Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When you read the books, how do you picture the characters?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

When you read the books, how do you picture the characters? Empty
PostSubject: When you read the books, how do you picture the characters?   When you read the books, how do you picture the characters? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:20 am

I'm so used to the actors in the movies that I picture them when I read. I used to picture them all in a certain way before the movies came out but the more I watched the movies, the more I saw Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson (even though she's more of a glamorized Hermione), Tom Felton, etc. Do you picture them as the movie characters too?

When I re-read the books, there are some characters that the movies haven't included so I'm glad I can imagine them how I want to instead of having someone's appearance already laid out in front of me on the screen.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: When you read the books, how do you picture the characters?   When you read the books, how do you picture the characters? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:04 am

In some scenes in the book that's directly in the movie, I see the actors and actresses. I watched GoF while I'm in the middle of reading it and especially now I see that. But I tend to keep Harry as my original Harry. With messy black hair, GREEN eyes, etc. Honestly, I thought Emma was more "Hermione" in the first two, but after that she's not exactly "Hermione" any more. That's just my opinion.

And for Ron, it's always been my vision of Ron who I've seen in the books. I think there's just certain actors who invade the books for me. But like I said, when a scene in the book was in the movie, I tend to envision the movie scene.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: When you read the books, how do you picture the characters?   When you read the books, how do you picture the characters? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:13 pm

I see Dumbledore as the guy who was in the first two, not the grumpy old fat guy who wasn't all awesome and insane who played him for the rest of the films.

And yeah, Harry's more HARRY than Dan is, if that makes sense.

I always felt Hermione wasn't as pretty as Emma. She's supposed to be more like me, with buck teeth, frizzy hair, kind of short, always holding a book. I also picture her with glasses for some reason, even though that's not in the books.

Peeves looks like the other ghosts to me, except not nearly as mournful. And he has a jester hat, and it's purple and yellow and orange with bells.

Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you read the books, how do you picture the characters?   When you read the books, how do you picture the characters? Empty

Back to top Go down

When you read the books, how do you picture the characters?
Page 1 of 1