Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer? Empty
PostSubject: Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?   Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Have you ever wondered about them? I remember in OotP, Harry is imagining Dumbledore relaxing under the sun but do they have a place to stay in the summer or they stay in Hogwarts? And also, have you wondered if they're married or not? Well, we know Snape isn't married. And Dumbledore. But have you ever wondered about the rest?
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?   Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 pm

I don't think they live at school during the summer-we know that Snape at least has a house of his own in Spinner's End where he goes in the summer.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?   Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 pm

I remember I read something about this somewhere. Mugglenet? I checked and found it on Mugglenet. It's in a section titled "The Little Things" under "Books". It's general facts that JK has let out that aren't in the books- pretty interesting. Smile But here's what it said pertaining to this:

-The Hogwarts teachers do not stay at Hogwarts during the Christmas holidays. However, Filch, Hagrid, and Dumbledore do.
But others do..... Maybe during summer the teachers don't stay, but some at Christmas?

-A few of the Hogwarts professors have spouses, but that information is restricted for reasons we will find out about later.
Did we ever find out about these reasons? Or am I just delerious and not remembering?

I don't know the last time that list was updated, so maybe there's more known that just isn't written there. But I suggest reading it- some I already knew, but interesting all the same.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?   Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:05 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
I remember I read something about this somewhere. Mugglenet? I checked and found it on Mugglenet. It's in a section titled "The Little Things" under "Books". It's general facts that JK has let out that aren't in the books- pretty interesting. Smile But here's what it said pertaining to this:

-The Hogwarts teachers do not stay at Hogwarts during the Christmas holidays. However, Filch, Hagrid, and Dumbledore do.
But others do..... Maybe during summer the teachers don't stay, but some at Christmas?

-A few of the Hogwarts professors have spouses, but that information is restricted for reasons we will find out about later.
Did we ever find out about these reasons? Or am I just delerious and not remembering?

I don't know the last time that list was updated, so maybe there's more known that just isn't written there. But I suggest reading it- some I already knew, but interesting all the same.

I'll have to check that out next time! Thanks! Smile And for the reasons, I don't think we've ever found out.. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
KatiePotter1995

KatiePotter1995

PostSubject: Re: Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?   Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:58 am

Rowling did an interview in 2000, for Southwest News, and one of the questions was:
Q: Where do the Hogwarts teachers live during the school holidays ? Do they stay at Hogwarts ? (Andrew Zimmer)
A: No, they don't. Filch, the caretaker, stays.

So there it is Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?   Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do the Hogwarts professors live in Hogwarts during the summer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: Books-
Jump to: