Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)

Go down 
+4
readergirl1028
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar
myfriendisdobby
tenderlumpling
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) Empty
PostSubject: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm

So, who are some of your favorite Muggle bands? Mine are Garbage, Creature Feature, Lady Gaga (yeah, I know; even I'm surprised), The Beatles, and Queens of the Stone Age.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:43 pm

I love Breaking Benjamin, The Ataris, Story of the Year, Trapt, Elvis Presley, etc.. I like Lady Gaga too! Really though, I'll listen to anything. If I like it, then I'll listen to it. I like every genre. But lately I've been listening to wrock/AVPM, AVPS/HP soundtracks a lot Very Happy I love summer because then I get to re-read the HP books without schoolwork in the way and become super obsessed all over again.

Last edited by myfriendisdobby on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:59 pm

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music. My favorites are The Eagles, The Beatles, Augusta, Weezer, Styx, Kansas, Boston, Death Cab for Cutie, Dashboard Confessional, The Mamas and the Papas, Peter Paul and Mary, Led Zeppelin, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. And these people aren't really bands, but I love John Denver, Pasty Cline, Norah Jones, Alison Krauss, Scott Joplin, Mozart, Bach, Chopin, and all that other classical and instrumental music. I have a love for Irish and Celtic music too. And I absolutely love the songs from Wicked, The Sound of Music, and classic Disney movies (I love musicals!) I even like opera music too (which I love to sing, but unfortunately I'm very good at). And I can't leave this out, but I LOVE the music from Lord of the Rings, I have the soundtracks from all 3 movies on my ipod! Sorry that I went on and on here, but I love music.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:02 pm

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar wrote:
t I LOVE the music from Lord of the Rings, I have the soundtracks from all 3 movies on my ipod! S

WANT. *sigh*

As a theatre geek, I'm kinda obsessed with musicals. So, yeah, Wicked, Mamma Mia, Les Mis, Phantom, Mary Poppins, Annie, Peter Pan, West Side Story... you know the drill.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:22 pm

My favorite band is Paramore, their lyrics are just spectacular. Also All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, Hey Monday, Anarbor, The Killers... the pop-punk-rock stuff Smile

But I like pretty much everything: classical, pop, hip-hop, reggae...if it's good music I like it. The only genres I really really don't like are Rap and Country. Piano and guitar are beautiful instruments, and I love it when its just one of those instruments with a great singer.

Every time I see musicals I get chills, and my favorite soundtrack is Wicked. I love the Almost Alice album (songs inspired by the movie remake).

A Fine Frenzy is very very very good. The Minnow and the Trout is one of the most amazing and true songs ever written.

Indie/Alternative stuff is totally awesome. Vampire Weekend, Tegan and Sara, Phoenix....lessthanthreee

Parachute=love.

I usually like the overplayed songs on the radio until they become popular and ...overplayed.

So yea.
tongue
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:19 pm

well, Im a GLEEk so I listen to there covers from the shows Smile

I also love Paramore and BoysLikeGirls right now.

I'll always love Taylor Swift, and Secondhand Serenade

atm, I'm constantly listening to the AVPS soundtrack, adn some wizard rock
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:49 am

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar wrote:
...Mozart, Bach, Chopin, and all that other classical and instrumental music.

Eee! I love classical music, too. My favorites are the Danse Macabre, "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals, Rhapsody in Blue, The Arabian Dance from "The Nutcracker", and Bolero. (The clip I linked to is from Allegro non troppo, which is l) Also, if you like acoustic piano music, check out Abandoned Toys.

Quote :
Sorry that I went on and on here, but I love music.

No problem. Very Happy Music is the universal language.

Also: For everyone who said they like piano music, might I introduce you to Abandoned Toys?
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Well, I am kind of REALLY biased, but if anyone here liked Brazilian music, or jazz, my mom is a jazz pianist who has a Brazilian band.

And you can buy some of her stuff on iTunes.

www.bethlederman.com

Oh, I'm totally promoting her here, but I really do like her music, and she's just SO HAPPY when she gets an email saying that someone's spent $1.00 to buy a song.

Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
KatiePotter1995

KatiePotter1995

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:16 am

EmotionalTeaspoon wrote:
well, Im a GLEEk so I listen to there covers from the shows Smile

I do too!! I love the songs!!
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Oh man. I have way too much to list everything. Genre wise, I love 80's music/anything that sounds like 80's music (ex: Van Halen, Adam Ant, the Killers, Lady Gaga). I love big band stuff, like Brian Setzer's Orchestra, anything with a BIG sound. Nightwish is a favorite of mine, especially their album Dark Passion Play. I lovelovelove WROCK, so much. The Whomping Willows and The Ministry of Magic are my favorites so far. I love musicals, Broadway and otherwise (my current favorite is Sweeney Todd - Len Carious owns my lessthanthree).

I know I haven't covered everything, but I listen to pretty much anything and everything. If I like it, I listen to it. :]
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)   Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this) Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggle Music? (Feel free to move this)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: