Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OOTP: The Lost Prophecy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
moony

OOTP: The Lost Prophecy Empty
PostSubject: OOTP: The Lost Prophecy   OOTP: The Lost Prophecy EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 pm

I was reading the OOTP again and I had to keep reading The Lost Prophecy chapter. I haven't read the books in a while so I seem to be forgetting things. What confused me the most was when Dumbledore was talking about his plan and the flaw in his plan. So his flaw is that he cared for Harry too much and loved him too much to tell him the truth? But what is the plan that he is talking about? Every year, the plan continues but what is the plan? Is the plan what we find out through Snape's memories in DH?

If you can, please don't say too much about DH because I've only read it once so I want to be surprised again when I do read it. :]
Back to top Go down
moony

PostSubject: Re: OOTP: The Lost Prophecy   OOTP: The Lost Prophecy EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Me again. I was just looking at it again. I think I understand it now. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Okay so Dumbledore gave Harry to Petunia, his sister's blood relative to protect Harry. So his plan was to keep Harry safe? And throughout the years, he wanted to keep him safe from harm but the flaw was loving him too much to want to protect him so much that he couldn't bring himself to tell Harry the truth about his life and the prophecy?
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: OOTP: The Lost Prophecy   OOTP: The Lost Prophecy EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:50 pm

moony wrote:
Me again. I was just looking at it again. I think I understand it now. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Okay so Dumbledore gave Harry to Petunia, his sister's blood relative to protect Harry. So his plan was to keep Harry safe? And throughout the years, he wanted to keep him safe from harm but the flaw was loving him too much to want to protect him so much that he couldn't bring himself to tell Harry the truth about his life and the prophecy?

Yea, Dumbledore's plan was too keep Harry safe, but he cared about Harry too much to tell him things that might upset him. By doing this Dumbledore actually put Harry in danger because Harry didn't really understand his fate, or the prophecy or anything, making Dumbledore caring for Harry the flaw in the plan.
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOTP: The Lost Prophecy   OOTP: The Lost Prophecy Empty

Back to top Go down

OOTP: The Lost Prophecy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: Books-
Jump to: