Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Colors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Unknown

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:04 am

I am one of those types of people who would not listen to anything unless its canon, so normally I don't read FanFiction.

But, I've always wondered for some reason what would the Harry Potter character's favorite colors would be. I'm not sure why, but I always have. Perhaps I'm such a huge fan, I want to get to know the characters down to every last detail?

So what do you think? What do you think would be Harry's, Hermione's, Ron's, Luna's, Fred's, etc. favorite colors would be? Any reasoning behind your ideas? I'm all ears even though this discussion is pointless and not canon.

P.S. Please don't kill me for creating such a pointless topic to discuss. But, who knows, it might help somebody in creating a costume design for a character, like daywear for Luna or Ginny or Hermione or Ron and so on.
Back to top Go down
RandmWiz

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 am

I think Hermione's favorite color is purple. Smile

My reasoning: Isn't her beaded bag in Deathly Hallows purple? Plus, on Harry Potter Wiki, I saw a picture of Hermione's room and it has a purple-lavender color scheme.
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am

Hermione also wore a PURPLE dress to Bill&Fleur's wedding.
Smile
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:25 am

Purple strikes me as being a very likely candidate for her favorite color. :]

Hmmm... as for the rest of them, I honestly don't know. o.o The only thing I can say safely is that Ron's isn't maroon. Haha. x] Maybe its blue? Who knows. x]
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:05 am

I've always considered Hermione's favorite color to be purple, whether it was directly stated in a book or I just assumed so. As for the others, I have no idea. Maybe Ginny's is pink, or purple as well. Didn't she get a hot pink quill one time? And Arnold the Pygmy Puff was purple.
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 am

I thought that Harry's could be green because he has his mother's eyes, and that is his connection to her. Or red because it is the colour of Gryffindor, which he is proud to be in rather than slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Lumos

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Ooh, thanks for posting this topic! I've always really wanted to know what Luna's favorite color is! Any ideas anyone? Smile
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:45 pm

I always sort of got the idea that Luna would be fond of lilac, or other light shades of purple. I just see her liking pastels in general, really. x] They go hand-in-hand with her personality. I think so, anyway.

As for Ginny, I always kinda thought maybe she liked red. But that could just be because she's my favorite character, and my favorite color is red. x] But who knows.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
?LunaLuv

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Well I can agree that I myself would be glad to know of the characters' favourite colors! Hm... Well I'd always thought Luna's favourite color would be a bright colour like a bright orange or maybe yellow. Not neon but bright and cheery colors. Although now that I think about it, pastels do complement her personality being calm, quiet and serene colors as Luna is. Perhaps a pastel, pale blue, like the rug in her room described in DH. AH! I'm rambling, sorry! What do you guys think? And other characters too, like the Trio, Ginny, Fred & George, etc.
Back to top Go down
KatiePotter1995

KatiePotter1995

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Well, I can see purple for Hermione!
Not pink for Ginny though, since it doesn't go with her red hair, and she isn't that girly, she is more of a tom-boy at heart. She would have a strong and passionate colour as her favorite, maybe red, or black even?
Fred and George, well I think their favorite would be the colour of happiness and laughter. Not yellow, but just any happy and bright colour! Maybe just the rainbow for those two.
I think Harry would stick to something simple, like the Gryffindor red, or his mother's green, or a royal blue color, but definitely not black.
Ron would be ORANGE!!! Hello Chudley Cannons Razz
I think Draco's is easily green, or any royal-rich shade of a colour.
Dumbledore... I would say a happy purple, or a midnight blue, or a ridiculous colour no one has ever heard of Razz
And for Luna.. about the same as Fred and George, certainly a happy colour, like yellow (her robes at the wedding) or a sparkly colour, like silver or gold. But she is very attached to the Ravenclaw house, so maybe blue?
Back to top Go down
tenderlumpling

tenderlumpling

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:18 pm

I think Snape's favorite color is black. No clue why... Just a hunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Colors   Favorite Colors Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Colors
Page 1 of 1