Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pottermore

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Pottermore - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:52 pm

So the movie was freaking amazing, right? I went in content with the fact that the movies are the movies and the books are the books. So it was all good. We got there around 10:15, before the huge rush, and really should have gone in right away, but my mom wanted to wait for our friends who were coming later even though later meant 11 and that was really late so I tried explaining it to her that we should just get seats but she really didn't understand.... We did see some people from school and my best friend from kindergarten's mom who didn't recognize us. Then a girl gave us cookies! It was cool, but our theater was terrible. We got bad seats and the guys in front of us (who had to right to be at the midnight premiere) were just cursing off and throwing popcorn at each other and the girls they were with in the row before them. When our friends did come, I was texting her, she said that their theater was really nerdy and they had this countdown and everything. *jealous*

So I'm a little disappointed in the whole experience of the premiere, but whatever. Eh... I'm a little upset. But it was amazing! I probably would have stayed for the entire credits but my mom was in a bad mood (okay, fine, it was 2 in the morning and she didn't want to be there and she doesn't understand what's so great about a midnight premiere and thinks they're pointless and she's not going to let me go to anymore. Yeah right.) I texted my brother (Which is pretty exciting considering the fact that he actually replied this morning since he was at his friend's house) and we're planning on bribing our parents to let us go today. Even though we have absolutely no time.

So the movie was AMAZING! There was a kid dressed as Dobby in our theater! I don't think I have teared up so much in a Harry Potter movie, or any other movie for that matter, even though I knew what was happening. I loved the Luna/Neville thing! That was one thing I wasn't too happy with in the books that didn't happen. The epilogue was great- the music was killing me (also when they stepped out of the passageway into the Room of Requirement. I missed what they were saying while I was concentrating on seeing everyone and listening to the music screaming "DON'T CRY NOW. SAVE IT" in my head. Even though Cho's a year older than Harry. Whatever.) The pensive was AMAZING, as was Snape's death. When he found Lily? I was barely choking back the tears.

Okay, long post. Sorry, but akdsljfaskldjflkasjdfklasjfkaslf I'm so excited!!!!!!! It hasn't exactly hit that it's the end. Maybe it will when I see it again and I won't be delirious.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I loved going to the premiere. I had my costume on, and my homemade light-up wand (I actually got a few compliments on that). I showed up around 11:45, haha, but there were still spaces because I went to a small-town, skeevy theater that nobody likes. I ended up in the very front row, which I actually kind of like sitting in (believe it or not), and I had a lot of fun. I saw one kid that I knew. It was pretty awkward. Let's just say I had a lot more fun the second time I went; I had friends with me and they were all dressed up and we saw a group that was dressed as Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore and Umbridge. And I happened to have lemon drops with me in a Bertie Botts box, and my friends and I tracked down Dumbledore after the movie and gave her some. (Yes, "her". It was a girl dressed as Dumbledore). And the guy dressed as Harry was seriously attractive. Smile

The Snape holding Lily's body thing was heartwrenching. I didn't cry at all, except I teared up quite a bit at Snape and Lily, and my friend dabbed my eyes for me XD And I wasn't really emotionally effected until the second time. It was weird, dude.

Yeah. Sorry if I'm sort of ranty, lol.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 am

Woah! That's cool, a homemade light up wand! How'd you make it light up? I've pretty much mastered making regular wands..... but light up would be so cool! The front rows aren't as bad as I always thought, but I went again last night with my family and we were stuck in the third row because they decided a half an hour before 7:00 (when the movie started) to go to that show, and it takes a half an hour to get to the theater. (We used to have a closer theater but it finally closed down, but I'm not surprised since your feet stuck to the floor, it was VERY expensive, it smelled, the seats were uncomfortable, and they had a habit of overcharging you. And the bathrooms were disgusting, so no one ever went there anyway.) But yeah, sitting in the front is not as bad as it's made out to be.

Haha, attractive guys in Harry Potter costume. Smile

And it is completely fine to be ranty.

When we went last night someone laughed when they saw Fred's body. Someone sneezed really loudly (and quite disgustingly) as Snape was dying and after that someone started laughing very obnoxiously. And in the forest when Bellatrix is with Voldemort, someone's phone went off just as she looked down. My parents are convinced it was a set-up because the timing was just too perfect. And then, of course, someone had to yell out "You're phone's ringing!". My dad was talking the whole time, and when I approached him about it afterwards he said there was no one nearby. Well I was nearby! (Not to mention there were people behind us).

But the midnight premiere was just a great experience. Sunday night, not so much.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:47 am

It's pretty much a paper wand but the handle is paper wrapped around a mini/keychain flashlight XD.

Yikes, sounds like your secondary experience wasn't very good. I'd be ticked off too. And it's funny, your crappy theater that closed down sounds EXACTLY like the best theater in my town. It has an awful reputation but everyone goes there because they don't feel like driving an hour to the only decent theater, which - by the way - is in a neighboring state. So we have to go to an entirely different state for a decent movie, haha. Plus it's three dollars more there. But I went there for the second time I went and it was AWESOME. It's a really good theater. But. Um. Anyway. XD

Yup, gotta love cute boys who like HP. There was also a really attractive Hufflepuff at my midnight premiere, I wanted to hug him really really bad. XD (And yes, I'm creepy where I feel the need to hug random strangers. It was mostly just because of his Hufflepuff scarf and less because he was cute, but whatever XD)

Someone LAUGHED about FRED??? That would really tick me off. And all that noise sounds really irritating, yikes! I'm sorry to hear Sunday night sucked so bad, maybe you could go again and maybe you'll get a more considerate bunch of people?
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm

I'll try making a light up wand! Very Happy

No one ever went to the theater (which was still a little bit out of town. I live in a REALLY small town.) since there were others in other directions not too far. Not an hour away, but between 30 min and 45. My brother said that he went to a movie there once (it was either with my dad or a friend) and the sound wasn't playing for the beginning of the movie. Maybe a decent theater will move in...... But it's all kind of run down now. Grass is really long, there's trash. The parking lot is a mess. >.<

Where do all these boys who like HP and go in costume come from? All the guys I know think I'm weird because I like it so much. One even had the nerve to tell my brother at cross-country that the only thing I talk about is Harry Potter. Such is life.

I'm going again soon with my friend (she got back from vacation late last night), and when our other friend gets home later this week. I don't know if we'll just wait for her and do it once. But either way, I'm excited!

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention what I logged back on for! I found some more information about Pottermore from this Leaky Con thing that was being covered. They'll only have Sorcerer's Stone, and CoS they hope to release sometime in 2012. And you don't get to make your own username, it looks like. You're given 5 and you have to choose one. Something about "child safety being their priority." I hope they know the majority of users will be teenagers who have enough internet experience as to not need a username to be given to them. That's really annoying me. But seriously, how do they expect to come up with that many different usernames? A million are being admitted first. Hopefully I just understood it wrong.........
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:52 pm

It's really awesome to wave around and scream "LUMOS". Even though the light never gets any brighter than the scene when Dumbledore died in HP6, and all the students had their wands in the air glowing faintly. Yeah, it's only ever that bright or weaker. The perfect amount of light to mourn the deaths in HP7! XD

Ugh, icky theaters are... icky. Yeah.

I dunno, most boys that I actually talk to are massive video game nerds. One runs a Yu-Gi-Oh club now, so... yeah. My circle of guyfriends isn't exactly the pick of the crop, if you know what I mean XD. However, out of the few friends that I have, most of them are male and they do like HP. They're just nothing more than friends. And not particularly attractive. But anyway, looks completely aside, most of the cute guys at the theaters I went to were older. Like, between 17 and college aged. But still pretty cute XD But waaaaaay out of the options of a 15 year old, you know what I mean? There were a few that were probably our age, though.

I hope you have an awesome time going with your friend! Maybe you'll make conversation with a cute costumed boy XD

Oh geez, we don't even get to make our own username for Pottermore? What a rip. Oh well, as long as there are no numbers, it's fine by me. But chances are my username will be "Peeves14986735092750q95w70q9t7w" or something like that, bwahahaa. And they only have Sorcerer's Stone so far? Oh, well, fine by me XD
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:26 am

Still, a light up wand is pretty cool.

I'm kind of in the opposite situation. My friends are pretty much all girls and we've been friends since 1st grade. Yeah, things change, people change, groups formed but it's generally stayed the same for my little circle of friends. Not that I'm complaining. And all the guys I know either are annoying (my friend's boyfriend for one who finds it fun to harass people), think I spend my whole day studying and reading (yeah, right.), or etc. whatever. I really don't care at this point anymore.

Yeah, all the guys at the premiere were older at my theater too. I was on the younger side at the premiere.

I know what you mean by the usernames. I don't know what they were thinking with that. One, that they'd be able to come up with a bunch of usernames that aren't only different by the fourth digit in the number or something. Maybe they'll change it. Wishful thinking? Apparently there's like 33,000 wand combinations (designed by Jo herself) and an insane amount of questions for the sorting hat so there will be a different combination for people. It sounds really great though! So far there's something like 68 "moments" for SS in which we get a little more information about the characters or the setting or etc. (Such as how the Vernon and Petunia met and about McGonagall's life).
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 pm

My friend group at school is primarily female, I suppose, but I don't get along with the girls at my school very well in general, and I guess I hang out with them just so I won't be alone. All my friends that have been there my whole life are boys. The guys at my school are annoying but my previous guyfriends are really quite kind (although one of them has lost all logic around the time he hit puberty XD).

The only thing I'm happy with about getting older is having the opportunity to meet more people. Everyone is the same at our age, it seems, and I heard that you get much more variety at college and whatnot.

I'm hoping that instead of a word and a number, they'll have a name randomizer that creates a name for you, one that sounds like a student name. I've seen name generators online, they can make up millions of names if they want.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:51 am

Yeah, not too much variety. I've met some other people (miraculously) this past year though. There were two girls who played softball (The only sport that has try-outs and cuts at my school is bowling.) who are nerdfighters, and me and my three friends were secretly their favorite freshman. And, well, I'm joining marching band this year so that'll be interesting. Surely I'll get to know some of the other people in band now. Maybe have some actual conversations during concert band during lunch instead of sitting staring at the wall, occasionally talking to this one girl.

But yeah, apart from my phobia of growing up, college is going to be a nice change, as I've heard. But that's still a little ways off for now.

On some of the screenshots I've seen the usernames are like "PhoenixTear[number]" and whatnot. So I really don't know what to expect. The name generator isn't a bad idea, either. Hmmm...... anyway, I'm sure it'll be a great no matter what, albeit geared more towards younger kids from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:03 am

Yay for making friends! I haven't really opened up to anyone in the last year, so... yeah. No new friends for me. XD

The usernames aren't AWFUL, I suppose, from the people I've heard from who have gotten in already. Have you tried for early entry yet?

(Sorry for the short post - I don't really feel comfortable on this site anymore with all the spammers we've been getting)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pottermore   Pottermore - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pottermore
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Average Wizard Forum :: All other things Harry Potter or otherwise-
Jump to: