Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Quotes?

Go down 
+7
ginnyravenclaw
readergirl1028
demigoddaughterofHecate
GetBacktoHogwarts
NTonksAuror
TheHogwartsPanther
EmotionalTeaspoon
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:19 pm

What is everyones favorite Quotes? I have two. One from Hermione and one, of course, from Dumbledore. I'm too lazy to refrence the pages, but you should know where there from Wink

"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have."

and

"Don't pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

So...?

Back to top Go down
TheHogwartsPanther
Admin
TheHogwartsPanther

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:03 am

Ok so some of my favorite quotes are....

NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!

"You can try," said Harry indifferently. "But you seem cleverer than Fudge, so I'd have thought you'd have learned from his mistakes. He tried interfering at Hogwarts. You might have noticed he's not Minister anymore, but Dumbledore's still headmaster. I'd leave Dumbledore alone, if I were you."
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm in the process of making a Harry Potter quote poster, so I have A LOT of quotes. Some of my favorites are:

"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."
-Ron Weasley

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black. He seems to be a sort of hypocrite. Saying this and then to turn around and treat Kreacher the way he did.

"Ah well. . . wand still in your jeans? Both buttocks still on? Okay, let's go."
-Nymphadora Tonks

I could go on and on and on, but these are just a small sampling of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Awh, I loved that Sirius quote. I was with Hermione with SPEW Smile
I have a lot of quotes I like, but the ones I posted for the ones I remembered for being my favorites.
Back to top Go down
GetBacktoHogwarts

GetBacktoHogwarts

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:32 pm

I have too many to list, but the best would probably be Mrs. Weasley's, "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!" That was epic.
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:40 pm

That was quite epic, prob. my favorite quite from DH (aside from Dumbledore's of course) But, I still kind of wish that Neville had killed Bellatrix, although, he killed a Horcrux, therefore helped kill Voldemort, so its all good.
Back to top Go down
demigoddaughterofHecate

demigoddaughterofHecate

Location : Hogwarts during the school year. Currently at Camp Half-Blood.

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:49 pm

I'll join you when hell freezes over! DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY!
~Neville Very Happy
That was so full of win.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Oh, well, that'd take a loooong time if I went through and said every one. I'm in the process of making a whole book of all my favorite quotes, so I can carry it around with me, so, yeah, I have a TON.

Some random ones out of the book:

"After all, to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." I used this quote in one of my fiction stories the other day, and it was awesome how many people recognized it as Dumbledore's.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of places, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

"It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up." This applies to me, and going back to school.

"Curiosity is not a sin... but we should exercise caution with our curiosity..."

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts open."

"There was no point in worrying yet... what would come, would come... and he would have to meet it when it did."

"It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew, and so do I, thought Harry, and so did my parents, that there was all the difference in the world."

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

"There's no need to call me sir, professor."

"This IS night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

"What, am I supposed to be afraid of pillows?"

"Severus Snape wasn't yours... Snape was Dumbledore's, Dumbledore's from the moment you started hunting down my mother..."

"After all this time?" "Always."

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

"He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murder, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though... keep up news... check if I'm happy..."

"Well, I had one I was playing Quidditch the other night... What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something."

"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like having a difficult life?"

"What about 'popkin' and 'Dinky Diddydums,' can I use them then?"

"You can't give a Dementor the old one-two!"

"Listening to the news..."
"Listening to the news! Again>"
"...Well, it changes every day, you see...."

"First sign of madness, talking to your own head."

"He will only be gone from this school when none here are loyal to him."

"Dumbledore's man, through and through. That's right."

"It's just hard... to realize he won't write to me again."

"I realized I can't shut myself away, or crack up. It could be me next, couldn't it? But if it is, I'll make sure I take out as many Death Eaters with me as I can, and Voldemort, too, if I can manage it."

"Well, think back... have you ever let it slip that you'd like to go out in public with the words 'My Sweetheart' round your neck?"

"Accio brain!"

"I like a quiet life, you know me..."

"And the [Death Eaters]'d love to have ME... We'd be best pals if they didn't keep trying to do me in...."

"Pretend to break your leg...."
"REALLY break your leg."

"When in doubt, go to the library."

"We're coming for you whether the Muggles like it or not... only Mum and Dad reckon it's better if we pretend to ask their permission first. If they say yes, send PIg back with your answer pronto, and we;ll come and get you at 5 o'clock on Saturday. If they say no, sent PIg back pronto, and we'll come and get you at 5 o'clock on Saturday anyways."

"He had just made Harry feel slightly better by telling him how he had told his examiner in detail about the ugly man with a wart on his nose in the crystal ball, only to look up and realize he had been describing his examiner's reflection."

"Hey! Hey, you lot! Midgets!"
"Ron!"
"Well, they are, they're twitchy."

She was gazing out the window, but not as though she really saw it. Her eyes were unfocused and there was a frown on her face.
"No... not exactly..." said Hermione slowly. "More... wondering.. I suppose we're doing the right thing, aren't we?"
"Well, that clears things up," said Ron. "It would have been really annoying if you hadn't explained yourself properly."

"I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry after a while, frowning down on his parchment. "That can't be right, can it?"
"Aaaaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's magical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it's a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..."

"From now on, I don't care whether my tea leaves spell 'die, Ron, die,' I'm just chucking them in the bin where they belong."

"I'll make Goyle do lines, he hates writing," said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle's deep grunt, miming writing in midair. "I... must... not... look... like... a ... baboon's.... backside."

"There you go... you weren't being thick at all, you were showing moral fiber!"

"Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough."

"I tell you... the way Hagrid goes on about [that dragon] you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit. When it bit me, he told me off for frightening it. And when I left, he was singing it a lullaby."

Okay, sorry, for the super long post, but, well, I have a lot of favorite quotes.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
ginnyravenclaw

ginnyravenclaw

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 pm

wow.. . . that was a lot of quotes.
Back to top Go down
http://cyprussisland.blogspot.com/
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 pm

I bet if we kept going, we could quote all the books. Smile
what character says the best quotes anyway?
I think...
DUMBLEDORE!
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 pm

ginnyravenclaw wrote:
wow.. . . that was a lot of quotes.

Yeah, I know. Sorry. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:47 am

I've got, like, six bajillion, but my all-time favorites are:

"Always." -Severus Snape

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!" -Albus Dumbledore

"No thanks. The poor toilet's never had anything as horrible as your head in it; it might be sick." -Harry Potter

"Stop being so cheerful, Mad-Eye, he'll think we're not taking this seriously." -Tonks

And of course...

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Ooo, that's hard! I'd quote all the books back to front! Very Happy
But the first ones that come to mind are:

"'You'll stay with me?'
'Until the very end,' said James"
~DH

"The fact of his own survival burned inside him, a tailsman against them [dementors], as through his father's stag kept guardian in his heart."
~DH

"The house-elves of Hogwarts swarmed into the entrnce hall, screaming and waving carving knoves and cleavers, and at their head, the locket of Regulus Black bouncing on his chest, was Kreacher, his bullfrog's voice audible even above this din: 'Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of house-elves! Fight the Dark Lord, in the name of brave Regulus! Fight!'"
~DH

"We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"
~DH

I think these are the first ones that came to my mind 'cause I just finished reading Deathly Hallows. Laughing
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:18 pm

I'm rereading the series for the summer and while I read it, I have a notebook with me where I write down my favorite quotes, stories to put on AW, parts that remind me of AVPM/S, etc. I finished SS last night and from that one, I really like when Dumbledore says,

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

"To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever."

I'm planning on doing the same thing for the rest of the books because I always have favorite quotes but when there are questions that ask for the favorite quotes, then I can't remember Razz
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:19 pm

EmotionalTeaspoon wrote:

what character says the best quotes anyway?
I think...
DUMBLEDORE!

Oh, definitely Dumbledore! That man is brilliant! Smile
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:09 am

Fred and George have some pretty awesome quotes too

"Just Because You Have The Emotional Range of A Teaspoon, Doesn't Mean We All Have" Favorite Quotes?  KelseysCamera026

--KelseyIsAwesome
Back to top Go down
KatiePotter1995

KatiePotter1995

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:26 pm

I love all of Harry's hilarious quotes, when he is with Ron in Divination class, or when he is talking to Dudley. Obviously, I love Dumbledore, and everything he says!

But then ones that make me cry are
-"I am about to die"
-"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Well actually, the whole end of that book makes me so emotional. But by far, my favorite chapter in the WHOLE series is "Horcruxes", when Harry, and I, finally understands why everything has happened to him, how he can end it, and how it is going to end.
Back to top Go down
HPFREAK

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:59 pm

I think Tonks has some of the best quotes ever.
Wand in your jeans? Both buttox still on?
And the one about Mad-eye not being serious.
And everytime she trips is hilarious xD
Back to top Go down
foreshadowing7815

foreshadowing7815

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 pm

I just realized....JK Rowling is pretty amazing. I mean, as much as we'd like to believe Dumbledore and Harry and Tonks legitimately said these things, it was all Jo. She must be pretty damn insightful(:

And my favorites are the one in my icon to the left there,

and "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

<333 That whole paragraph was kind of epic.
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:04 am

KatiePotter1995 wrote:
I love all of Harry's hilarious quotes, when he is with Ron in Divination class, or when he is talking to Dudley. Obviously, I love Dumbledore, and everything he says!

But then ones that make me cry are
-"I am about to die"
-"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Well actually, the whole end of that book makes me so emotional. But by far, my favorite chapter in the WHOLE series is "Horcruxes", when Harry, and I, finally understands why everything has happened to him, how he can end it, and how it is going to end.

Same here. I get so emotional with the quotes in DH. And especially:

"You'll stay with me?"
"Until the very end."

When I see that in the movie (which they BETTER include), I will start balling my eyes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Quotes?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes?    Favorite Quotes?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Quotes?
Page 1 of 1