Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deathly Hallows Changes

Go down 
+5
foreshadowing7815
EmotionalTeaspoon
readergirl1028
myfriendisdobby
NTonksAuror
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Deathly Hallows Changes Empty
PostSubject: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 pm

So far I've already heard of a few changes they're making to DH. One is showing Ron and Hermione destroying the horcrux, and fighting/being chased by a Voldemort shaped tsunami.

Another is that Harry will let Hedwig go before they leave Privet Drive, and Hedwig comes back during the battle. She tries to protect Harry and is killed then.

I know I'm not too Happy with the Hedwig change. So, any thoughts? Or do you know more about DH?

But I don't thing DH will be that great. The more I hear about it, the more pics I see, the less faith I have in it.
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Oh, I really hope they don't change any other major plot points! Crying or Very sad I doubt it though. I understand that they have to alter a few things here and there to make it more dramatic on-screen, but you'd think considering its the last installment and that its split in two parts they'd do more justice to the best book on the face of the Earth.

As to other changes, I think Ollivander is the one who tells Harry about the Deathly Hallows vs. him not knowing anything in the book. You can tell from the trailer with Ollivander saying "There are three..." so I suppose he's referring to the Deathy Hallows.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Ugh, no!!! Hedwig can't die in the end!!!! It's important that she died first!!!! ):< That makes me mad. I actually haven't researched for it that much because I don't want to be let down before the movie even starts. But reading all this now makes me feel disappointed Sad If the movie sucks and doesn't end the whole HP movie/book franchise well, we are all going to hunt down this director!!!!!! D:<
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:15 pm

"Ugh, no!!! Hedwig can't die in the end!!!! It's important that she died first!!!! ):<"
~ myfriendisdobby

Exactly my thoughts! With Hedwig dying in the beginning it represents that Harry is no longer safe and guarded and it represnts Harry kind of growing up from the security of Hogwarts and his childhood. I can understand that they would want more dramatic killing-off of Hedwig being in the movie business but I mean come on! The least they could do is have the deceased not die in vain and let them snuff it the way they should have. I really hope they don't ruin any more deaths especially Dobby! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm really angry about the Hedwig thing. It's just silly. There's no need to change it.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 pm

I hate the changes -.- the book was SO good, they should've done it correctly and since they have TWO MOVIES to do a pretty small book (smaller that OOTP) I thought they'd keep things similar.

I don't like the Ron/Hermione thing. I like in the book, how its a secret moment b/w Ron and hermione. When that is happening, Harry finds out about the diadem, which is important, so how are they gunna fit both parts in?

I am really pissed off about how there doing Hedwig's death. He releases her, then later in the battle during the 7 potters, she gets killed. whats the point? Hedwig's death early on is really sigifficant, there screwing it up!

I truely hope this movie is good. we've been disappointed a lot with these movies. I think that POA and GOF were okay, not brilliant, but okay. OOTP and HPB were really disappointing. If they don't do these last two movies brilliantly too, the whole series will be screwed over.
Neutral
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 am

You would think that by now the producers/directors could understand that the story is perfect JUST THE WAY IT IS. There's no need to alter the genius that is JKR. Siriusly, if they stuck to the books for all of the first 6 I would be much happier watching these movies. Hedwig's death signifies Harry growing up in a short period of time and having to let go of his childhood comforts, which he obviously does in DH. Voldemort is just as terrifying without transfiguring him into a tsunami, if that's what they're getting at. The Chamber part I can understand, because most people who haven't read the books won't get it if they don't show it on screen. But really, come on.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:39 am

Also, with Hedwig's death it shows how really serious this war is going to be. It's the last thing you'd think- I never suspected Hedwig would die. JK had her die like she did because it showed how even the innocent will be affected. Hedwig was just an owl, she was trapped in a cage and couldn't do anything to save herself.

I was really hoping DH would compensate OotP and HBP. But since OotP was a failure, and HBP was an epic fail, and DH is the same director, it's not going to be fabulous.

There's some filming info (showing a few changes) at: http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movie7/info.shtml

I'm losing hope in this movie.

Back to top Go down
RandmWiz

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm not sure what he was referring to in HBP, but I read a quote from Daniel Radcliffe while he was talking about shooting both Parts of DH in 18-months saying they screwed up Half-Blood Prince.

He's the quote:
Quote :
"It was hard. Before, the producers and directors were very good at taking all the pressure on their shoulders, but this time going into it we were slightly more nervous than we were before, because we didn't want to screw it up as the last one."

Two things about that quote:
1.) Yes they did screw up the last one.
2.) I really hope they don't screw up Deathly Hallows.

So if it's true what Dan says, about trying hard not to screw up DH, I hope he's right.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:46 pm

So I checked Mugglenet and it said DH1 was test screened (I think this was yesterday). There's a point-by-point review you can read through a link in the article. I couldn't resist, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone with self-control. I am very upset with some of the changes they made. But they did keep the "holey" joke between Fred and George- I'm happy about that.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Like, NTonksAuror, I too couldn't resist indulging into Deahtly Hallows Part 1 reviews. But now I wished I hadn't. It sounds amazing. The actors seem to have really put their all into it and it sounds as if it might actually to justice to the book. While I many not be happy with some of the changes, I still feel that it'll be a satisfying. They probably made the changes like not illing off Pettigrew as to keep the movie rating at least PG-13. Yet, all in all, I'm gaining my confindence in DH. I feel the whole crew really tried their best to do justice.
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I think I'll keep off Mugglenet, because as much as I love learning new stuff about DH, I want to be surprised when I watch it. I know I'll be disappointed in the stuff they changed, but if it is minor changes, that don't effect the plot (like screw ups in OOTP and HBP)
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:31 pm

OHMYWIZARDGOD!!!! I just checked it. I skimmed through it so that way, I won't take it all in and remember it all. But then when it started talking about some of the scenes, I stopped reading because I don't want to know beforehand. But it seriously sounds amazing!! My hope has been restored. And I was watching the Ultimate Editions of HP SS and CoS and the interviews with the actors show how serious they are so I'm SO thankful for it. And even with the directors - we might hate how they made the movie turn out but they really do try their best. But this time, I think it will do the book justice! I. CAN'T. WAIT.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:05 pm

I thought I had enough willpower to avoid looking at it, but I was sadly mistaken.

On the other hand, THAT SOUNDS FREAKING AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:07 am

I was on mugglenet, but i restrained myself, for now. I'll prob end up reading the reviews, r reading the new mugglecast about it :-)
Back to top Go down
demigoddaughterofHecate

demigoddaughterofHecate

Location : Hogwarts during the school year. Currently at Camp Half-Blood.

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Why do they have to change anything? Sad
Well, I heard that there's gonna be this change, and I'm really pissed about it. Note that I'm not sure if it's official.

THEY MIGHT BE REMOVING THE " OI! There's a war going on here! " LINE FROM PART 2.
NOOOOOOOO Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Imagine the most insane, evil, angry face you can. That's the look on my face right now. If they take that line out... *rage*
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 am

Quote :
Why do they have to change anything?

Because it's just not possible to fit everything in a movie. It's easy enough to say "Yeah, I'd watch a movie even if it was twenty hours long, as long as they got everything just right!", but it's a little harder to actually go through with that. (I couldn't do it with the original Star Wars trilogy, when my friends and I decided to just sit down and watch all three back-to-back, and I friggin' love Star Wars, almost more than HP. *runs away while yelling "you never forget your first love!"*) Some things need to be cut (and I, for once, SINCERELY hope that they just drop the "Tonks loves Lupin, but Lupin's a little emo bitch who tries to dump her when she's pregnant" subplot; I lost all respect for Lupin when that happened.), but from what I've been hearing they're not cutting anything that's of major importance.

I'm actually not bothered by the Hedwig change. I know it was supposed to symbolize how serious the war was, and it was supposed to be a foreshadowing device, but really I think it could have been left out. After all, Mad-Eye died during the Battle of the Seven Potters; I think if he'd been the only one, we'd have still understood that, yep, shit's gettin' real now. That being said, if they decide that both Mad-Eye and Hedwig survive the Battle, I'm going to throw my Sprite at the screen and leave and not come back until Part 2. At which point, if they leave out anything about Snape the only thing I'll be throwing is a Molotov cocktail through Warner Bros. windows.
Back to top Go down
MoonyMarauder

PostSubject: Taking parts out and splitting it   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:51 am

Omg i have heard they are taking out the scene between lupin and harry at Sirius house about how lupin wants to leave tonks and pore little unborn teddy i swear to they harry potter gods if they did take it out i may have to throw something at the screen i really like that bit and i hope that dont leave it as a clif hanger between the two parts that would be torture you would have to wait a year to see what happens.

P.S. if they so as get rid of any of snapes memorys i will siriusly walk out the cinemas doors
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 pm

MoonyMarauder wrote:

P.S. if they so as get rid of any of snapes memorys i will siriusly walk out the cinemas doors

I don't think they would take out Snape's memory. That's REALLY important, there's no way they would do that. We'd all go find them and chase them with burning sticks if they did.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:05 pm

myfriendisdobby wrote:
MoonyMarauder wrote:

I don't think they would take out Snape's memory. That's REALLY important, there's no way they would do that. We'd all go find them and chase them with burning sticks if they did.

Or, rather, we'd be hunting them down with our wands- not afraid to use the Unforgivable. Because even the unforgivable can be considered forgivable sometimes. (Sorry if the quote's not right on- it's been a while) I know I'd risk going to Azkaban for that.
. . . That was a lie. No, I would risk going to Azkaban for that, but you get the idea. I'd feed myself to Aragog's children if I got the chance to hunt them down if they mess up Snape's memories. Siriusly.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

NTonksAuror wrote:
myfriendisdobby wrote:
MoonyMarauder wrote:

Or, rather, we'd be hunting them down with our wands- not afraid to use the Unforgivable. Because even the unforgivable can be considered forgivable sometimes. (Sorry if the quote's not right on- it's been a while) I know I'd risk going to Azkaban for that.
. . . That was a lie. No, I would risk going to Azkaban for that, but you get the idea. I'd feed myself to Aragog's children if I got the chance to hunt them down if they mess up Snape's memories. Siriusly.

Agreed! I wish we could give each other thumbs ups because I always want to give you one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:51 pm

myfriendisdobby wrote:
MoonyMarauder wrote:

AH! Proof that Snape's story will be in it:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer-breakdown/21.asp

Read the caption!

And then read this:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer-breakdown/22.asp

When it says, '"Nothing important or fundamental will be left out of this one," promised Heyman'.
GOOD.
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Quote :
AH! Proof that Snape's story will be in it:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer-breakdown/21.asp

Read the caption!

And then read this:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer-breakdown/22.asp

When it says, '"Nothing important or fundamental will be left out of this one," promised Heyman'.
GOOD.

*relief*
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:15 pm

And they're keeping "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!!!" Aaahahahaha!!! That's my favorite line in the whole series!!! *happydance*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Changes   Deathly Hallows Changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows Changes
Page 1 of 1