Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deathly Hallows Split?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

Deathly Hallows Split? Empty
PostSubject: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:26 am

How do you all feel about where they decided to split Deathly Hallows for the movie?
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:03 pm

I think it is actually good!

I thought it would be straight after Malfoy Manor, so right after Dobby dies. Sad or right before Malfoy Manor, when the Snatchers catch them.
But, I like where they have chosen it. Its not too much of a cliffhanger, so you will die of anxiety until next summer, but its still a dramatic Finnish!
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:26 pm

I suppose I'm alright with it. I mean, there's not much I can do about it anyways.... but I'd be both happy and sad about it no matter where they split it.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:27 pm

I think they chose a good spot for the split. It's not too much of a cliffhanger, but it'll definitely be enough to make the crowd come back. I can kind of imagine how it'll end. I hope they make this movie epic. And not the failure of OOTP and HBP.

Though, I don't think we should be too hopeful, I read that when Ron and Hermione destroy the horcrux, there's something about a Voldemort shaped tsunami. Weird.....
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:11 am

I was confused about that part too. I think there gunna show Ron and Hermione going into the Chamber, although, I wish they wouldn't I liked how JK had it in the book -.-
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:30 am

Yea, but I think viewers would understand what was going on more if they showed Ron and Hermione going down there, instead of them just showing up with a bunch of fangs in their hands and expecting people to understand how that is important to destroying the horcruxes.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:07 pm

OMR!!!! Since last year, I've been hearing that it would be split during the Malfoy Manor scene but it wasn't certain. Then, I saw this topic and googled it and it said about chapter 24 so I ran to get my book, opened to chapter 24, and started sobbing because of Dobby!!! :'( But, I do think it's a good place to split it. Plus, in the second part, a lot of it will be focused on the war. I kind of hope they show Dobby's death in the first part and not leave it to where they get Snatched. I kind of want to see Bellatrix throw the sword and have Dobby sacrifice himself. Even though I'll hate it, I'd rather watch it in the first part instead of having to handle it in the second part with him AND Fred and Snape and everyone, altogether. It would be too much to take all at once. With the book, I can put it down and give myself a couple minutes to cry it out and then go back to the book. With the movie, we can't stop playing it in the theater. It'll be too much to take at once, I'll bawl my eyes out. Plus, with people who haven't read the book, they'll remember Dobby and it'll show how important it is. I just hope that it will be good and David Yates will show how important everything is, unlike with Sirius and Dumbledore's death. This time, it better be good. It's the end of the movies, it BETTER be good.

EDIT: I just googled some more and on mugglenet.com, it says "Part 1, by the way, will end at about Chapter 24 of the book, with Voldemort gaining possession of the Elder wand, one of the three Deathly Hallows that allow the bearer to conquer death." I can totally see that happening. That would be a really good ending, actually. So, that's right when chapter 24 ends. I like it! It will make people who didn't read the books want to know what will happen now that Voldemort has the Elder Wand. Oh, gosh, I can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 am

Yea Mugglenet is where I heard about it Smile They have a great podcast out #205 I think discussing it, I really love Mugglecast. I pretty much agree with everything they said on there =]
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 am

myfriendisdobby wrote:

It will make people who didn't read the books want to know what will happen now that Voldemort has the Elder Wand. Oh, gosh, I can't wait!!!

I hope the people who haven't read it will get so curious that they'll actually read the series. That'd be something good about the movies, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 pm

readergirl1028 wrote:
myfriendisdobby wrote:

It will make people who didn't read the books want to know what will happen now that Voldemort has the Elder Wand. Oh, gosh, I can't wait!!!

I hope the people who haven't read it will get so curious that they'll actually read the series. That'd be something good about the movies, at least.

I hope so! You'd think by all the confusion they had with HBP, they'd want to read it to understand better. New fans are always welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Split?   Deathly Hallows Split? Empty

Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows Split?
Page 1 of 1