Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things they changed in Deathly Hallows

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Things they changed in Deathly Hallows Empty
PostSubject: Things they changed in Deathly Hallows   Things they changed in Deathly Hallows EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Ok this is mostly a speculation topic, and a filler topic since this site has been like dead since before Thanksgiving ( Sad )

But with some of the things they changed in the movie, how do you think they will get it to work for Deathly Hallows part 2?

My main concerns:
  • How will they explain how Snape found them, cause they didn't take Phineus' (sp?) portrait
  • They didn't really explain too much of Dumbledore's past, I mean I guess they could still get it to work, but I feel like if you haven't read the books you will miss a lot of important info. what do you think?

Also: I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the other topic or not but anyone else notice that the Burrow magically reappeared after being burned down, with no explanation given?
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Things they changed in Deathly Hallows   Things they changed in Deathly Hallows EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 pm

I completely forgot about the Burrow! But I don't know, maybe they'll think people assumed it's just magic. I don't know.

Lily's letter. Why. Did. They. Take. That. Out. I want to scream.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Things they changed in Deathly Hallows   Things they changed in Deathly Hallows EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Yeah, I noticed the Burrow thing... it confused me. Oh well. The Phineas thing is important, I totally forgot about that! AHHHH don't I feel silly. I did feel like if you didn't read the books, it's hard to understand. Like when Harry spoke Parseltongue to Bathilda (well... it wasn't really Bathilda... but you know what I mean). People behind me were saying things like "What did they just say?" Even though it's not something they changed, they should have at least explained it, because it really didn't sound like Parseltongue... just gibberish, really, eheheh.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Things they changed in Deathly Hallows   Things they changed in Deathly Hallows EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:36 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Yeah, I noticed the Burrow thing... it confused me. Oh well. The Phineas thing is important, I totally forgot about that! AHHHH don't I feel silly. I did feel like if you didn't read the books, it's hard to understand. Like when Harry spoke Parseltongue to Bathilda (well... it wasn't really Bathilda... but you know what I mean). People behind me were saying things like "What did they just say?" Even though it's not something they changed, they should have at least explained it, because it really didn't sound like Parseltongue... just gibberish, really, eheheh.

With the Bathilda thing, I agree. It has been a long while since the second movie, so it would have slipped people's minds- or maybe they had never seen it. In the books it's never forgotten and plays a larger role than it does in the movies. And with books, its easier to retain details like that rather than movies. I think at least.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Things they changed in Deathly Hallows   Things they changed in Deathly Hallows EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:28 pm

I completely forgot about the Phineas portait!! Oh wow, how will they include Snape with that then. With the whole Dumbledore thing, I heard that there's going to be more of him and his past in part two but I don't see how that would work if most of part two is the battle. I feel like the King's Cross scene with Dumbledore won't be as powerful (Dumbledore crying, talking about his life) as with the book.

With the Burrow, in HBP, I assumed that it was Fiendfyre but now all of a sudden it's back so I dunno.

I've realized that lately, I stopped thinking of the movies as other people's point of view, the ones that haven't read the books because if they want to know what's happening that badly, THEN PICK UP THE BOOKS AND READ THEM. It's not hard and they'll enjoy them as well but if they don't want to, then that's their problem. They can get lost in the movies and not understand what's going on.

Sorry, there's just some people I know that are so annoying with this. They go to the midnight showing and everything but haven't read the books and it just annoys me. Their excuse for not reading the books? "I don't like reading." "They're too long." Yeah, whatever. Their problem, I'm not gonna bother explaining the whole books to them if they don't care that much in the first place.

I just judge the movies on what I like now, not how others will see them. But I will NEVER forgive them for taking out Lily's letter/Sirius's bedroom. Nevernevernever.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Things they changed in Deathly Hallows   Things they changed in Deathly Hallows EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:30 am

myfriendisdobby wrote:
I completely forgot about the Phineas portait!! Oh wow, how will they include Snape with that then. With the whole Dumbledore thing, I heard that there's going to be more of him and his past in part two but I don't see how that would work if most of part two is the battle. I feel like the King's Cross scene with Dumbledore won't be as powerful (Dumbledore crying, talking about his life) as with the book.

With the Burrow, in HBP, I assumed that it was Fiendfyre but now all of a sudden it's back so I dunno.

I've realized that lately, I stopped thinking of the movies as other people's point of view, the ones that haven't read the books because if they want to know what's happening that badly, THEN PICK UP THE BOOKS AND READ THEM. It's not hard and they'll enjoy them as well but if they don't want to, then that's their problem. They can get lost in the movies and not understand what's going on.

Sorry, there's just some people I know that are so annoying with this. They go to the midnight showing and everything but haven't read the books and it just annoys me. Their excuse for not reading the books? "I don't like reading." "They're too long." Yeah, whatever. Their problem, I'm not gonna bother explaining the whole books to them if they don't care that much in the first place.

I just judge the movies on what I like now, not how others will see them. But I will NEVER forgive them for taking out Lily's letter/Sirius's bedroom. Nevernevernever.

Oh I know what you mean, on of my friends doesn't read at all, but she loves the movies. And she'll always try to talk to me about movies she's seen where I've read the books and it's like....no. They are completely different. Especially with Harry Potter, luckily though one of my other friends was getting super confused with the HP movies and I convinced her to finally read the books.
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things they changed in Deathly Hallows   Things they changed in Deathly Hallows Empty

Back to top Go down

Things they changed in Deathly Hallows
Page 1 of 1