Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Halloween Costumes

Go down 
+2
MyMischiefManaged
NTonksAuror
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:37 pm

So Halloween is on the horizon and I realized I am at a complete loss for what I want to be this year. I've come across a few good ideas, but I've been wanting something HP themed. I might go as what I was planning on last year- which I thought was great.

So, feel free to share any costume ideas, HP or otherwise.

Last year I was planning on being a conscience (It was going to rain so I didn't want to ruin it). I made an angel and a devil out of socks and had them holding signs- Angel: Don't eat the cupcake! Devil: Eat the cupcake! I just wore a black t-shrt and put a white duct tape question mark on both sides and attached the angel and devil on their respective shoulders. Smile
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Well, (don't laugh!) last year I was a witch, but not the Harry Potter kind (regrettably, I'm usually sort of on-and-off with HP, but I'm really into it right now and I have been for the past few months, so I think it'll be a while before I start drifting from it again). It was a purple and black skirt with an almost corset-like part on the top. And it was pouring rain where I went trick-or-treating. And at a Halloween party before, I wore an orange shirt that had a picture of toilet paper on it and said something like "Don't make me use this!". Two years ago, I was a werewolf, but only so I could sit outside and pretend to be a statue. I haven't made a costume in a while (which is depressing), but I think I'll make one tihs year. I love the idea of a conscience, though! It's awesome! I am never good with costume ideas, but hopefully I'll have a little more success.
I've been thinking of using an HP costume this year, but I've also been thinking of doing something more original. Last year I didn't really go all-out because the two people I was trick-or-treating with were anime characters, and I wanted to be something else.
Four years ago, I was a boy for Halloween. I simply asked myself, "What's the scariest thing I can think of?" So I was a boy (I'm a girl in real life). I wore a wig and carried a Pokemon pillowcase and everything. And most people actually thought I was a boy. That was really funny.
I was going to go as one of my story characters one year, but then I realized nobody would get it but me... hahaha
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:22 pm

I have some friends who are planning to be different color crayons and want me to be a crayon with them. So I just might be a crayon for Halloween. Very Happy

I was thinking about being something HP-related before my friend introduced the crayon idea, but I guess I'll save the dressing up for the midnight showing of Deathly Hallows. (P.S. Have you seen the newly-released movie posters? They're AWESOME!)

Oh, and that conscience costume sounds really cool!
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:18 am

Last year I went as Anne Boleyn. The year before, Helen of Troy. The year before that, Alanna from Song of the Lioness. This year I'm using my DH premiere costume and just going as a regular Slytherin student, but next year I'm going as a Plague Doctor.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 am

readergirl1028 wrote:
Last year I went as Anne Boleyn. The year before, Helen of Troy. The year before that, Alanna from Song of the Lioness. This year I'm using my DH premiere costume and just going as a regular Slytherin student, but next year I'm going as a Plague Doctor.

You obviously know you're history. Smile I love that plague doctor idea. Smile My history teacher was telling us about them the other day. I probably would have thought it was cool if I didn't hate him so much.... He spent two whole classes (88 min each) talking about King Henry VIII and his six wives (Anne Boleyn one of them- but I'm sure you know that). Haha, we had to make posters in History in groups about King Henry or one of his wives- my group got Henry. So one kid in my group writes in huge red letters, "PLAYER". My dad said that on back to school night my teacher was just talking about King Henry and his six wives and 66" waist.

Okay, enough complaining about my history class.

You had some great costumes obviously.... Smile

Oh, one more question for everybody. Does anyone go trick-or-treating? I'm a freshman and I'm still gonna go. My dad said I was too old two years ago, and my mom said her last time was in eighth grade.... either way, I'm still going.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:45 am

NTonksAuror wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:

You obviously know you're history. Smile I love that plague doctor idea. Smile My history teacher was telling us about them the other day. I probably would have thought it was cool if I didn't hate him so much.... He spent two whole classes (88 min each) talking about King Henry VIII and his six wives (Anne Boleyn one of them- but I'm sure you know that). Haha, we had to make posters in History in groups about King Henry or one of his wives- my group got Henry. So one kid in my group writes in huge red letters, "PLAYER". My dad said that on back to school night my teacher was just talking about King Henry and his six wives and 66" waist.

Oh, one more question for everybody. Does anyone go trick-or-treating? I'm a freshman and I'm still gonna go. My dad said I was too old two years ago, and my mom said her last time was in eighth grade.... either way, I'm still going.

I do know my history... or so I hope. I'm planning on maybe teaching Western Civ when I grow up, so it's important.

I'm going trick-or-treating this year, too. I mean, free candy, dressing up, and acting like a random character... what's not to like?
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:50 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
NTonksAuror wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:

I do know my history... or so I hope. I'm planning on maybe teaching Western Civ when I grow up, so it's important.

I'm going trick-or-treating this year, too. I mean, free candy, dressing up, and acting like a random character... what's not to like?

Last time I went was i think freshman year of highschool, and like I would have gone other years if I had a group of friends to go with, but all my friends were noobs Razz
But one of my friends said earlier this year that she would go as quirrell from avpm if I went as voldie, which would be EPIC!!!! So idk, who knows, maybe college kids will go trick-or-treating this year Very Happy and if not, partayyyyy ;P

lol, no but seriously I know tons of college kids that still go trick or treating, hey it's fun, and free candy!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 pm

DorkyBookworm wrote:
Last time I went was i think freshman year of highschool, and like I would have gone other years if I had a group of friends to go with, but all my friends were noobs Razz
But one of my friends said earlier this year that she would go as quirrell from avpm if I went as voldie, which would be EPIC!!!! So idk, who knows, maybe college kids will go trick-or-treating this year Very Happy and if not, partayyyyy ;P

lol, no but seriously I know tons of college kids that still go trick or treating, hey it's fun, and free candy!!!!!!!! [/quote]

One of my friends said that she'll "come down to town with us and dress up, but won't go trick-or-treating"..... please explain the point of that other than so she can flirt with this guy more.... she annoys me sometimes....

I love that Quirrel/Voldie idea! That'd be very, very epic.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm a freshman in high school and I'm still going to go trick-or-treating. Two years ago I didn't because I had no friends (lol), last year I went, and this year I'm definitely gonna go. I've got a few ideas. I'm having such a bad weekend... and when I'm upset, I think, so I've been mulling over my costume. Here are some:
A "cereal" killer (I wrote cereal instead of serial on purpose... Razz), where I just shove a big plastic knife through a box of cereal and carry that around for a while (even though that's not very original, haha). I'm thinking of going as emotions, meaning I take a while shirt and glue little puffballs with different facial expressions on them all over myself. Hehehe. I could go as a shower (have a curtain around myself, carry around a bar of soap/bottle of shampoo/rubber ducky, wear a bathrobe, and have an old showerhead sticking up from my head... lol). In a continuation of the emotions thing, I could also go as individual emotions such as anger, happiness, loneliness, excitement, etc.. Not sure how I'd do that yet, but whatever.
...Yeah.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 pm

You are all so brilliant....

I got a sorting hat at the WWoHP this summer, and my mom says I should go as that.... but I could go even father- find a scarf like the Scarf of Sexual Preference and wear that around my shoulders as well. Very Happy

Or dress normally and say I'm a Muggle.....

I had this other idea that I could go as a Quidditch player from AVPS- sorry if I already said that, my heads a mess right now with school and stuff.

I was a flying pig two years ago, which, I have to say, was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 am

*GASP* NTonksAuror, you have the Sorting Hat? *Faints* I think you should build something off of that! My dad said he'd only buy me one thing, and my mom said she'd only buy me one thing, and I had forgotten to bring my own money (which would have only got one thing anyway... hehehe). But once my dad had bought me something and my mom was shopping for me, I lied and said my dad hadn't gotten me anything yet so she got me two shirts instead of one xD (it wasn't fun when they found out that I lied, but it was our last day in the park so they couldn't go back and return it Razz). But I really wanted that Sorting Hat! I took a picture of myself in it though... hehe. Sorry for my rant! But I think the Sorting Hat/Scarf of Sexual Preference idea is really good, especially if you want to do something comedy + HP.
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Well, I *was* going to represent my House (Ravenclaw!) this year, but I've yet to find a pleated-skirt pattern for the uniform, so my best friend is going to help me with that. I'll wear my uniform to the DH Part 1 (and maybe 2) premiere instead.

Instead, I'm making and wearing this dress (gold sleeves, moss-green body). It'll be easier and quicker, so I can actually get it done this month. ...Maybe. (I've got about five projects that have been sitting around for a year or longer.)
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:28 pm

tenderlumpling wrote:
Well, I *was* going to represent my House (Ravenclaw!) this year, but I've yet to find a pleated-skirt pattern for the uniform, so my best friend is going to help me with that. I'll wear my uniform to the DH Part 1 (and maybe 2) premiere instead.

Instead, I'm making and wearing this dress (gold sleeves, moss-green body). It'll be easier and quicker, so I can actually get it done this month. ...Maybe. (I've got about five projects that have been sitting around for a year or longer.)

Oh my gosh! That looks a lot like my Anne Boleyn costume... which my Grandma made.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f22/15/52/63/82/the_bl10.jpg Here's me at the Ren Fest in it with some random guy in an awesome costume.

EDIT: So, I realized you can't really see the sleeves or anything in that photo... well, here you can.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f22/15/52/63/82/ren_fe10.jpg
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:37 am

readergirl1028 wrote:
tenderlumpling wrote:

Oh my gosh! That looks a lot like my Anne Boleyn costume... which my Grandma made.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f22/15/52/63/82/the_bl10.jpg Here's me at the Ren Fest in it with some random guy in an awesome costume.

EDIT: So, I realized you can't really see the sleeves or anything in that photo... well, here you can.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f22/15/52/63/82/ren_fe10.jpg

They are very close! Mine doesn't have the overlay piece, though.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:32 pm

DorkyBookworm wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:
NTonksAuror wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:

lol, no but seriously I know tons of college kids that still go trick or treating, hey it's fun, and free candy!!!!!!!!

Teehee :3 The last time I went trick or treating was my first year of college. But I'm not doing anything anymore. Seriously though, free candy! How can you pass that up?! I really really want to do something though because I got a Gryffindor shirt and Hermione's illuminating wand so I really want to dress up as Hermione on Halloween but I wouldn't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:46 pm

So this year... I was Pandora's Box. I was just wearing a cardboard box and made little ghouls that popped out of it, like the evils of the world. I got a lot of weird comments and looks, but I definitely think it was worth it.
Two of the many individual people I went with were a pirate and a ninja. They promptly had a battle, but my pirate friend won because she had a rifle (fake, of course, haha). Other than the trick-or-treating, Halloween was far more complicated than it should have been. I went through three different towns though, so I got loads of candy Very Happy Free candy always tastes better... hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloween Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Costumes   Halloween Costumes Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween Costumes
Page 1 of 1