Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cooking Thread!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

The Cooking Thread! Empty
PostSubject: The Cooking Thread!   The Cooking Thread! EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:44 am

So who else here likes cooking?

I made these muffins for the first time last month, and... Well, put it this way: It's a vegan recipe, and when I made it for my meat-and-cheese-loving relatives, they inhaled every last one of them, and now they're threatening to beat me because I haven't made them in so long.

The Best Pumpkin Muffins, from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan With a Vengeance. They should end up looking something like this:

The Cooking Thread! Thebestpumpkinmuffins

The nuts are optional, but I miiiiight make half of my next batch with walnuts and cranberries.

(Incidentally: I'm not a vegan; I'm a transitioning vegetarian. It's okay; I don't judge. 'Cause all the world really needs is peace, love, Harry Potter, and great food, amirite?)
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: The Cooking Thread!   The Cooking Thread! EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Those sound yummy:) Unfortunately, I'm a horrible cook and don't really cook much. I should probably start learning, especially since I always complain about how there's nothing good to eat since I can't make half of the things I'm craving for.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: The Cooking Thread!   The Cooking Thread! EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 pm

myfriendisdobby wrote:
Those sound yummy:) Unfortunately, I'm a horrible cook and don't really cook much. I should probably start learning, especially since I always complain about how there's nothing good to eat since I can't make half of the things I'm craving for.

Sounds a lot like me. But I'm almost 15 so I can get away with depending on my mother for food. (Last time Dad cooked-not grilled- we had "burgers" covered in bread crumbs). But I was placed in Culinary this year- randomly- so I have been cooking lately. I used to mess up on Easy Mac, and now a few weeks ago my friend told me to take over cooking the pumpkin seeds. Very Happy It was an amazing feeling to know I'm not an epic failure in the kitchen. Very Happy

And those muffins look amazing.
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: The Cooking Thread!   The Cooking Thread! EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:24 am

myfriendisdobby wrote:

YouTube has a lot of great cooking channels with simple, easy-to-follow recipes; here's a list.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: The Cooking Thread!   The Cooking Thread! EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:58 am

Okay well I'm not really that big on cooking because I cannot remember recipes to save my life, I constantly have to write down directions and stuff, but if I have the recipe and directions in front of me then I can cook like perfectly! But that is not why I am posting here >.>

ANYWAYS!!! Back in like august when I went to WWoHP me and my friends had the butterbeer there (obviously because without the butterbeer it would not be the complete experience!) then later that day when we got back to my friend's uncle's house we had cheesecake, and me and my friends decided that the most amazing tasting food in the world would be butterbeer cheesecake! If you have had the butterbeer think about it! Doesn't it sound delicious?!?!?!?! Somebody needs to make this! ....like now. If I was able to eat this I would die happy.

lol sorry, I just went on a little rant, but still, doesn't it just sound delicious?!?! bounce *hyper!!!!!* okay... I'm good now >.<
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cooking Thread!   The Cooking Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: