Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who else is sad?

Go down 
+3
DorkyBookworm
NTonksAuror
readergirl1028
7 posters

Have you gone? If not, why not?
Yes, I've gone, and it's more amazing then Red Vines!!!!
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap15%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Yes, I've gone, but it wasn't as totally awesome as I'd have hoped.
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap10%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
No, I haven't gone because of financial reasons.
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap15%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
No, I haven't gone because of distance.
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap20%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
No, I haven't gone because of other plans.
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap10%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
No, I haven't gone because my parents/guardians are total muggles.
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap25%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
No, I haven't gone, and I don't want to! I'll tell you why in a comment.
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap0%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Haha, you said "berry" and "Harry" instead of "very."
Who else is sad? I_vote_lcap5%Who else is sad? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:17 am

Don't get me wrong. I'm berry, Harry, very excited and happy about WWoHP.

I'm also berry, Harry, very sad that I can't go right now.

For me, it's financial reasons, distance, other plans for the next couple of years for breaks, and no desire from anyone but me to go.

Anyone else not able to go who gets as upset as I do when they hear about all the awesome things there?
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Well, I did get a chance to go to the WWoHP early July. We were visiting my grandparents and I convinced my parents to make a side trip. Very Happy

I voted on the poll the one that, yes, I went, but was a bit disappointed. When I first walked through Hogsmeade, it was amazing. The hotel we stayed in allowed us to get in a hr early, and that made a huge difference. I was completely overwhelmed. My thoughts: This is real, oh my gosh, please no one look at me while I hyperventilate in sheer amazement. Then I got into the whole: Wow, never in JK's wildest dreams would she have thought something from her imagination-something she created-would be so popular and loved that it'd become real.

It was amazing, to say the very least. We did Ollivanders first then the Forbidden Journey. The line is a journey in itself. But the ride was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. I convinced my dad and brother to go on a second time- leaving my mom, aunt, and cousin waiting for us. (Though the second time around we were in the middle of the ride and it broke down)

But later on in the day, when the initial euphoria diminished because of the sea of people, and you had to wait a half an hour in line for a store to buy expensive trinkits, and focused on not getting lost in the mass of people shoved into an area too small to accomondate them all, I began critisizing it. Yes, the butterbeer was out of this world, yes it was an amazing experience, but I was slightly disapointed in it. After hearing so many wonderful things about it I set the bar high- too high, I think. Also, later in the day, it lost some of its magic.

Maybe it was the crowds, maybe it was just me, but I couldn't help leaving at the end of the day masking the twinge of disappointment in my heart. <-- well that sounded a bit melodramatic. But it still was amazing, though overpriced, cramped, and not as magical as I thought it would be.

Oh my. Sorry for that long, long, long rant! I haven't had a chance to really rant about it. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Ya, um, sorry, again, about that rant. I honestly thing you're better off not going now, while it's still some huge, popular attraction. The crowds were unbearable, trust me.

And sorry about my atrocious spelling in some parts in my above post, I forgot to go through it and check spelling.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm actually really impresses with it. I'm in florida right now actually visiting universal studios. So far i love WWoHP, admittedly it is all super expensive, and the lines are kinda ridiculous but its still amazing. The lines go faster than you would think, especially for the rides where it only goes slow because people (like me) are taking pictures of their surroundings.

The only thing i wish they had changed is I wish they had made the stores so much bigger! not even with more things in it, but just bigger so more people could get in then the lines would be so much shorter and it would be bearable. But something i discovered you can see all of the WWoHP places in one day, and the lines are A LOT shorter later in the day, and if you don't want to wait in the giant lines to buy the things, go into the stores for the experience but go to the trading company store at the very beginning of the Islands of Adventure they have everything you can find in the WWoHP except the wands in ollivanders.
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 pm

I voted for three of them:

No, I haven't gone because of financial reasons. ---> I'm a poor college student Sad

No, I haven't gone because of distance. ---> I live in the West Coast Sad

No, I haven't gone because my parents/guardians are total muggles. ---> Not only my parents, but all of my friends too! Sad One of my best friends knows my crazy HP obsession and she wants to go there too but she has financial problems too. Plus, it's just not the same because then I'd have to explain everything to her like I usually do with the movies and it's just.. it's just hard trying to convert Muggles, ya know? I DO have two friends who are HP obsessed too but we're not that close and don't bump into each other a lot either.

I'm glad that there's finally a post in this section! I've been wanting to hear what it's like for a while! I've made it my life goal to go there though. I even told my mom that after college, when I start working, I'm saving up my money for the WWHP.

Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 pm

I want to go so bad, although its kind of financial reasons. My parents are in the mists of renovating our kitchen, so a trip is out of the question.

Also, my HP obsessed friend and I want to go together, so we decided when we finish high school. (in about two years) we'll go together, as a last hurrah before we go off the separate collages. we hope that we'll be able to afford it, and that it won't be as crowded, as i hear it is now.
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:14 pm

I want to go to the WWoHP so bad! I've heard its awesome and the Forbiden Journey ride is the most magical thing you'll ever experience.

My family is planning to go in December hopefully for the Winter Break. I live in Florida, you see, so it's not so much distance for the reasons I can't go. It would take about a 5 hour drive but it'll probably be worth it. Very Happy

As for a review, I obviously haven't gone, but a friend just came back from it yesterday and said it was a waste of money. They didn't go on any of the rides because it was too crowded and it was really hot. Mind you, they aren't exactlly HP fans so they might not have been as overjoyed as most of us would be, but I would recommend going when the craze and popularity of it has died down. Around Winter would be a good time because it probably wouldn't be so hot and hopefully the crowds would have lessened. It would probably also add to the magic of it because Hogsmeade is supposed to be covered in snow and it wouldn't make so much sense right now because of the summer temperature. So yeah, Winter is advisable.
Back to top Go down
demigoddaughterofHecate

demigoddaughterofHecate

Location : Hogwarts during the school year. Currently at Camp Half-Blood.

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm going to Florida from Aug. 27th - Sep. 10th, and WWoHP is part of that trip. I've heard that it's amazing. Wish me a magical trip, fellow AWs! ~Cool
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:04 am

Have a positively magical trip, my dear! king

I really hope I get to go at some point. It wouldn't take a lot of convincing where my mother is concerned, but there's the problem of the money and the distance. I live in Ohio, so driving there would take 15 hours, at least (we drove there before, when we went to Disney World).
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
Sponsored content

Who else is sad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who else is sad?   Who else is sad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who else is sad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: Wizarding World of Harry Potter-
Jump to: