Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pottermore

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm sure most, if not all of us, have heard about JK Rowling's announcement regarding her announcement. It'll be officially released tomorrow (7AM EST).... Does any one have any ideas of what it could be? We were discussing it somewhere else, right? Anyway, here's just a more "official discussion".

Book? Encyclopedia? Something for the Internet?I'll sit here contemplating it while I continue to eat this sleeve of Town House crackers.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Well... Pottermore's been released.. Technically not until October- but now we know what it is! Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Well, I hadn't really been paying much attention to Pottermore until a few days ago. I think it's going to be amazing. After all, J. K. Rowling is involved! I just wish it would accept my email... darn server troubles and overcapacity. XD
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am

Somehow I managed to get my e-mail accepted within the first hour... don't know how it worked. But I'm actually kind of nervous.... I saw a video of a journalist being sorted, and from what I saw, it's not all that clear what house the answers correspond to, so cheating's kind of out of the way. I already decided that I was a Ravenclaw... and I'd probably be devastated if I didn't get it... especially since I have a uniform and Rowling's the boss. O.O I'd probably come to terms with it though... eventually. Or maybe keep deleting and making new accounts till I get the house I want.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm

I got my email accepted yesterday afternoon, so that finally worked Very Happy Haha.
I'm dreading being sorted. I don't even have a house that I prefer over all the others, I like all the qualities of each, so I think it'll be awesome being sorted and finally having some closure, but sort of strange not being able to jump around like I do all too often (I switch between Slytherin and Hufflepuff mostly, but sometimes I feel like a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw if the time is right XD). I don't go by all the other quizzes I've taken, but J.K. Rowling is the only one who knows her stuff anyway XD.
What I find interesting is that there's already been an online Hogwarts created, but it's by fans so it's really not legitimate. This, however, will be the ultimate HP experience, because it's got all the officials backing it up, including our Queen Rowling XD.

I was discussing with my sister about whether she thinks the Sorting Hat quiz will be anything like the one on the Warner Bros. website before the third movie came out. The website has changed so much since then (because about seven years have passed since I paid much attention to that site) but there used to be a Sorting Hat quiz, and it was pretty obvious which question corresponded with which house. So according to what you said, I guess it won't be ANYTHING like that quiz was XD. Then again, that quiz was aimed at little children (I always felt that way, anyway, lol).
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 am

Some of the questions on the quiz are like "Heads or Tails?" and something about preferring a river over a forest.... I don't know, but there's like a plethora of questions so you'll probably not get the same ones as your friend or something. (I do say something a lot) I may face an identity crisis, but hey, what JK says is the truth. >.<

I've seen that online Hogwarts- I think there's a few websites like this actually and I had always decided not to join because it was just going to waste my time and didn't look that great. But this is Pottermore and it's official and it's created by JK Rowling, so of course I have to join this!
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Taking personality quizzes usually give me a spaz attack anyway. "I WANNA ANSWER HONESTLY BUT I DUNNO HOW TO ANSWER THIS BECAUSE I ALTERNATE BETWEEN THE OPTIONS BECAUSE I TOTALLY HAVE MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES OMGOMGOMG." So. Yeah. Personality questions freak me out. XD
Am I the only one that has that problem? Like, taking a personality quiz and going "Um... I don't really know how I'd react in that situation. Depends on my mood." or "Hmm I dunno which one I'd choose out of those options!" I'm not even exaggerating, I can flip from emo to perky in a matter of hours XD The Sorting Hat would probably kill me if he had to evaluate my personality XD

I know what you mean, most fan-made sites are pretty questionable. And of course, the entire Harry Potter fanbase wants to be involved in everything that J.K. Rowling is involved in XD
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Haha, yeah. I've taken some of the sorting hat quizzes online, and some of them are "What would you do if u and ur friends are being cornered by a werewolf?????" Number one, I would spell out words. Number 2, I have no idea, because last I checked I've never been in this situation and therefore have no idea how I would react. And sometimes there's no answer I'd choose. And then there's some that are "What's your favorite color?" A) red B) Yellow C) blue D) green. Oh, I don't see how that correlates to a house VERY obviously at all! But then I'll occasionally come across a quiz that's very well put together.

But I really like how in the HP fanbase that a small amount of people is the equivalent of a million.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 pm

I hate it when it's so obvious which answer connects with which house.

Haha, I agree! HP is just that incredible, I suppose Smile
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Yeah... I end up not even taking those. Apparently there's going to be a sneak preview or something tomorrow about Pottermore which will hopefully answer some more questions about it.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:59 pm

It didn't answer much for me :/
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 am

All I saw was one screenshot? >.< I was at least expecting three. Ah well. We know how secretive she loves to be. I'm sure it'll be great though, even if it is confusing us a little now.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 pm

I know what you mean XD. I sort of like the anticipation, the excitement. I was afraid we wouldn't get any more of that after HPDHp2 (that's how I've been abbreviating the last movie XD) came out.

As of right now, I'm mostly excited for what we already know is coming: the sorting and the wand-choosing. Everyone I know has chosen a house. Even my friend who has never read the books or seen the movies says "I'm a Hufflepuff because the name is funny!" Which, unfortunately, made me NOT want to be a Hufflepuff just because I wanted to avoid further conversation with her. Ah, well, I'm sure she's forgotten all about that conversation anyway. And I love Hufflepuff.
I gotta stop letting stupid people get in my way of pursuing my own happiness.

BUT. I digress.
Back to topic:
I have a question! What do you think they mean by "online reading experience"? In other words, is it going to be reading at all, or played out for us in an interactive sort of thing? Or both? Will it be like a video game? Or a click-the-right-symbol-to-find-out-what-happens-next type of thing? Those are the questions I'm most anxious about.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:59 am

I honestly have no idea what to expect, really. It's very unclear.

I've always been a bit biased against Hufflepuff, which I think was just a personal thing since at a time in my life (a few years ago) there was no question what house I would be in: Hufflepuff. Not that I didn't like Hufflepuff or anything, it was just how everyone saw me and I there was much more to myself than my Hufflepuff tendencies (which, of course, are not bad in the slightest). So yeah, it was mainly me refusing to succumb to my little shell. Anyway.

What do you think your username will be? It's such a huge decision! I might just use this..... but then again....
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh, geez, the dreaded username question. Well, knowing the HP fanbase, most good usernames without numbers will be taken in a matter of minutes XD
I think the biggest faux pas that I could make with a username would be to put the name of a Hogwarts house in my username, only because I honestly have no idea where I'll be sorted. I guess I'd better start planning out my username idea now, cause that's a huge decision XD
If it means anything, I like your username on here Smile I like pretty much all of the usernames that you have on the websites that we follow each other on (and I know that sounds a little creepy in that context... but still XD)
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Haha, thanks. That made me happy. Smile I like your usernames too, in a very-uncreepy-I-follow-you-around-the-internet way. I think the one you're using now would be fine. If, of course, someone doesn't take it. But you'll probably have a good chance at stealing it for yourself, since, of course, it is yours. Smile

Or you could go for random numbers. (That was a joke, I promise) I'm very glad I'll be joining when it starts though- because anyone later even in a few months after it opens will have a harder time creating a username.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm glad I made you happy! Haha your comment made me happy too XD I like my current username on here, although I'll probably have something to do with one of my favorite characters (Regulus Black, Barty Crouch Jr., Stan Shunpike, Fred +George Weasley, etc.).

I hope they give us an exact date and time for the fully public release of Pottermore, just so that I can know when I'll have to stay up for an entire night camping out next to my family computer XD
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 am

One of the stories on AW said that Pottermore was coming out October 31, it makes sense and all, but I haven't heard that before. It's not even on the website lsat I checked. Huh.

I think my favorite character is probably Hermione--yes, a bit mainstream-- but I have my reasons. And of course, Tonks and Luna. And Snape and Draco and Lupin and etc. Very Happy There's so many wonderful characters in the series, it's almost impossible to choose just one. They're all so different and incredibly developed. I was watching a little of the NY premiere yesterday (it paled in comparison to the London premiere), but one of the writers/producers/someone (one of them! I just forget who) said that he e-mailed J.K. Rowling about Ron's uncle (maybe the one who saw the grim?) and she gave him a four page bio in return.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:41 am

Really? Well, I guess October 31st would make a lot of sense, as you said XD I guess we'll have to wait until July 31st to find out anything more (and I bet even THAT won't give away much...)

Nothing wrong with liking a mainstream character! We're not hipsters here XD. Hermione is a very lovable character, I totally see where you're coming from. Fred + George were my favorites until I started re-reading the series in sixth (I wrote that as "sith" by accident at first... COME TO THE DARK SIDE) grade, and I came up to the part with Stan, and he just made me smile and I fell in love all over again XD so he made it onto my favorite characters list, even though when I talk about him to my friends that have actually read HP they're like "WHOA but it was his fault that they found Harry BLAH BLAH BLAH. If it wasn't for him Hedwig and Moody would be alive BLAH BLAH BLAH". And then Regulus is self-explanitory, I love any character that seeks redemption or forgiveness or anything like that. Barty Crouch Jr..... I'm not actually sure why I like him. Bahaha. I also like Cedric; he's the only Hufflepuff I can think of that makes Hufflepuff worthwhile (other than Tonks. All the other Hufflepuffs acted like they should have been in Slytherin. Well, not ALL the others, but a lot. I couldn't stand Justin Finch-Fletchley or that Ernie MacMillan kid or whatever his name was). I think I like most characters except Umbridge and the ones that nobody remembers XD.

(Long post is long? Oopsies XD)
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm not much of a Sith Lord.... buuut... I may make an exception. (Although, my friend went through this Star Wars phase a little while ago (year or two?)--read probably about 40 books--and dubbed me Darth Maul. Don't know how I should take that, honestly.)

Even Umbridge can be lovable in that love-to-hate way. (And yes, Joe Walker made me love her a little more since sometimes when I hear her mentioned I just think of him in that pink dress and wig). I think that's what's so great about the series: There's so much astounding detail and all of it is thought out and developed. Even the little characters are at least somewhat developed.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Bwahahaha I know so many people going through the Star Wars phase. My piano teacher is, actually. It's pretty funny when he goes into Star Wars mode in the middle of the lesson. And by Star Wars mode I mean he'll tell me to use the force. Razz

I agree, haha, and yes, Joe Walker <3
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Star Wars phases are always good. Sounds like you have a pretty cool piano teacher. Smile
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Yes, a cool piano teacher indeed. He's not that into Harry Potter, though, so that's a major character flaw XDD. Just kidding, of course.

The premiere is just a day away. *hyperventilates* But then there's Pottermore! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:39 am

It's tonight! I.Am.So.Excited!!! I've been doing Harry Potter crafts all week and making my friend part of her birthday present (A VERY condensed version of Sorcerer's Stone with her in it. There's also illustrations. Very Happy). I completely forgot to get the ingredients for butterbeer when we were out yesterday, though. Bad Dobby! Maybe I can figure something out...... So far I have 4 or 5 different trips to see it. Once tonight, then with my friend when she gets back from Washington, again with my other friend when she gets back from her People to People trip, once with my aunt, and again with my brother and dad. We might just end up going once with my two friends, but still. My mom is kind of against all these trips to the theater. I don't blame her.

And yes, Pottermore. That's going to be great. Hopefully on July 31 we'll understand it more, with the million being admitted early.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Haha, at this moment I'm still trying to convince my mom that I won't be the only teenage girl seeing it at midnight. I live in a kind of skeevy area and she's convinced that it'll be like a pedophile convention there tonight -_____- I don't blame her, my local theater has a pretty bad reputation. But whatever. And please excuse the unpleasant topic of conversation I've got going here, but... yeah. I think my mom will end up seeing it with me XD I only have two tickets (one for me and one for my sis) but maybe they'll sell them at the door. I dunno.
AHHH BUTTERBEER. I should have made butterbeer. Well, there's still time! And I've got butterscotch topping just begging to be used... ahahaha. XD I've got 3 different trips to see it so far, one tonight at midnight with my sis, one tomorrow with my best friends who I never see anymore and one on Saturday with this boy I know (no, it's not a date, lmao). Sounds like you made some AWESOME crafts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pottermore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore Empty

Back to top Go down

Pottermore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: