Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)

Go down 
+2
myfriendisdobby
DorkyBookworm
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) Empty
PostSubject: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:30 am

OMG HARRY POTTER OMG HARRY POTTER OMG HARRY POTTER

that is all I will say until some other people watch the movie and I can spaz with them <3

Last edited by DorkyBookworm on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 pm

I have to wait until Saturday afternoon!!! Sad CURSE YOU, SCHOOLWORK!!!! I have to turn in an essay by tonight sgkjbkgcjbsdkj.
AKML. I think I'll just wait until I watch it to log in here next time because I don't want to get spoiled (juuust in case) but I heard it was AMAZING and the best one. I CAN'T WAIT OMG OMG OMG OMG
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:45 pm

I saw it last night at midnight. I loved it so freaking much. It didn't follow the books as much as had hoped, but of course I expected that. I cried. I laughed. I jumped about a foot in the air and spilled my Dr. Pepper all over my school robes.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm seeing it tonight with my sister and her friend, and then tomorrow again with my five favorite people in the world! Once I watch it tonight I'll come back and tell you guys my reaction! I SQUEE for George in the ads when he interrupts Ginny and Harry, and I'll probably SQUEE for them in the movie, too. Whenever I look at the picture of Voldie's Death Eaters chasing Harry and Hagrid, I'm like "ONE OF THOSE DEATH EATERS SHOULD BE STAN SHUNPIKE!" because I am a Stan Fan xD. I tried writing a Wrock song about him (I consider him a very unappreciated character!) and it ended up sounding very childish and I didn't like it. But anyway, sorry for my ranting. I'll return later tonight - I'm sure you guys will love the description of my reactions. I'm currently wearing one of my three Hogwarts shirts. I think I'll wear it under my robe or something because I'm too lazy to go all out. I'll probably go as a Hufflepuff because I need some help FINDING inspiration. FIND! I just realized that if Marlin was a Hufflepuff he'd have been able to FIND Nemo a lot easier. xD
I'm so sorry for my ranting! AHHHH please don't be mad! I'm leaving now, I promise! I won't come back until later, so I'll be out of your hair for a while!

I'm really gonna go now!

I'm leaving!

Off to watch the movie!

...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

.................................Kay, bye.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:49 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
I saw it last night at midnight. I loved it so freaking much. It didn't follow the books as much as had hoped, but of course I expected that. I cried. I laughed. I jumped about a foot in the air and spilled my Dr. Pepper all over my school robes.

Okay, I wanted to start talking specifics, so I changed the title of the forum, so SPOILERS STARTING HERE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol, I'm guessing you jumped at Nagini? I knew it was coming, and I tried so hard not to jump, but I still jumped a little bit!!! I hate it when that happens >.<

And yea, it didn't follow the books as much as I would have liked, like Hedwig, the mirror, the portrait, his random flashes into voldie's mind were at the wrong time, making expelliarmus his signature spell, his birthday/the wedding, and of course the ministry. But I think it was still good, I would have preferred it to be exactly like the book, but obviously they can't do that, but I think for MOST of it they made worked pretty well.

OMG, especially the part about the deathly hallows story, that was SO AMAZING <3 I was sitting there in awe.
And Dobby was so perfect!!! The only part I didn't really like was that he was unscrewing the chandelier, I mean he's an elf, he can use magic. But I saw that in previews so I knew that was going to happen.

But yea... I definitely think it was the best of all of them, at least they stayed true to the book except for relatively small details *cough* goblet-of-fire/half-blood-prince *cough*

okay i'll stop now >.> XD
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:48 pm

DorkyBookworm wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:

Okay, I wanted to start talking specifics, so I changed the title of the forum, so SPOILERS STARTING HERE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol, I'm guessing you jumped at Nagini? I knew it was coming, and I tried so hard not to jump, but I still jumped a little bit!!! I hate it when that happens >.<

And yea, it didn't follow the books as much as I would have liked, like Hedwig, the mirror, the portrait, his random flashes into voldie's mind were at the wrong time, making expelliarmus his signature spell, his birthday/the wedding, and of course the ministry. But I think it was still good, I would have preferred it to be exactly like the book, but obviously they can't do that, but I think for MOST of it they made worked pretty well.

OMG, especially the part about the deathly hallows story, that was SO AMAZING <3 I was sitting there in awe.
And Dobby was so perfect!!! The only part I didn't really like was that he was unscrewing the chandelier, I mean he's an elf, he can use magic. But I saw that in previews so I knew that was going to happen.

But yea... I definitely think it was the best of all of them, at least they stayed true to the book except for relatively small details *cough* goblet-of-fire/half-blood-prince *cough*

Yeah, yeah, Nagini scene. I was like, "Okay, Maya, okay, calm down, you know the snake's going to like, erupt out of the floor, just wait, just wait... AAAHH LSDFKGHJSDFKGHSDFJK."

There was a lot of stuff they skipped, of course, but over all, TOTALLY EPICALLY AMAZINGLY AWESOME. I was kind of bummed about Kreacher's Tale, though. I mean, for the movie, all we get is, "Oh, hey, Regulus has this locket. We don't know how, or why, or what reasons he had to destroy it, but we're going to ask Kreacher and he's going to tell us Dung has it and that's it." And of course Lupin, and the Dumbledore's story.

Did you notice that they changed "Accio?" Not ass-io anymore, but ak-io? I don't really mind either way, but just for continuity sake I think they should have just done one or the other.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:01 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
DorkyBookworm wrote:
readergirl1028 wrote:

Yeah, yeah, Nagini scene. I was like, "Okay, Maya, okay, calm down, you know the snake's going to like, erupt out of the floor, just wait, just wait... AAAHH LSDFKGHJSDFKGHSDFJK."

There was a lot of stuff they skipped, of course, but over all, TOTALLY EPICALLY AMAZINGLY AWESOME. I was kind of bummed about Kreacher's Tale, though. I mean, for the movie, all we get is, "Oh, hey, Regulus has this locket. We don't know how, or why, or what reasons he had to destroy it, but we're going to ask Kreacher and he's going to tell us Dung has it and that's it." And of course Lupin, and the Dumbledore's story.

Did you notice that they changed "Accio?" Not ass-io anymore, but ak-io? I don't really mind either way, but just for continuity sake I think they should have just done one or the other.

Yea, the fact that they skipped Regulus' story annoyed me. Like for the people who read the books, they will understand and know the back story, but to anyone who hasn't read the books they'll just be like "what? regulus has a locket? mkayyyy...." And they didn't show how Kreacher changed at all and became nice :'( And omg Lupin and the Dumbledore's story <3 Why didn't they do that?!?!

And I thought they always said ak-io? I just checked on youtube in GoF to make sure and he says ak-io firebolt. I thought the only time anyone says ass-io was in AVPM?
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 pm

That movie was amazing. They should have put some stuff in rather than add other, such as the Harry/Hermione dance. If they hadn't drawn it out it would have been better. But I think they were all absolutely perfect in this movie. Hermione stood out the most, by far. AAAAAH IT WAS JUST SO FREAKING AMAZING! I absolutely loved when Bellatrix carved Mudblood into Hermione's arm, in a twisted sort of way. Oh my god that was amazing. But it was so perfect. And they did cut out Lupin, and Lupin/Tonks again, but I can deal with it. Far better than HBP.

So all in all, I am very happy with this movie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 pm

When I read it in the books, I thought it was pronounced AH-see-oh. Then I started to say "AH-key-oh" because I have trouble saying the "S" sound xD. In GoF they did say "ah-key-oh", and when I'd say it aloud I'd say "ah-key-oh,", but whenever I read it my mind said "ah-see-oh." I don't know, it's confusing.
But anyway, I JUST SAW IT! I ran into a lot of people that I knew and didn't necessarily want to run into. A few kids haven't talked to since fifth grade, a few I saw earlier today, and everything in between. But that's irrelevant. I experienced a number of different emotions during the film. I jumped, and I laughed, and I was very sad at Dobby's death. I was mostly disappointed by the lack of Harry's signature "expelliarmus" (just because I wanted to be able to say that the Death Eater was supposed to be Stan xD), and the lack of Kreacher's tale. The other stuff didn't really bother me as much, for some reason. Mostly because for a second, in the middle of the movie, I was back in time. I was a second grader again, seeing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the first time, jumping and staring in awe, with my best friend next to me. And then suddenly, I was all grown up, in the same way Harry was. I truly grew up with Harry Potter in my mind and heart, and this movie was a huge reminder of how much I owe it. I loved the movie. Loved, loved, loved it. Actually, there is one more thing that sort of got on my nerves. Dobby's voice. Lots of people didn't notice the difference, but I did. It's really my own fault that I can't live with the actor change, but I think the minute details bother me more than the big ones.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:37 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
I absolutely loved when Bellatrix carved Mudblood into Hermione's arm, in a twisted sort of way. Oh my god that was amazing. But it was so perfect.

Oh I know! I was kind of mad that they didn't really do crucio, because I think that would hurt more (obviously) but the Mudblood thing is WAY more in your face, like people can imagine getting letters carved into their arms, but maybe not a spell. But I don't think that warranted the level of screaming Hermione was doing-- unless like the knife was cursed or something. I would have preferred like a mixture of both crucio and the mudblood thing. But maybe I'm just being nit-picky.

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Mostly because for a second, in the middle of the movie, I was back in time. I was a second grader again, seeing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the first time, jumping and staring in awe, with my best friend next to me. And then suddenly, I was all grown up, in the same way Harry was. I truly grew up with Harry Potter in my mind and heart, and this movie was a huge reminder of how much I owe it.

OMR, I love that you just said that. <3

and as for the Dobby's voice thing, wasn't Dobby played by Toby Jones in both Chamber of Secrets and Deathly Hallows? (I just IMDB'd it cause I wasn't sure...)
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Dorkybookworm - Regarding: Dobby. I wouldn't know if it was the same guy or not. Whoopsies. Don't I feel foolish *blushes*. It just sounded SO different and so wrong to me, as though the actor had guest starred on Spongebob or something of the sort xD. Either way, I didn't like it. I mean, the voice suited Dobby, it just... I don't know how to describe it. The way he said certain words just seemed so wrong that it got into my brain and lingered there. xD
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:50 am

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Dorkybookworm - Regarding: Dobby. I wouldn't know if it was the same guy or not. Whoopsies. Don't I feel foolish *blushes*. It just sounded SO different and so wrong to me, as though the actor had guest starred on Spongebob or something of the sort xD. Either way, I didn't like it. I mean, the voice suited Dobby, it just... I don't know how to describe it. The way he said certain words just seemed so wrong that it got into my brain and lingered there. xD

lol, don't worry, I totally thought it was a different person too. That's why I went to check because I wanted to see if they said a specific reason for why it was a different person, then I saw it was the same actor, and I got confused, because Dobby definitely sounded different...
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Ah, okay, I get it. I'm seeing it again tonight! Eep! With friends. And then we're having an HP party afterwards. It's gonna be amazing. Like quidditch in the streets sort of amazing. xD I'll be sure to share all of their reactions (and I'll need to bring boxes of tissues for a few of them!)
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Going again in a couple hours. Again, in costume. But this time I'm going with a bunch of people who aren't Potter fans. Shame.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:48 pm

I JUST WATCHED IT OMG I AM IN AWE OMG SJGBJXCBGJKBKXCJFBGLJKXCBHJVXBKVXHJBXHJBVHJXCBKJVVHC

Okay. Now that I got that out of the way.

Right from the beginning, I started crying! Well, I didn't really CRY but I held it in. My eyes were watery though. Right when the WB logo showed up, I was all WAHHHHHHHHH IT'S OFFICIALLY THE BEGINNING OF THE END. And Hermione and her parents, omgosh. Sad I really wanted Dudley to say "I don't think you're a waste of space" but they left it out. But right from the beginning, it was amazing. Beginning to end. I totally jumped with Nagini too. I KNEW it was coming and I still jumped. Imagine if that was in 3D, I would fall out of my chair haha. The Tale of the Three Brothers scene was AMAZING. I could not take the Bellatrix/Hermione scene. I wanted to help Hermione so bad! Sad And how she was just lying on the floor with tears in her eye! >.< Helena played her SO WELL though. They all did amazing.

My heart melted every time there was a Ron/Hermione scene! Smile <3

Rupert was SO GOOD in this movie. SO GOOD. JUST WOW. WOW.

AND GEORGE WITH THE PEN IN HIS EAR HAHAHAHA. And Neville, "Hey loser, he's not here."Scabior was kinda hot... just saying. xD

Okay, I'm going all over the place so I'm just gonna keep blabbing, okay? XD Okay well when Ron came back and Hermione threw leaves at him! I couldn't stop smiling when he came back. The doe and lake scene was perfect. I just wished we could have seen a liiiiittle bit of Snape poking through the tree or something. The locket scene was amazing. Hmmm have I missed anything? I'm avoiding saying anything about Dobby because that was the worst thing ever. Sad His last line. Omg:( "Such a beautiful place. Such a beautiful place to be with friends. Friends, Harry Potter." JUST BREAK MY HEART PLEASE. He was so cute and his socks and just awwww! Smile I thought the chandelier scene was cute though when he was unscrewing it.

And yes, the Voldemort scenes were all at the wrong time, when Harry would see what he was doing. The ending though, I knew it would end there but GIVE ME PART TWO RIGHT NOW! Actually, don't. Because I'm not ready for it to be over.

There was this one ***hole who would not stop laughing. Obviously he didn't read the books because he laughed at all the wrong parts. He laughed during the Ron/Harry fight (which broke my heart:() and then the locket scene when Harry and Hermione were kissing (which was pretty intense), he started laughing. DUDE, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND. THIS SCENE ISN'T FUNNY, LOOK AT MY POOR RON AND WHAT HE'S GOING THROUGH SO STFU AND STOP LAUGHING.

I'm going again next week, I can't wait!!!

Have I said enough?
XD

I just want to sit and think about the movie and take it all in and remember the scenes forever and ever because it was that good. Best Harry Potter movie ever. I'm really glad that it actually lives up to the book this time (even though there were things here and there left out). But I'm happy with it.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:42 am

myfriendisdobby wrote:

There was this one ***hole who would not stop laughing. Obviously he didn't read the books because he laughed at all the wrong parts. He laughed during the Ron/Harry fight (which broke my heart:() and then the locket scene when Harry and Hermione were kissing (which was pretty intense), he started laughing. DUDE, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND. THIS SCENE ISN'T FUNNY, LOOK AT MY POOR RON AND WHAT HE'S GOING THROUGH SO STFU AND STOP LAUGHING.

oh gosh, I feel like you're going to hate me, because I was laughing at random points too. I mean I didn't laugh during the Harry/Ron fight because I felt like they actually did that part really well. But during the locket scene the entire audience of the theater I was in was like "woahhhhhh hello! Whaaaat?" So I was cracking up mostly at their reactions.

But okay, I feel like a horrible human being for saying this, so please don't attack me through the computer *hides* but I actually started cracking up at Dobby's death. I KNOW I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON >.< "Bad dorky! Very bad dorky! *rams head into desk*" idk why, because that was one of the 2 scenes in the last book that actually brought tears to my eyes (I have issues with crying, so I rarely ever cry, so for me tears in my eyes is the equivalent of a normal person bawling) but I think I just have a thing with movie deaths, I can't take them seriously. I think part of the reason I was cracking up was because of Dan's face and him crying, but idk, I think I just have issues >.< I'M SORRY (if it makes anyone feel any better I laugh at Gandalf's death too, even though I absolutely love him! I just have issues with movie deaths....... that probably didn't help my case at all did it?)

okay, well in attempts to take some of the focus off of me being a terrible human being, I'm gonna talk about Neville! OMG I LOVE HIM <3 I loved that line on the train too!!!! He made my day Very Happy (yes, I am a complete Neville fan XD )

and yea, I thought Scabior was kinda hot too, no worries Smile

but is it just me, or does anyone else keep remembering more and more things they left out?!?! It's annoying me so much, because I really thought this was probably the best of all of the movies so far, but now I keep wishing they had kept in some of the stuff they left out -- don't get me wrong, I still love it and it's still probably the best in my opinion, but I just wish they had kept some more stuff.... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:50 am

Just came back from watching it again. Nevermind, I lied. I came back several hours ago. But this is my first chance to post. Everyone else is sleeping, except for my two bestest (OBNOXIOUS WORD!) friends who are reading along with what I'm typing xD. Oh my gosh, my entire group of friends wept at Dobby. WEPT, I say! Oh my gosh, it was just so good even the second time. And I don't know, I didn't find Scabior particularly attractive. I mean, he wasn't ugly or anything, I just wasn't attracted to him xD. We all dressed up. I didn't have a tie, so I just wore a green tee-shirt under a half buttoned white collared shirt. My friend went as Draco Malfoy. I called myself Pansy Parkinson and flirted with "Draco" the remainder of the night. I need a better costume. Like, ASAP. I have everything I need, I just lack a tie. Grr! Oh well. Sorry for my ranting! I hope it hasn't driven you insane yet, after all these rants I've put you guys through the past few days. But all in all, I'll gladly see DH p1 every day for the remainder of the week, if I can. Each time wearing an outfit, challenging random people to wizarding duels before the movie starts. Maybe even walking around K-Mart in my outfit for crying out loud. Very Happy

[EDIT: I was re-reading my post and I forgot to mention that my friends slept over last night after seeing HP7. So the first few sentences probably sounded a little weird xD sorry!]
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 pm

@Dorky: :O You laughed at Dobby?! Sad But I won't attack you. xD Movie are different from books. It's weird also because I didn't really cry during that part. But I think it could also be because I knew it was coming and I was DREADING it so I didn't really take it in. Like, I kept telling myself not to cry and I wasn't really listening to what they were saying because I didn't want Dobby to die and I didn't want to see it happening so it didn't affect me as much. I have a feeling that the second time I go to watch it, it will get to me. I'm going on Thursday with a friend who hasn't read the books at all so I'm ready for all the questions she's going to ask me, haha.

But I keep thinking of the things they left out too! I really really wish they kept the line where Harry tells Ron that Hermione's always been like a sister to him (something like that, I don't remember the exact line) and when Ron says that Dumbledore must have known he would walk out on them but Harry says no, he knew that Ron would come back. I love that line so much and they didn't include it! /: But still, overall, I loved it.

@MyMischief: Haha, I like your rants. xD I wish I could see DH every day! I don't have enough people to go with since I don't know many people who have read the books. And the people who watch the movies only, I wouldn't consider them friends, more like classmates. And on top of them, schoolwork and money but I am going on Thursday so I can't wait to watch it again! I NEED IT ON DVD NOW!

But the movie made $330.1 million worldwide!!! WOW!

Oh and someone pointed out that they actually show Bellatrix's hair falling and it doesn't seem that important until you realize that that's the hair Hermione will use in Part 2 to break into Gringotts! :O I really like how they went with the details. I mean, even in Grimmauld Place, Ron and Hermione's hands are so close to each other like how in the book Harry thought they fell asleep holding hands.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Oh yeah! I just remembered. Okay so I would have liked it if they included some of the things they left out but I'm fine with it because the movie was so good that it made up for what they left out. EXCEPT for Lily's letter. I WILL NOT GET OVER THAT. I wanted Harry to see her letter so bad and then we find out that Snape is the one who took the letter and cries. That part in the book meant so much to me, I really wish they had included it! D:< Oh and also how they didn't even share the whole Dumbledore story with Rita's book. That makes me mad too.!

Those two things I will never forget.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:54 pm

myfriendisdobby wrote:
Oh yeah! I just remembered. Okay so I would have liked it if they included some of the things they left out but I'm fine with it because the movie was so good that it made up for what they left out. EXCEPT for Lily's letter. I WILL NOT GET OVER THAT. I wanted Harry to see her letter so bad and then we find out that Snape is the one who took the letter and cries. That part in the book meant so much to me, I really wish they had included it! D:< Oh and also how they didn't even share the whole Dumbledore story with Rita's book. That makes me mad too.!

Those are the two things that annoy me the most as well. I really don't understand why they cut at least the letter, yet they put in the pointless Harry/Hermione dance. Yes, it was sweet, but for those in the audience who never read the books, it would seem really Harry/Hermione. And not Ron/Hermione which is what the book shows. My mom said maybe they did it on purpose, to make it more of a surprise w/ the Ron/Hermione kiss, or at least have Hermione's feelings not as clear, but I don't know......
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
myfriendisdobby wrote:

Those are the two things that annoy me the most as well. I really don't understand why they cut at least the letter, yet they put in the pointless Harry/Hermione dance. Yes, it was sweet, but for those in the audience who never read the books, it would seem really Harry/Hermione. And not Ron/Hermione which is what the book shows. My mom said maybe they did it on purpose, to make it more of a surprise w/ the Ron/Hermione kiss, or at least have Hermione's feelings not as clear, but I don't know......

agreed! I got so mad when I realized they didn't include Lily's letter! Why couldn't they take out the harry/hermione dance and include the super cute letter?

But yea, during the dance and several other parts, I just leaned over to my friend and whispered "yea, you know all those 'anvil-sized hints' JKR was talking about? I think they just threw them all out the window." The movie definitely made it seem as though harry and hermione were going to get together.

on a completely different note: I was in class today and this middle-aged guy who sits in front of me told me that he saw the movie over the weekend, and I asked him what he thought, and he told me he fell asleep in it!!! I am scandalized! I really thought this was the best of all the movies, even with all the things they missed out!
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:33 pm

OMR THAT'S RIGHT! How did I forget the Lilly letter? Gosh, that was such a good part in the book. I wish they kept it! Let me say right now that if they cut out even one line from Snape's Memory in part two I'm gonna scream. Just thought I'd let you all know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 am

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
OMR THAT'S RIGHT! How did I forget the Lilly letter? Gosh, that was such a good part in the book. I wish they kept it! Let me say right now that if they cut out even one line from Snape's Memory in part two I'm gonna scream. Just thought I'd let you all know. Very Happy

lol don't worry, I'll either be screaming or attempting to keep my friend from attacking the screen..... or attacking it with her XP I love that scene! If they ruin it even a little I will be so pissed!!!! OMR if they cut out some parts from their childhood?!?!?! I would cry!!!!!!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 3:05 am

DorkyBookworm wrote:
MyMischiefManaged wrote:

lol don't worry, I'll either be screaming or attempting to keep my friend from attacking the screen..... or attacking it with her XP I love that scene! If they ruin it even a little I will be so pissed!!!! OMR if they cut out some parts from their childhood?!?!?! I would cry!!!!!!!! Sad

If they leave out any of "The Prince's Tale", I'm not going to scream. I shall simply invest in a flame-thrower and make my statement by burning "YOU SUCK" on Steve Kloves's lawn. And possibly beating him with my copy of DH.

Also: Check out the Bum Review for DH: Part One: Hermafradorf!
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:45 am

tenderlumpling wrote:

Also: Check out the Bum Review for DH: Part One: Hermafradorf!

LMAO!!! That was great. My favorite is Hermaphrodorf/Hermafradorf (yea idk how to spell it.... Neutral ), and ofc the naked making out scene ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)   Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting) Empty

Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows and watching the movie (okay spoilers starting)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next