Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disney movies.

Go down 
+3
foreshadowing7815
NTonksAuror
readergirl1028
7 posters
AuthorMessage
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:35 pm

I watched Mulan today and it was even more amazing then I remembered. I think I laughed harder in the hour or so that I was watching it then I have in months.

I also watched Hunchback a while back, and it was totally awesome, too.

What are your favorite Disney movies?
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:29 pm

I actually watched Mulan and Anastasia for the first times in Social Studies last year. We had a student teacher so we kind of took advantage of that fact.

My mother deprived me from Disney movies as a child and I've only seen a handful of them. But I loved Mulan and Anastasia. Smile And when I used to go to my aunt's house when I was little my brother and I always watched Alice in Wonderland.
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 pm

I wasn't too into princesses when I was little, so my favorites were Mulan and Pochahontis. I don't know if Pochahontis was a princess or not....but I liked her. Now, my favorites include Pochahontis still, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and The Little Mermaid. Did anyone else like The Little Mermaid 2 as much as I did? (I don't really remember everything in it, but I remember liking it a lot.)

Edit: Yea, I spelled Pocahontas wrong. Sorry about that.

Last edited by foreshadowing7815 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:51 am

NTonksAuror wrote:
I actually watched Mulan and Anastasia for the first times in Social Studies last year. We had a student teacher so we kind of took advantage of that fact.

My mother deprived me from Disney movies as a child and I've only seen a handful of them. But I loved Mulan and Anastasia. Smile And when I used to go to my aunt's house when I was little my brother and I always watched Alice in Wonderland.

Actually, Anastasia is Twentieth Century Fox movie. It's still awesome, though; "Once Upon a December" is one of my all-time favorite movie songs.

As for favorite Disney movies... Hoo boy, this is gonna be hard. *thinks* Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin, Robin Hood, Flight of the Navigator (I can imagine I'm the only person on this board who's seen it, but if you get the chance, definitely see it), Mulan, The Emperor's New Groove, and Make Mine Music (this is a series of vignettes set to music, kind of like Fantasia, but it's more contemporary [for 1946, at least] music. Here's a few of my favorite pieces: "All the Cats Join In", "The Whale who Sang at the Met", and "Peter and the Wolf").

Also: I've heard that Beauty and the Beast will be re-released at the end of September, as an audience sing-along. If it comes anywhere near me, I am SO going!
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:55 am

I just watched Mulan on Wednesday!! My all time favorite is The Little Mermaid. I love the ocean and everything about it and The Little Mermaid explores it! My second favorite is The Lion King and then it's a tie between Hercules and Aladdin.

I love Hunchback of Notre Dame though! I also love Pocohantas, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, and Tarzan. But really, I love them all. If you put on a Disney movie, I'll watch it. I have a lot on VHS too.

Now I have "A Whole New World" stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:10 pm

myfriendisdobby wrote:

Now I have "A Whole New World" stuck in my head.

Yeah, that happens to me, a lot.

This guy sings it amazingly, both parts. Just thought I'd share.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:11 pm

tenderlumpling wrote:
NTonksAuror wrote:

Actually, Anastasia is Twentieth Century Fox movie. It's still awesome, though; "Once Upon a December" is one of my all-time favorite movie songs.

Oh. Well, sorry. I didn't realize that........ My friend said that her uncle or someone helped work on it though (music? I don't know exactly).
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Oh boy. I love me some Disney.<3

My all time favorite Disney movie is the original 1951 Alice in Wonderland. Smile I remember watching it a lot as a kid. Alladin and Pocahantes are a close tie for second, then The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Toy Story, The Sword and the Stone, The Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, and probably another 50 or so that escape me at the moment. <3

Anastasia is also a favorite cartoon of mine. And Bartok the Magnificent is pretty good, too. ^^ And The Road to El Dorado is massively underrated, in my opinion. I loves it.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
Lumos

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:02 pm

DISNEY!!! Very Happy

I love Disney. A life without Disney is unimaginable (likewise for Harry Potter).

Name any Classic Disney movie, and I'll love it. Although, I think Aladdin is the closest to my heart. A part of it might have to do with the fact that I'm Persian, and have been told I'm a carbon-copy of Jasmine, but I just have a connection with Aladdin. I've always loved it. I also love Mulan, Pocahontas, Lion King, Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland. Any Disney movie really. Just not the modern-day rubbish they have now.

I also miss the Toon Disney Channel. Any one else remember that?

OH!!! And the Brave Little Toaster! I saw The Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars about two weeks ago! Can't forget Toaster!!
Back to top Go down
Team_Cedric

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:23 am

Oh, man, this is going to be hard ... I love pretty much any Disney movie from the 90s. My favourite is probably Beauty and the Beast, VERY closely followed by Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (the movie made me want to read the book), Hercules (I LOVE Greek mythology), and Aladdin (Robin Williams is hilarious!).

Readergirl, your post about A Whole New World made me think that it being sung by Darren Criss would be amazing!

And I know (now) it's not a Disney movie, but I like Anastasia, too Smile
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:29 pm

My favorite, I just changed my mind recently, would have to be Mulan and Beauty and the Beast. My friend, who is also on AW, is in LOVE with Disney movies! In our art class she would sing songs from Tangled the whole time, and I know all of the words even though I've never seen the movie Smile
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:12 pm

foreshadowing7815 wrote:
My favorite, I just changed my mind recently, would have to be Mulan and Beauty and the Beast. My friend, who is also on AW, is in LOVE with Disney movies! In our art class she would sing songs from Tangled the whole time, and I know all of the words even though I've never seen the movie Smile

You HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE to see Tangled. It has got to be the most amazing movie I saw in the past few months (apart from Deathly Hallows, of course). It's AMAAAAZING!
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:37 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
foreshadowing7815 wrote:

You HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE to see Tangled. It has got to be the most amazing movie I saw in the past few months (apart from Deathly Hallows, of course). It's AMAAAAZING!

Haha I really want to! Maybe when it comes out on DVD Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disney movies.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney movies.    Disney movies.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney movies.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: