifying them. I couldn't help but get it and actually start reading it. You have no idea how proud I am to finally be able to know the difference between a beetle, bug, and roach. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:43 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
Oh my gosh! How could I forget! I went through a Zelda phase and still have to love it. (I'm always Link when I play Super Smash Bros) Apparently there's a new Zelda game coming out sometime in the future. Smile I'm not that great at video games so I left it up to my brother to complete them before I was even close. (In Twilight Princess he created a new file and named himself 'M0m' and called his horse 'your ass'. SO HILARIOUS) And yeah, I still do play Pokemon occasionally.

I've always loved Zelda!! Yeah, I heard about the new Zelda game. It looks pretty good. I'm always Link in Super Smash Bros. as well. He's my favorite video game character. I even had a shirt of Link getting the Master Sword and I was so excited about it that I wore it to school on the first day of freshman year. ^_^ It shrunk though so my mom threw it away. Sad

HAHA, poor horse!!

My brother won't let me play the new Pokemon games because he doesn't want to lose his file. -_- There's the remakes of the Johto region (which is my favorite region) and he bought Soul Silver but he won't let me play it and I want to so bad so instead, when I do play, it's the Pokemon versions I've already beaten and am starting over on.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 pm

tenderlumpling wrote:
Last year, I went to my best friend's apartment (and keep in mind that at the time she was living in Lexington, which is a three-and-a-half hour drive from Indianapolis) because she wanted to see A Clockwork Orange, the library didn't have it, and I was the only person she knew who had a copy. We never ended up watching it; instead, we had a Disney night: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Sleeping Beauty. And she was working on a wedding dress for one of her friends.

Disney movie marathons are always the best!! My friend and I are going to have one in a couple days. The Hunchback of Notre Dame is such a good movie though. It's so underrated, people always overlook it. The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite though (I love marine biology) with Lion King in second place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All other things nerd   All other things nerd - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All other things nerd
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2