Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Book

Go down 
+2
NTonksAuror
EmotionalTeaspoon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Favorite book out of the series? (This could be quite a challenge...)
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 am

Oh this is a tough questions... Hmm....

Well, SS is the automatic winner only because it was the first one, and without it, the series would be nowhere. It's also the most magical. I always get this feeling when I start reading it that I don't get when I read any of the others.

But other than that it's probably DH. Even though Hogwarts isn't in it until the end, and that's for a battle, I still like it the most. Everything from the other books sort of come together in DH. And yes, a lot of my favorite characters die, but it has so much emotion wrapped in between the pages. In DH I didn't cry because of the deaths, but because of the raw emotion: during the "Always" part of Snape's memories, and when Harry is walking to his death.
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Very tough question indeed...

Hmm. I'd have to say, for me, its either Chamber of Secrets or the Order of the Phoenix. I love them all, but those stick out for some reason. I think its because with CoS, it was the first one I read in one whole sitting, and it was the book that helped me start standing up against my HP-Prejudiced grama (she's one of those who're totally convinced its pure evil. *facepalm*). Plus, we get to meet Ginny in it, and she's by far one of my favorites.

As for OotP, that book came out during a very hard time in my life, and reading it helped me get through it. Its also the one I've read the most out of any in the series so far.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:44 pm

I have to say Deathly Hallows, just because it closes up everything, and it's the one I have the most memories associated with- the release, waiting for the book, waiting for the movie, reading the book itself, etc. The characters have really reached their full potential here, and the points that were introduced to us in the beginning suddenly become obvious and hugely important- Harry's eyes, Snape's love for Lily, etc. My least favorite would have to be Philosopher's Stone, though, because it's just kind of introducing everything, and when you already know about all that, it gets a bit (dare I say it) dull. Of course I love them all, though.

(Sorry if I'm not making a whole lot of sense right now- I got less than two hours of sleep last night. *sigh Sleep )
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 pm

My favorite book would have to be GoF and DH. I love GoF just because it is the turning point in the story, when Voldemort returns. I also love how the trio has grown, and how Harry is more taken with Cho Chang, and how Ron first notices Hermione is in fact a girl (But, of course, Viktor Krum then comes into the picture...)

I also love DH, because it is really different from all of them, it ties up everything in the series, even though there are some unfortunate deaths Sad

& people may not like PS that much, but i love reading it, like I am now. It isn't as exciting as the others, and the writing is not as good (JK's wwriting has really improved, looking for PS to DH) But i love how in detail it is about Hogwarts, she goes into detail about the school, and the classes, which doesn't really happen in the others because there is so much other stuff going on.

Also, OOTP is a good read. I first read it at 11, and didn't like the length of it. But after re-reading it, I live it a lot.

I pretty much love all of them, I guess, except I really don't like HPB, because of the Ron/Lavender/Hermione triangle ( I really thought Ron was a bit of a... hmm.. 'broomhead' ? but, then, I'm bias because Hermione is my favorite character Smile ) And, then Dumbledore died, which was really sad for me.

sorry for a long post, I just love the books Smile
Back to top Go down
?LunaLuv

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Ooh, that'll be difficult. All the books are all just so important to me, I don't think I have a favorite! Laughing Philosopher's Stone is really special because it was the one that started the phenomenon that is Harry Potter and it's fandom. I always enjoy reading Deathly Hallows because of all the emotion and adventure and thrills. I find it amazing that J.K. Rowling created such fantastic books. Sometimes I wish I had never read the books so I can go on the adventure of discovery and magic all over again from the beginning because you already know how it ends so the feeling of suspense in a scene such as Malfoy's Manor in DH or the reaction of finally uncovering the last piece of the puzzle like discovering the prophecy or the scence with Dumbedore's explaination at the end of DH in King's Cross isn't the same. But still, all the emotion live on and it's always a pleasure to sit in your favorite spot and pick up a HP book to read for millionth time to relive the adventure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Most of my friends think I'm weird for this because this is their least favorite, but it's most definitely Order of the Phoenix I loved it because I was the same age (and still am, I've just read HP this year) as Harry at the time when I read it, and I was kinda going though what he was going through (except I didn't have a psycho guy without a nose invading my dreams). I was really depressed and I felt like everyone thought I was really weird and didn't like me. And I was just angry at all the people I loved all the time. OotP really helped me deal with my problems, and it made me realize that even though things were hard for me, it wasn't the end of the world. And my friends who like HP had told me what happened in every book except GoF and OotP, so I liked those books a bit more because the things that happened were a surprise to me.

Last edited by TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myfriendisdobby

myfriendisdobby

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Half-Blood Prince. I love it! We finally get to learn about Voldemort and how important everything is. It's so dark and different, I love it! And every time I read Slughorn and the crystalized pineapples, I want some so bad. Very Happy Plus there's the whole Ron/Hermione drama going on, it's so good.
Back to top Go down
readergirl1028

readergirl1028

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm

[quote="myfriendisdobby" every time I read Slughorn and the crystalized pineapples, I want some so bad. Very Happy [/quote]

I do the exact same thing! The last time I read it, I was craving pineapple so bad I just *HAD* to get some, right then. It was a bit sad.

But the pineapple was delicious, so I'd say it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://freshairandgeniuses.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Favorite Book  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book    Favorite Book  Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Book
Page 1 of 1