Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrock

Go down 
+9
MyMischiefManaged
KatiePotter1995
myfriendisdobby
MaggieisnotaMuggle
readergirl1028
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar
TheHogwartsPanther
muggleborn_
EmotionalTeaspoon
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Wrock   Wrock EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

I have JUST discovered wrock, but am confused of the overwhelming numbers of songs and bands.
What are you're favorite bands/songs?
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:37 pm

If you're looking for funny WROCK, go with Draco and the Malfoys or Harry and the Potters. In terms of more serious music, I'm quite fond of the Whomping Willows and the Ministry of Magic. Catchlove is ok, I found them through Mugglenet. Their song Potterwatch is pretty good. I, myself, am still discovering the wonderful world of WROCK, so you're not alone.

Cause you're here with me. Heh. x] Anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 pm

oooh, thanxs. I now love Ministry of Magic, although, its hard to find the song files to put on my ipod...
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:18 am

Mp3's of their stuff is unfortunately very hard to find. Makes me sad. If you find a reliable place to download them, please let me know. :]
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 am

I'll probably just record them off youtube onto my phone Smile
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:26 pm

O>O You're a genius. I hadn't even thought of that. xD
Back to top Go down
TheHogwartsPanther
Admin
TheHogwartsPanther

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:32 pm

RiddleTm also have a lot of good songs. Though those are more imotional like I Must Not Tell Lies or 16 years ago. They also have one called For Jo. It's a very cute heartwarming song dedicated to JK Rowling.
Back to top Go down
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Ministry of Magic, The Remus Lupins, RiddleTM, Oliver Boyd and the Remebralls, The Parselmouths, Gred and Forge, and Tonks and the Aurors (I know I'm forgetting someone here) all have really good music. These are my favorite bands. There are a lot of bands where I just like a couple songs of theirs. Go on YouTube and look up different bands and songs. That's what I do, and I discover new bands and songs that I like all the time.
If I have to go with specific songs, there are so many I love! But my favorite is "Ascendio" by Ministry of Magic (I love the Acoustic version of this song too) I also absolutely love both "I May Lose Everything" and "Lovegood" by MoM and "End of an Era" by Oliver Boyd and the Rembralls.

Last edited by TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:29 pm

They have a lot of wrock songs on Itunes.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:32 pm

I personally like a couple songs from a lot of different groups:

Illegal Love Potion
What Kind of Name is Hermione? both by The Parselmouths

Expecto Patronum by Remus and the Lupins

Flaw in the Plan by the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office

Snape vs. Snape by the Ministry of Magic

Dobby
Voldemort is Awesome
Potions Yesterday, all by Draco and the Malfoys

are all some of my favorites.

(That was a REALLY weird, non-grammatically correct post. Sorry. Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:10 pm

On the note of not knowing where to download the music from, I've just recently been shown something very useful. ^^

http://listentoyoutube.com/index.php

Put the link to the vid in, get the mp3 of it. :] It works really really well, and is the reason my Wrock collection has increased so much in the past couple of days. ^^
Back to top Go down
MaggieisnotaMuggle

MaggieisnotaMuggle

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:25 am

I think my downright favorite two songs of all WRock are Open at the Close by The Sorting Hat and Flight of the Prince (Acoustic version) by Oliver Boyd and the Rememberalls. I obsess over both of them :#
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Listen to "The Bravest Man I Ever Knew" by the Ministry of Magic! That's what made me get into wrock.
Back to top Go down
KatiePotter1995

KatiePotter1995

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Site to download   Wrock EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Hey
Now I know that downloading without paying is illegal, but I do know this one site that I use only if I can't find the music on itunes. It is safe, easy, and I have never gotten a virus from it. Some probably know it, it's BeeMP3, no registration required Razz

I personally love "Twelve Days of Christmas" by Gred and Forge! And also Ministry of Magic and RiddleTM
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:41 pm

muggleborn_ wrote:
On the note of not knowing where to download the music from, I've just recently been shown something very useful. ^^

http://listentoyoutube.com/index.php

Put the link to the vid in, get the mp3 of it. :] It works really really well, and is the reason my Wrock collection has increased so much in the past couple of days. ^^

I used this today because I remembered that you had posted it.

THANK YOU! <I~Cool
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:05 pm

I love Ministry of Magic. Their song "Escape From Azkaban" was what got me started with Wrock. But their other songs are just as good, if not better. I love their songs "Snape vs. Snape", "The Bravest Man I Ever Knew", "Marauder's Map", "Lightning Struck Tower", "A Phoenix Lament", "Gryffindor Rally Call/Cry" (I've seen it under both titles... so I'm not sure which one it is), "Goodbye Privet Drive", and... well, just about all the others. I love the fun music that Harry and the Potters write, but if you're looking for some deeper music about characters who don't get recognized a lot, I'd say Let's Lumos is a really good band. They only have a few songs, but they're all very wonderful.
I was actually thinking of starting a bit of a Wrock band myself. The first thing that stopped me from pursuing that idea was the copyright issues (my parents, friends, and everyone else in the world informed me that you might need permission, although I doubt that all those Wrock bands all got permission). Then I realized I cannot play guitar, drums, or any instrument other than the piano (which is still quite awful, in my own mind). Then, I don't have a YouTube account, so there's no way I'd be able to put my music out there in the world.
Oops, there I go, babbling like an idiot again! Well, to stick to the idea of the topic, I'd say my favorites are Ministry of Magic and Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls.

[EDIT: Sorry if some of my sentences don't make any sense... I'm still in summer mode, and summer mode + school mode = brain malfunction. xD]
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:13 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:

I was actually thinking of starting a bit of a Wrock band myself. The first thing that stopped me from pursuing that idea was the copyright issues (my parents, friends, and everyone else in the world informed me that you might need permission, although I doubt that all those Wrock bands all got permission). Then I realized I cannot play guitar, drums, or any instrument other than the piano (which is still quite awful, in my own mind). Then, I don't have a YouTube account, so there's no way I'd be able to put my music out there in the world.
Oops, there I go, babbling like an idiot again! Well, to stick to the idea of the topic, I'd say my favorites are Ministry of Magic and Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls.

[EDIT: Sorry if some of my sentences don't make any sense... I'm still in summer mode, and summer mode + school mode = brain malfunction. xD]

That would be totally awesome if you did start a band though! Oh well, at least you had the idea. Smile Oh I love Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls! I love "End of an Era". Even though Harry Potter will never truly end, it still means a lot for the end of the books/movies.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 pm

myfriendisdobby wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:

That would be totally awesome if you did start a band though! Oh well, at least you had the idea. Smile Oh I love Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls! I love "End of an Era". Even though Harry Potter will never truly end, it still means a lot for the end of the books/movies.

"End of an Era" is definitely their most popular song, but I love all their songs in general. And now that you think it'd be a good idea, maybe I'll give it a shot, just for fun. I've already written some lyrics for possible Wrock songs (one about Cedric, one about Barty Crouch, Jr., one about my beloved Fred, and one about Stan Shunpike). What I think would be totally awesome is if the Average Wizards teamed up and wrote one huge, epic Wrock song (with a few people writing lyrics, a few posting ideas, a few recording instruments and a few recording their voices, all compiled and organized). Now THAT would be one of the most epic AW-wide projects of all time.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:11 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:

What I think would be totally awesome is if the Average Wizards teamed up and wrote one huge, epic Wrock song (with a few people writing lyrics, a few posting ideas, a few recording instruments and a few recording their voices, all compiled and organized). Now THAT would be one of the most epic AW-wide projects of all time.

That. Sounds. AMAZING!

I would totally sing for that. Or play harp, although I'm not very good yet.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:

What I think would be totally awesome is if the Average Wizards teamed up and wrote one huge, epic Wrock song (with a few people writing lyrics, a few posting ideas, a few recording instruments and a few recording their voices, all compiled and organized). Now THAT would be one of the most epic AW-wide projects of all time.

That. Sounds. AMAZING!

Agreed! I would play the piano if I still remembered... So I would just sing instead Smile
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

DorkyBookworm wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:

That. Sounds. AMAZING!

Agreed! I would play the piano if I still remembered... So I would just sing instead Smile

1st of all readergirl- Harp? That's totally awesome.

I could play... trumpet? Yeah... can't play piano, guitar (unless you count the 2 weeks in music class last year), drums, have a terrible voice...... So we could have the cool band with the trumpet in the back. Hahaha... haha.. ha..... ? ... I'll stop now.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:09 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:

Haha, yepp, harp. It's pretty new. And my harp's name is Trubie. Here's a pic, if you care. And here's a pic even if you don't care, because I'm excited about Trubie. He's called Trubie because he's a Troubador harp. He loves the HP soundtrack, AVPM/S soundtrack, and Wrock, and hates the Beatles (which I swear is not my fault).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=536592&l=e4f347956b&id=100000000748895
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:20 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
DorkyBookworm wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:

That. Sounds. AMAZING!

I could play... trumpet? Yeah... can't play piano, guitar (unless you count the 2 weeks in music class last year), drums, have a terrible voice...... So we could have the cool band with the trumpet in the back. Hahaha... haha.. ha..... ? ... I'll stop now.

This would be one ridiculous song, that's for sure. xD (Ridiculous in a good way, of course Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:08 am

Omr, man, I'd be so in. But I can't really remember how to play piano all that well (I can't read sheet music to save my life, see), but I could probably hash out a melody or something, given the time. Or I could sing, of course. Razz

Good lord, the epicness of this song idea is making me woozy. Course, I'm super tired now, so that may have something to do with it. What a Face geek
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 am

myfriendisdobby wrote:
Listen to "The Bravest Man I Ever Knew" by the Ministry of Magic! That's what made me get into wrock.

That is my all-time favorite Wrock song. Probably not surprising... *coughs* *points at avvie* *cough*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrock   Wrock Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next