Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

436th Quidditch World Cup

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RandmWiz

436th Quidditch World Cup Empty
PostSubject: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 pm

As many of us will know, August 22 is the 436th Annual Quidditch World Cup! Exclamation

What are your plans to spend the day if you were one of the many not able to get your hands on tickets? What are your thoughts on this year's Quidditch World Cup?

Please feel free to share any of your ideas!
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:38 am

I sadly didn't know there would be tickets for this event! So I'll probably try and get my two HP loving friends over, and try and have our own Quidditch match.
Smile
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 pm

I wish I was able to go, this would be so fraggin' amazing. But, sadly I didn't even know about it till about two days ago. So, on August 22... well, I honestly don't know what I'll be doing. Maybe I'll try to have a Quidditch game of my own. Only problem, of course, is that I only know one other person who likes HP enough to geek out like that with me. The other two apparently aren't as into it as I thought. -_-
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:06 pm

I have planned to have my two friends over, who love HP, but aren't quite obsessed as I am. My friend, who is a extremely good cook, is making a Snitch cake, and we're gunna try to play a game of Qudditch in my backyard.
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Lucky. :[ I wish I had more HP friends to play Quidditch with. Cause its the only sport I understand. xD Go figure, right? Sigh.

Maybe I'll do a big HP party or something and watch all the Quidditch scenes from the movies.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm

I'll probably just do what I usually do- go on Average Wizard, listen to a Harry Potter book on audio, maybe write some more in my Harry Potter quotes book, sing AVPM/AVPS songs, and tell all my friends random Potter facts. Yeah, my friends aren't magical at all. ):
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 pm

That's okay, none of my close friends are magical though. I do have ONE friend who likes HP, but says my obsession is over the top. But then she turns around and says we both love AVPM/S the same because we both know all of the words. As if. If it wasn't for me, she would've never heard of it. Smile

And I'll probably sit home in my room listening to AVPM/S and watch them, read the books, and do anything HP related that comes to mind. Although, if I can get tickets to the World Cup, I'd love to go. I just don't know anyone with connections. And it's too late to buy them anyway, without having to pay three arms and five legs, and maybe a few hundred galleons.
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:35 pm

And galleons are tight for all, these days. -_-

It'd be great if there was live coverage of it somewhere, yunno? Like on Youtube or something (though I guess then it wouldn't exactly be live, huh?)
Back to top Go down
keeperofhippogriffs

keeperofhippogriffs

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Well, sometimes celebs have those live chat thingies. If only someone would do that for the World Cup...

*sigh* I guess I just have to make everything that day HP related in celebration (and drink tons of butterbeer Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 436th Quidditch World Cup   436th Quidditch World Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

436th Quidditch World Cup
Page 1 of 1