Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite TV shows?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Okay, anyone addicted to any tv shows?

I am currently addicted to Fringe, Oz, Cake Boss: Next Great Baker, NCIS, Grey's Anatomy, and if I like anything else I can't think of it right now xP

Ohhhh and movies: I need some good movies to watch right now, so me and my roomate are gonna go to the mall this week and buy Stephen King's The Stand, and the movie based on his book about the hotel room... totally can't remember the title right now ;P

but any good suggestions for movies to watch?
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:43 am

Hmm, my favorite TV shows right now are probably House M.D., Monk, Seinfeld (at times, I gotta be in the mood for it lol), and Invader ZIM, in that order.
But while we're at it, my best friend's cousin works at Cake Boss. She's not on the show yet, though, she only started working there recently and I guess the episodes take a while to make. And I know my best friend wasn't lying because there's photographic evidence xD.
There are more shows I like, those just happen to be on my mind at the moment. If you'd have asked me a few years ago you'd have gotten a lot more xD

Depends on what genre of movie you like to watch. Horror I couldn't make very good recommendations, I've only seen one or two and they were cheesy. The main question I have is this: Does your roommate like Harry Potter? xD
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 am

Woah! She's gonna be on Cake Boss?!?!? That's awesome! I don't really watch Cake Boss that much, I don't really like Buddy and he talks too much on that show, but I LOVE Cake Boss Next Great Baker, I love the contestants and what they come up with. But I gotta say, even if I don't like Buddy too much, he makes kick ass cakes.

Ok I love house, but I've never seen House M.D. is it just like the same thing with different people?
and oh gosh Monk, I've only watched a few episodes of it, and even those were only because one of my friends is on a shit ton of the episodes. (she plays Julie Teeger)

As for movies I pretty much watch all movies except westerns Razz and biography..... eww >.> I haven't seen that many horror movies either, mainly because I end up finding "terrifying" movies hilarious. Like me and a friend saw A Haunting in Connecticut, and while everyone was gasping me and her were sitting at the back of the theater laughing our asses off.

And in answer to you question of whether or not my roommate likes Harry Potter: Since she took me to WWoHP in August, bought a wand, went to the midnight premiere in costume with me, and reads HP fanfic all day I think it's safe to say that she likes HP. Razz
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:34 pm

I haven't been following Cake Boss lately. I didn't know there was a new show (is it like a spin-off contest thingy?) xD lololol I'm slow.

House and House M.D. are the same thing, it's just the more commonly used title is House and the official title is House M.D. xD I got mixed up with it too until I started watching it religiously (no joke. It's gotta be a daily thing or I go berserk xD).
Your friend was on Monk? *gaspity-gasp-gasp* That's awesome! I watched that show obsessively for a while. I used to wake up early and watch it before school but since the series ended I lost interest, hehe.
I understand your distaste for western movies. My dad watches them frequently and I despise it xD. Biographies as in... History channel? Because some of those "based on a true story" movies are pretty good (especially the ones that don't follow the "true story" at all xD).
Horror movies... I gotta say, people look down on me because I haven't seen any of the Saw movies, but I'm not planning on it. I like to watch movies like that to appreciate them. I analyze them and think, "Wow, must have taken a lot of work to create that makeup!" or "Wow, the acting is great!" If the effects are bad and the acting sucks, I find it hysterical, and if the effects are good and the acting is good, I'm mostly just impressed rather than scared.
Except loud noises and sudden close-ups of creepy faces do make me jump. I gotta say though, I don't really laugh at horror so much as... I don't know, stare boredly? I guess I'm not easily scared. Most people I know either scream or laugh, both of which have been deemed as a "defense mechanism" by psychologists, I think (I wouldn't know, don't really care about psychology, I just heard that from my History teacher who also teaches Junior Psyche xD)

Well I guess you couldn't go wrong with a HP movie. If that's not an option I don't have any suggestions, most people don't like my movie choices xD
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:31 pm

lol fair enough, and I think the spin-off is pretty new, I think they are on the first season... but basically they are competing for the opportunity to work in that bakery, and I think they get a cash prize too... idk.

WOAH they are the same thing? I always heard people talking about them as though they were completely different!!! *mind blown*

and no, I like some of the "based on a true story" things, but like history channel biographies I can't stand. I love watching The Universe, or Shark week and that kind of stuff, but straight biographies or documentaries or shtuff like that.... ugh *pulls out a gun* There was a kid I used to volunteer with in a hospital and he would come in talking about some documentary he watched on some random obsure guy who fought in the civil war or something. I got bored just listening to him, nevermind actually watching it >.>

Ohhhh I actually really liked Saw, I only saw them for the first time last year though, they surprised me, they were actually pretty good. And honestly if you see a horror movie with me and my friends, it's kind of hard NOT to laugh. Like at one point a ghost popped up in A Haunting in Connecticut, the entire audience jumped and my friend turned to me and said "...he looks like a black voldemort..."

And fair enough, but I'm pretty sure you won't get any weirder movie tastes than my father... or music for that matter....
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Ah, I see. Maketh sense.
Yeah, they're the same thing, I know it goes by both names but unless there's a whole different show called House somewhere I'm pretty sure it's the same. I use both names sometimes, hehehe.
Wowww. Documentaries are boring as heck, for sure. I like wars in American history and everything, but I don't think I could watch a whole documentary on one dude who found in some war.
HAHAHAHAHA I can imagine you must have laughed at THAT! xD See, I wish I had friends like that, but nooooooo.xD
My father... where do I begin? Let's just say he got me into some pretty weird stuff throughout my childhood, resulting in my inevitable rejection amongst my peers, lol
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:21 pm

lol, I know EXACTLY what you mean. He got me into the most random music, so whenever it comes on my ipod my friends are like "really? wtf is THAT?" "......music?"
lol! Like he listens to a genre called "Circus Prog Rock" it's basically progressive rock music, but in the middle of it it starts playing circus music!!! lmao, and i have the weirdest band names on my ipod because of him. Razz like "Hatfield and the North", "Atomic Rooster", "Porcupine Tree", oh gosh I could go on forever Razz
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Hahaha, yay, my dad isn't the only weird father in the world! He listens to stuff that was really popular back in the day, like Bob Dylan and Queen. You hear stuff by both of them all the time but people listen to the music and are like "Umm really?"
I even saw Bob Dylan in concert a few months ago. Except I was the youngest one there. It was me, my dad, and all his 50+ friends. I felt so small, the whole time he was like "Wanna stand on a chair so you can see?" LOL
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm

LMAO, sounds like something my dad would say to me Razz
and hey! Queen isn't weird OR old, queen is a classic, i love them <3

btw, i love how right now it's basically just us on this website Razz
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

My friends say Bohemian Rhapsody is weird because of the rock-opera part in the middle, basically.
They're just afraid of steering away from their pop music.

And haha yeah, I noticed xD
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:02 pm

BLASPHEMY!!! How can you NOT love Bohemian Rhapsody? It's what I grew up listening to!

and honestly, i will choose bohemian rhapsody over pop music any day Razz
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Right? Bohemian Rhapsody rocks my socks, haha. How can they be so close-minded? Some of them even like Justin Bieber... are you KIDDING me? You'd take Justin Bieber over Queen? Hellz no.
Have you heard of Alan Parsons Project? Well, most of my friends don't know what Alan Parsons Project is. I personally only like them for their album Tales of Mystery and Imagination, it's based all on Edgar Allan Poe and I just love it, even though their style of music doesn't particularly tickle my fancy. Everything else by them I'm not a fan of. They're yet another band from the seventies, they worked up 'til the '90s I think. A lot of old([er], anything up to the '90s to my generation is old music I guess. In the same way that five year olds today will think Aaron Carter and the Backstreet Boys are really old news when they're fifteen) music I got into on my own, but I was raised with Bob Dylan, so that was a given.
More modern music I like, however, is anything by Relient K, some Panic! At the Disco, a few songs by Flyleaf, Streetlight Manifesto, and a few songs by Final Fantasy/Owen Pallett (his first album was released under the name Final Fantasy but his most recent album was under his real name).
</rant mode> lol
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm

I've heard of Alan Parsons Project, haven't heard anything by them though...
and oooo Relient K, Panic! At the Disco, and Flyleaf = <3
Razz

but really? Justin Beiber over queen? ummm no. How could you choose a guy that sounds like a girl over QUEEN?!?!
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Finally someone who knows about Relient K! I talk about them all the time and people are like "...who's that?" It's not like they're super unknown, they just stopped showing up on TV and the radio when they came out as a Christian band...
*sigh*
Relient K is like... the music of my life. I found the band on my own, almsot every other band I listen to was shown to me by someone else. But I could go on about that for a while. xD
Panic! At the Disco makes me happy xD
Flyleaf is what I listen to when I'm annoyed at people (especially the song I'm So Sick hahaha).

The funny thing is, most people in my school don't know that We Will Rock You is by Queen, and they'll sing it like it's the bomb during gym and sport events and whatnot, but when they listen to Bohemian Rhapsody they're like "eww the band that wrote this must have been messed up, who sings like that?" when it gets to the rock-opera middle part (which, as I recently discovered, is incredibly fun to sing in an off-key, falsetto voice... xD). I'm very tired of my school's lack of culture. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Lol, see the main bands I listen to are My Chemical Romance, Death Cab for Cutie, Muse, and I've recently started listening to more Porcupine Tree.

Then I just have a shit ton of random bands from my dad ^_^
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:57 pm

Ah, I see. I used to not listen to a lot of music/pay attention to what I was listening to, but now I love music with a burning passion. I recently found the band Creature Feature and I'm planning on blasting them through my neighborhood on Halloween (toooooo long from now, I gotta say xD).
I've heard quite a bit of My Chemical Romance but never paid much attention to it for some reason... huh.
Anyways, yeah. Music.
I've been on an art obsession for the past several days. I've been spamming my deviantArt account with all sorts of crappy sketches. xD
I felt the need to say that. Disregard the above comment xD
Back to top Go down
Lumos

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:08 am

Hee hee, I love how your whole conversation between you two about music is on a post initially about favorite television shows. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lumos

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:09 am

Sorry, I just completely intruded on the conversation.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:29 am

lol no worries, feel free to join in Smile

and yea, we kinda got off topic, but at least we are talking right? and the websites not completely dead yet.... ? xD xP
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:08 am

Yay for site not being dead! xD
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:49 pm

MyMischiefManaged wrote:
Yay for site not being dead! xD

Ha. It's been dead..... again..... *sigh*

On the initial topic of TV shows, I'd like to say that I watched my first episode of Doctor Who this past Friday and have been trying to watch it obsessively since.

Soooo..... how are you all?
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 am

I only watched Doctor Who for the time in which David Tennant was the Doctor. He was my fave and I sorta lost interest in the ones before and after him.
I'm good! I've discovered that I love Emilie Autumn's music and Creature Feature's music, I made an account on Twitter that I thoroughly regret because it is indeed as addicting as everyone says and two-second-spaced tweets are a definite possibility, I found a role play that I have high hopes for on Gaiaonline and overall everything's been good! Haaard times hit me the other day, but it was all right when I found out my cousin was coming over to stay before leaving for Afghanistan! I haven't seen him in so long, and he actually wrote me a letter (it takes a lot to get a 24-year-old man to sit down and actually write something xD).
(I only gave that much information in hopes of starting a conversation xD)
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:29 pm

I've heard that David Tennant is wildly recognized as the best Doctor.... I'll have to wait and see though!

This is my failed attempt at conversation. I call it a skill.
Back to top Go down
MyMischiefManaged

MyMischiefManaged

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Skill indeed, my friend!
He also makes Barty Crouch Jr. sexy. xD
I NEVER SAID THAT. I NEVER WILL SAY THAT. THE ABOVE SENTENCE IS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION! XDDD
Besides, Stan Shunpike is my Harry Potter obsession. Why do all the best characters never get enough screen time? They paid so much more attention to him in the book! *angry face so angry that emoticons cannot express my anger* xD
My sister and my friends want to start a wrock band. I've been brainstorming on names. My sister hates 'em all so far, unfortunately xD
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:21 am

Yea... i never really like Dr. Who.... whenever I would go visit my family in England though they would make a HUGE deal about watching it, and i was always just like "...okay well i'm gonna go read now.... >.> "

what are some of the ideas for a band name? We might be able to help brainstorm xP

and as to the cousin writing the letter before being deployed: I'm glad that you'll be able to see him before he leaves! My boyfriend just left for basic, so now I'm just waiting for his first letter, so I can have an address to send them to, but he might be getting deployed in October, so I'm kinda nervous about that.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV shows?   Favorite TV shows? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite TV shows?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next