Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAMD.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

MAMD.  Empty
PostSubject: MAMD.    MAMD.  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:56 pm

So, the last (but not least, although most definitely the most inappropriate) Starkid show, Me and My Dick. Of course, a lot of people haven't seen it because of how obviously inappropriate it is, and some people hated it because of that, but I'm not one of those people. Maybe it's my Starkid loyalty, but I kind of liked it. Again, I'll just copy some of my post on MAMD from my blog:

I wrote this before I saw LWL, which is obvious, if you read the certain sentence that says "I haven't seen it yet."

Quote :

've told you about A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel. I have explained, at least a little, how awesome Starkid is.

What I haven't told you about are their other two shows- Little White Lie and Me and My Dick. You can probably see why, for the second one. For the first, well, I haven't seen it yet, although I do want to.

I avoided watching Me and My Dick for a long time. First of all, I wanted to make sure I wasn't interrupted- the subject is a little awkward- so, I waited until I had a long enough period of time alone in the house to watch the whole thing in one go, which doesn't happen all that often.

Yesterday, that opportunity finally rolled around, and, lo and behold, I thought it was brilliant. Totally inappropriate, sure, but very, very funny.

There are several reasons the show's so funny.

First of all, it features all of your favorite Starkids- Joey Richter (Ron Weasley) as himself, Joe Walker (Voldemort/Professor Umbridge) as Dick, and a ton of other characters, including Cho Chang as Miss Cooter, Ginny as Sally, Yaxley as Big T, Sirius as Old Snatch, Darren Criss (Harry Potter) on guitar. Anything with Starkids in it has to be great.

Second, there were references to it in AVPM and AVPS that I didn't catch when I first watched the show, that I now understand, and other little scraps of sentences that were reused in AVPM. Everytime I caught one of those references it made me smile.

Third, the characters are entirely different and hilariously portrayed. I mean, there's Joe Walker, who is amazingly handsome, and who we last saw in drag playing the mean, mad, but misunderstood Umbridge, playing Joey Richter's best friend, who also happens to be his dick. It's a little funny. Also, there's several guys in drag, including one of the writers and the guy who played Sirius in AVPS, who, by the way, is my friend on Facebook. You have to laugh just to think how embarassed you would be to play their roles.

Fourth, Starkid is brilliant. The lines are funny, the songs are well worded, the music is really very good, even if the lyrics are a little odd. They could put on CATS! and make it fabulous, I swear, and that's really difficult.

Fifth, it's inappropriate, and crude, and weird. There's that little part of you (especially when you're younger and so much of your life is controlled by parents and teachers and everyone else) that says, "oh my, I shouldn't be watching this. I shouldn't be here, but I am, and I'm happy about that." And hey, better to be watching a performance with good acting, music, and lessons about following your heart and sticking with your friends than doing, say, illegal drugs.

Even if the performance does happen to revolve around matters that aren't commonly socially accepted as something to put on a musical about.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

MAMD.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAMD.    MAMD.  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:15 am

Even though it's inappropriate, the ending still made me tear up. It's rather disturbing, if you think about it. But I was so happy when Joey and er... Joey's FRIEND (;D) found each other in the end. I love the songs "Even Though" and "Ready to Go". And Darren Criss's versions of the songs are really nice too. Well, of course they would be! The songs were actually really catchy.

"Wait, don't go. There's something I need you to know. Just wait. Hold on a minute. My head's confused but I know there's something in it." <3 BEST LINE. I melted when Joey sang that.

Ohmygosh, I loved how they used the HSM references in that one scene! They used like one right after the other. I think there were 4 references. It made me laugh so hard. I think it was something like, "Fabulous! We've got to get our head in the game because the boys are back in town" or something... Ah, I can't remember! I know I said it wrong. OH! And there was that one line that totally reminded me of "Granger Danger" or something Hermione said. I need to watch it again because I don't remember much.

While I was watching it, I kept thinking to myself, 'What. the. heck. am I watching?' But I love StarKid too much that I HAD to watch it. I had a feeling they wouldn't let me down by the time I would finish it. So all in all, it was great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

MAMD.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAMD.    MAMD.  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Yes, I also watched it in the time I was home alone.... Wink It was really funny, but extremely inappropriate, and it kind of made me feel dirty for watching it, but again hilarious. Oh Joey<3
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

MAMD.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAMD.    MAMD.  EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:10 am

I absolutely loved it the first time I watched it! x] That might be because I'm a twisted little freak, and I love Starkid, but nonetheless, I just LOVE IT. Very Happy Its just so well written, and just full of win. Very Happy

And I personally loved seeing Joe Walker without a lot of makeup. x] He's so pretty. *dreamy sigh*

Plus, there're so many great lines in it. I just love the whole thing. x]
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

MAMD.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAMD.    MAMD.  EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:12 am

My friend (the same one who told me to watch LWL) actually just watched it yesterday. I haven't seen it yet, sadly. But I watched part of Part 1 and I was thinking "wtf". Yeah, yeah, I know. I have plans to finish watching it now because of this discussion. Smile My friend said it was terrible, but whatever. But then again, it couldn't have been too bad because she sat through the whole thing....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAMD.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAMD.    MAMD.  Empty

Back to top Go down

MAMD.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: