Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harry Potter Tumblrs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Harry Potter Tumblrs Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter Tumblrs   Harry Potter Tumblrs EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:03 pm

I don't know if this is going against the rules. >_< If it is, feel free to remove it! Smile But on Tumblr.com, there are A LOT of Harry Potter blogs and it's really interesting! I just recently made one and I love it. It's always filled with HP pictures, quotes, HP challenge questions, quotes, etc. Apart from this forum, AW and Mugglenet, it's my new Potter website addiction. I also love it because I know that I'm not the only one who's obsessed with HP and stays on the computer for hours to look up HP related things. XD Have you seen any HP themed Tumblrs or pictures that stood out? There's this one blog that's going around that really stood out to me that says:

"Every generation has something that defines that generation. In my opinion, ours is books. Not just any books, but books that introduced us into a world where cars can fly, snakes can talk and staircases move. Years ago we were introduced to a little boy who lived under the stairs and through seven books we grew up with him. Through seven books filled with love, friendship, loyalty and bravery. Filled with heartbreak, loss and death. We became attached to these characters, celebrated with them when they triumphed and disparaged when they failed. We grieved when our favourites died. To me, they were so much more then books. In this age of television and video games and computers, these books encouraged thousands of people, children and adults alike, to turn off the television and shut down the computer and pick up a book. To me, that’s some of the greatest magic ever. So, even though all of the books have come out and soon there shall be no more movies, Harry Potter will always live on in my heart. And that’s the magic of books, no matter how long its been, we can always go back."

Last edited by myfriendisdobby on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Tumblrs   Harry Potter Tumblrs EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:04 am

There are a lot of Potter blogs on blogspot.com, too- I personally don't do Twitter, but I do do blogspot, and although my blog is nowhere near exclusively Harry Potter stuff, I nearly always throw in a reference that the discerning fan can make out. I liked yours, a lot. Nice pictures, nice quotes, just generally totally awesome. And I also enjoy saying Poufsouffle - am I correct in thinking that that's Hufflepuff in French?
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Tumblrs   Harry Potter Tumblrs EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:52 pm

myfriendisdobby wrote:
I don't know if this is going against the rules. ......etc

Hey admin here:

Don't worry this isn't against the rules, you're just sharing the love of Harry Potter tumblrs, now if it was saying "today my little sister showed me some HP tumblrs, I'm so proud of her, MLIM" that would be against the rules, but no worries this is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Tumblrs   Harry Potter Tumblrs EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:02 am

readergirl1028 wrote:
There are a lot of Potter blogs on blogspot.com, too- I personally don't do Twitter, but I do do blogspot, and although my blog is nowhere near exclusively Harry Potter stuff, I nearly always throw in a reference that the discerning fan can make out. I liked yours, a lot. Nice pictures, nice quotes, just generally totally awesome. And I also enjoy saying Poufsouffle - am I correct in thinking that that's Hufflepuff in French?

Thanks! Smile I'm following a lot of HP Tumblrs so it's just amazing, especially when people make their own graphics with Photoshop; they're really neat. It shows how much HP means to people and can bring together people all over the world to share their love for the books (just like AW does:D). And yes, Poufsouffle is Hufflepuff in French. It makes me laugh every time I say it!

And Dorky: Thanks for letting me know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Tumblrs   Harry Potter Tumblrs Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Tumblrs
Page 1 of 1