Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Anyone else draw fan art?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Anyone else draw fan art?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:28 pm

I, on occasions, like to fancy myself an amateur artist. When I run out of ideas, I sketch HP characters, along with other characters that are fun to doodle. I have about six hand-drawn Fred and George Weasley posters up around my room, one of how I imagined young Peter Pettigrew in the books (I think the way he looks in the movies suits him perfectly, but I wouldn't want that version of him staring at me from my wall at night xD so I drew what I imagined him looking like in the books), two of Stan Shunpike (one of him on the Knight Bus, one of him in Azkaban looking all sad), and some of the gang.
But, forgive my ranting, tehehe. Would any of you AverageWizards happen to do some fan art too? If so, who do you like to draw most?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DorkyBookworm
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 25
Location : The Burrow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:39 am

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
I, on occasions, like to fancy myself an amateur artist. When I run out of ideas, I sketch HP characters, along with other characters that are fun to doodle. I have about six hand-drawn Fred and George Weasley posters up around my room, one of how I imagined young Peter Pettigrew in the books (I think the way he looks in the movies suits him perfectly, but I wouldn't want that version of him staring at me from my wall at night xD so I drew what I imagined him looking like in the books), two of Stan Shunpike (one of him on the Knight Bus, one of him in Azkaban looking all sad), and some of the gang.
But, forgive my ranting, tehehe. Would any of you AverageWizards happen to do some fan art too? If so, who do you like to draw most?


ugh I wish. I unfortunately am terrible at art. I could try, but I'm not really a draw-from-memory-type person, if I do that, I'll try to draw a person and end up with something looking like a mix between a horse, an elephant, and a dog. I kid you not, that is how terrible I am. But if I am drawing from a picture or have the actual thing in front of me, I actually not THAT bad......... ok so I still kinda suck, but I have at least a little skill that way. I gotta say though, I usually attempt to draw manga characters, I haven't ever attempted to draw a HP character, mainly because I don't think they deserve me doing that to them >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:14 am

Hahaha I'm sure you're better than you're giving yourself credit for. I can't draw from memory either. For Stan I used a picture I found on the internet as a reference. For Fred and George I used action figures xD. Except sometimes I like to cartoon them, and then it really doesn't matter if they look like them or not, hahaha. I'm trying to find the one I did of Stan... it looked pretty realistic. Aw, shucks. Oh well. Here's one of Fred (action figure still life xD):


Yupp... kinda stinks, I know. I felt like drawing my heart out. *Sigh* Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DorkyBookworm
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 25
Location : The Burrow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:59 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Hahaha I'm sure you're better than you're giving yourself credit for. I can't draw from memory either. For Stan I used a picture I found on the internet as a reference. For Fred and George I used action figures xD. Except sometimes I like to cartoon them, and then it really doesn't matter if they look like them or not, hahaha. I'm trying to find the one I did of Stan... it looked pretty realistic. Aw, shucks. Oh well. Here's one of Fred (action figure still life xD):


Yupp... kinda stinks, I know. I felt like drawing my heart out. *Sigh* Hahaha.



It doesn't stink! I like it, it's much better than what I could do, you have like your own style. But I particularly like the shading on his hair.
(sorry, I had to say it XP, but I really do like the hair in the pic I'm not just saying it. That may be mainly due to the fact that I can't color with crayons (at least I think that is what it is, if not then I just fail at art >.<) and the only thing I have to compare your picture to coloring-wise are the blobs of color that come out when I attempt to color with crayons, but that does not make it any less true!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Ahahaha yeah, it's crayons. Sorta embarrassing, ehehe. All my colored pencils mysteriously went missing. I found them, though, which is good. Thanks for the compliment! It makes me happy Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:16 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Ahahaha yeah, it's crayons. Sorta embarrassing, ehehe. All my colored pencils mysteriously went missing. I found them, though, which is good. Thanks for the compliment! It makes me happy Very Happy.

There is nothing embarrassing about crayons! I got a 120 pack for my 15th birthday a few weeks ago, along with Harry Potter coloring books. Nothing to be ashamed of. Smile

And to the topic of this- personally, I don't. I'm not terrible at art or anything. But my friend, who recently read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (another has Mockingjay) drew a picture of Peeta. She also just started Harry Potter (She's on the chapter Quidditch), so I dunno, maybe I'll be hearing about some HP fan art from her in the future. She's amazing at art, is asking for all the fancy pencils and stuff for Christmas........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DorkyBookworm
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 25
Location : The Burrow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:05 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Ahahaha yeah, it's crayons. Sorta embarrassing, ehehe. All my colored pencils mysteriously went missing. I found them, though, which is good. Thanks for the compliment! It makes me happy Very Happy.

There is nothing embarrassing about crayons! I got a 120 pack for my 15th birthday a few weeks ago, along with Harry Potter coloring books. Nothing to be ashamed of. Smile

And to the topic of this- personally, I don't. I'm not terrible at art or anything. But my friend, who recently read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (another has Mockingjay) drew a picture of Peeta. She also just started Harry Potter (She's on the chapter Quidditch), so I dunno, maybe I'll be hearing about some HP fan art from her in the future. She's amazing at art, is asking for all the fancy pencils and stuff for Christmas........

One of my friends does that too, I actually paid her to draw a pic for Sirius, and a pic of Fred for one of my friend's birthdays. It was so amazing! I am so jealous of her artwork, and yea she always asks for drawing supplies and stuff too. XP
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:52 pm

I used to hang out with other artists, but they didn't like me very much because I didn't take art quite as seriously as they did. They saw art as a profession, a serious job, I guess, while I saw it as a hobby and nothing more, and I guess they didn't like that. Like, some of my best work is in my notebooks while their best work is on a canvas that they labored over for hours. Of course, theirs is better than mine by a long shot because they actually cared what it looked like, haha.
But anyway, sorry about that rant. It's becoming a habit. BAD MISCHIEF BAD! Anywho, I'm getting really upset because I can't find my Stan picture. It's depressing me because I want to show you guys! D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myfriendisdobby

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 27
Location : Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:31 pm

I LOVE it. I really do. I used to be so good with art but when I started college, I just stopped. I was going to be an art major but then I changed my mind and now I really regret it because it's the one thing I'm passionate about and love doing and I could definitely see myself doing a lot of Harry Potter for art projects. Anyways, so I'm just blabbing and talking about something else but I really like it! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Blabbing is acceptable. I do it all the time. And you like my picture? Thankies! I'll have to show you guys my Stan one soon (got a photobucket account, hopefully I'll remember to get a deviantArt account also), as soon as I find it. And I'm sorry to hear you regret not majoring in art. I didn't even take art as a class this year (they don't switch each semester at my school, they just keep it constant), and my school has a decent art program. I don't regret not taking it, though, because I have so much fun in Drama class. Urggg see? I'm blabbing too. *slaps self*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myfriendisdobby

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 27
Location : Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:36 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Blabbing is acceptable. I do it all the time. And you like my picture? Thankies! I'll have to show you guys my Stan one soon (got a photobucket account, hopefully I'll remember to get a deviantArt account also), as soon as I find it. And I'm sorry to hear you regret not majoring in art. I didn't even take art as a class this year (they don't switch each semester at my school, they just keep it constant), and my school has a decent art program. I don't regret not taking it, though, because I have so much fun in Drama class. Urggg see? I'm blabbing too. *slaps self*

xD

I'd like to see Stan! I remember after the DH book came out, my friend drew Ron and Hermione's children. It was so cute! I kinda wand to make some fan art now. I think I will in the summer since if I start now, I won't be able to finish it since I only have two weeks of break left and I'm trying to play my video games and read books I've been meaning to read. I finished the third Percy Jackson in a day and I'm starting the fourth one today, I can't wait:D

I actually paint but I haven't painted in a while because of school but I've been meaning to make Hogwarts. It's just so time consuming though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:21 pm

You paint?
That. Is. Awesome.
I wish I could paint. It always comes out pretty bad. I usually just stick with pencil sketches. I only color in art that I mean to show others. Otherwise I just leave it as a sketch (the Stan one is still a sketch, but I don't plan on coloring it, hehe).
Back to the point, though. I really wish I learned how to paint when I was younger. My elementary school art program sort of shaped who I am as an amateur artist today, and we covered nearly everything except for painting, which we rarely even attempted. I did do one painting in seventh grade that was okay, but she had us use a reference picture, so that's kind of cheating... xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:05 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
You paint?
That. Is. Awesome.
I wish I could paint. It always comes out pretty bad. I usually just stick with pencil sketches. I only color in art that I mean to show others. Otherwise I just leave it as a sketch (the Stan one is still a sketch, but I don't plan on coloring it, hehe).
Back to the point, though. I really wish I learned how to paint when I was younger. My elementary school art program sort of shaped who I am as an amateur artist today, and we covered nearly everything except for painting, which we rarely even attempted. I did do one painting in seventh grade that was okay, but she had us use a reference picture, so that's kind of cheating... xD

As far as I know, using a reference picture isn't cheating. Everything I've done in class (paint, pen and ink, scratchboard) has involved a reference picture. Smile I'm currently nursing a drawing phase..... so when I have time I'll eventually draw something HP related. I drew Katniss (from the Hunger Games) the other day.... um.... didn't turn out very well. Buuut, hopefully my next will be better.

That reminds me. Last year in art we had to make the Mona Lisa into someone else- I made her Hermione. So if I have the time or the incentive to post a picture I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:08 am

Oh, that's cool, NTonksAuror! And, well, I did use a reference picture for my Stan one, so I guess my argument was going nowhere anyway xD. You should post something! I'm sure it's fantastic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:33 pm



So, here she is. Keep in mind we originally drew them as the Mona Lisa, then changed it to someone else. AAAAH! The nose is really off in this picture- I assure you, it does not look crooked like that in my drawing. It was probably just from the camera shaking or something. Nor is there that really dark line for her nose out of her eye, but whatever. Sorry it's so huge..... the thumbnail was just too small..... O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 pm

OMR! NTonksAuror, that's really good! You did a really good job on that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DorkyBookworm
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 25
Location : The Burrow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:12 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:


So, here she is. Keep in mind we originally drew them as the Mona Lisa, then changed it to someone else. AAAAH! The nose is really off in this picture- I assure you, it does not look crooked like that in my drawing. It was probably just from the camera shaking or something. Nor is there that really dark line for her nose out of her eye, but whatever. Sorry it's so huge..... the thumbnail was just too small..... O.o

oooo I actually really like it Smile I can definitely see the Mona Lise crossed with Hermione. And meh I can't draw noses anyways so compared to what I would do your looks amazing even if it is crooked in this picture Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Haha, thanks. Smile I'll post any other HP related pieces I do in art class. We had to make a surrealism around one object, and mine was a stuffed owl that looks a lot like Hedwig. I also put the Hogwarts Castle in the corner somewhere, so maybe I'll post that when I bring it home. I have some crafts I'm working on (which have been lying in the room for weeks because of all the homework I've been getting) that I'll post pics of in the Magical Crafts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Okay! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work!
I found my Stan one, and I uploaded it to my brand-spankin'-new deviantArt account. I link below:
http://fromwintertospring.deviantart.com/#/d35au9x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:27 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Okay! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work!
I found my Stan one, and I uploaded it to my brand-spankin'-new deviantArt account. I link below:
http://fromwintertospring.deviantart.com/#/d35au9x

Wow. That's so good. So is your other one. Very Happy I love the hands..... My friend told me I should join DeviantArt, but I don't draw enough for it to be something I'd be greatly interested in. I'm more of a writer. But if I do join, I'll let you know and comment on your work and stuff. Smile Keep us posted on other work you put up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:08 am

NTonksAuror wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Okay! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work!
I found my Stan one, and I uploaded it to my brand-spankin'-new deviantArt account. I link below:
http://fromwintertospring.deviantart.com/#/d35au9x

Wow. That's so good. So is your other one. Very Happy I love the hands..... My friend told me I should join DeviantArt, but I don't draw enough for it to be something I'd be greatly interested in. I'm more of a writer. But if I do join, I'll let you know and comment on your work and stuff. Smile Keep us posted on other work you put up!

Aw, thank you so much! You like the hands? THANK YOU. They took me forever, you have no idea how happy it makes me to know that someone noticed! You should join, you're talented! I'm sure many other members would love your art. There's a pretty big Harry Potter fan base too, as far as I know, which makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NTonksAuror

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:55 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
NTonksAuror wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Okay! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work!
I found my Stan one, and I uploaded it to my brand-spankin'-new deviantArt account. I link below:
http://fromwintertospring.deviantart.com/#/d35au9x

Wow. That's so good. So is your other one. Very Happy I love the hands..... My friend told me I should join DeviantArt, but I don't draw enough for it to be something I'd be greatly interested in. I'm more of a writer. But if I do join, I'll let you know and comment on your work and stuff. Smile Keep us posted on other work you put up!

Aw, thank you so much! You like the hands? THANK YOU. They took me forever, you have no idea how happy it makes me to know that someone noticed! You should join, you're talented! I'm sure many other members would love your art. There's a pretty big Harry Potter fan base too, as far as I know, which makes me happy.

I'll think about joining.... I joined TeenInk for writing a few weeks ago and I don't even go on that... so I dunno how DeviantArt would last..... Anyway, yes, the hands came out amazing. My friend gave me a sketchbook and some pencils for Christmas sooooo.... you may see something in the near future if I actually suck it up and draw the other eye on this one drawing.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMischiefManaged

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Azkaban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:11 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
I'll think about joining.... I joined TeenInk for writing a few weeks ago and I don't even go on that... so I dunno how DeviantArt would last..... Anyway, yes, the hands came out amazing. My friend gave me a sketchbook and some pencils for Christmas sooooo.... you may see something in the near future if I actually suck it up and draw the other eye on this one drawing.....
Yay! I never actually joined TeenInk, but I was an avid follower of it for a while. But I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anyone else draw fan art?   

Back to top Go down
 
Anyone else draw fan art?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» So I will draw things now
» Rainbow the beauty
» .:. Lacrimosa Lake
» Kid Flash
» My wolves, that are in a pack and if you want to rp with me just ask and ill be glad too!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: