Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here all Average Wizards can talk about the HP books, movies, events, theme park, parodies, etc. However, no posting stories that did not get onto Average Wizard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!

Go down 
+13
foreshadowing7815
ParticularlyGoodFinder
TotallyAwesomeRumbleroar
readergirl1028
demigoddaughterofHecate
NTonksAuror
GetBacktoHogwarts
Redvinesrule!!!!!!
EmotionalTeaspoon
TheHogwartsPanther
keeperofhippogriffs
DorkyBookworm
muggleborn_
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! Empty
PostSubject: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:19 am

Alright! So, to continue the discussion from the website, here're the ideas that've come up so far:

- Duct tape bracelets with house colors, AW symbol, and username
- Pins with the AW logo on them
- AW shirts
- Putting the AW symbol on your person somehow (one person said she could put it on her sunglasses and wear them on her head)
- Carrying around signs
- Get some of those "Hello! My name is ______" stickers and wearing them (the AW logo could be put on these as well as your username)

Anyway, those are just some ideas. :] Let's keep 'em following guys! And if you all like, we can start a separate thread for meeting up with local Average Wizards. Or we can do it in here, I suppose. Up to you all. :]
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lindzypops
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 am

Yea I was thinking the duct tape bracelet idea would work best, they are easy to make, cheap, and they wouldn't interfere with anybody's plans to dress up as certain characters.
But I think we should all try to do the same thing, so we aren't creeping on everyone else in the theater trying to find the AW symbol, and we can just check for one thing.
Back to top Go down
http://averagewizard.heavenforum.com
hpfan24

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Yeah i agree i think that we should all wear the duck tape bracelet and i think we should all have it on our left arm that why 1 we only have to look for it on one arm 2 thats the arm the darkmark is on Smile
Back to top Go down
keeperofhippogriffs

keeperofhippogriffs

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Haha, I like the idea of wearing it on our left arm. ^^ (if we do the duct tape bracelets)
Back to top Go down
TheHogwartsPanther
Admin
TheHogwartsPanther

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi Guys. I would have to say the braclets would be best. I love the idea of wearing it on our left arm. That way we can quickly look and see if the other person is an AW too. We just need to make sure they're visable.
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Duct tape bracelets are a go then? Awesome, alright. So, are we doing our house colors, then? Or just the orange and maroon of AW? Also, should we put the AW logo on there?
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

I think it's definitely a yes to the AW logo, but I kind of prefer the Orange and Maroon of AW to the house colors, because a lot of us have multiple houses (like slytherclaws, gryffinpuffs, etc.) and if we do house colors it could get confusing for those people (and me who still can't decide whether I'm a slytherin or a gryffindor >.< )
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 pm

DorkyBookworm, here's a fantastic quiz to help you out, if you want it. :]
http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm
Its very indepth and accurate (I think) and tells you how likely you are to work in each House. Its awesome. :]

And I do agree with you about using AW's colors, as well as the logo. Question is, though, would we draw them, or what? Because I know that I can't draw to save my life. Razz

And if anyone else has ideas, feel free to share! :] Like someone said on the site, we have a few months to get this all choreographed and whatnot. :]
Back to top Go down
keeperofhippogriffs

keeperofhippogriffs

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

muggleborn_, yeah, that was me Smile

Maybe someone could sketch up the AW logo and upload it onto the Internet to share and people could print it out and whatnot? We should make it really stand out so it's easily spotted... Like I said, I absolutely LOVE the idea of putting it on our left arm. Brilliant Smile I have a feeling, though, that we could come up with something better. Hm...I'm trying to brainstorm ideas so I'll update you guys? I'm excited for this AW reunion/DH premiere. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 am

I'm personally fond of the DT bracelet idea, myself. Cause its something that we could even wear after and use for other events, yunno? Granted, we probably could come up with a more brilliant idea in the next few months. If we do, then yay!

One thought I'd had was that maybe we could all (if nothing else) make a small sign? Or maybe a flag or something? We could do this along with the bracelet idea. Just a thought. :]
Back to top Go down
keeperofhippogriffs

keeperofhippogriffs

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 am

Ooh, a flag! I wonder if I could sew one? Hm...I like that! It'd catch a lot of attention, though, and I would like to find out if there are any fellow Average Wizards/Witches in my area before I go big, haha. But I like the idea!
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:59 am

That was my thing as well elephant I have no idea if anyone on this site lives near me, so I don't want to do anything huge. x] Which is why I thought it might be a good idea to try and find local people for this as well, but that can be done in a separate thread, of course. :]
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:15 am

I am def. in for making a braclet, and I'll carry a flag. I'm going to the premiere with my two bestest HP friends, although, I am pretty sure they won't dress up. (It would be weird? pleeeease) and they don't use AW as much as I do. I really hope I see another AW-er Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 am

Haha, I'll probably go with my mom (she's a huge fan too... though, not like I am. ^^) and possibly my bestest guy friend. If any dressing up is done, I know he'd be down for it. Come to think of it, I need to introduce him to AW... hrmm... project time. Very Happy

I'll do a bracelet regardless of whether that's what we all decide to do, just cause it'd be a fun project for me. I also like the sign idea. Gimme some puffy paint, a big chunk of fabric and a large AW logo to trace, and we're good to go. Very Happy

Ooh! Another idea (more for guys, but girls, feel free Very Happy). What if we got some AW guys to wear blue headbands? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hpfan24

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 am

yeah i love the idea of the blue headdband!!! Smile i can't wait!!!! I really hope that some of you guys live around me Smile
Back to top Go down
Redvinesrule!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:17 am

I think the bracelets are totally awesome and the blue headbands are cool but might clash if someone goes in costume. Then again it would be more noticable. I think that the AW colors for the bracelets and Average Wizard on one side your username on the other. I live in La Mesa CA if anyone else does or is close.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 am

Ooooo yay, thanks for the link! I've taken so many house quizzes and so far all of them suck!

I'm going to have a bracelet on anyways too, just because I love the idea. But I do think we also need to have something most noticeable the question is what? I'm thinking the flag would work.
Back to top Go down
GetBacktoHogwarts

GetBacktoHogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

I like both the headband idea and the bracelet idea. I'd probably go for the bracelet though, seeing as how I hate headbands. It would be awesome to see if any AWers lived in PA, though I have doubts.
Back to top Go down
DorkyBookworm
Admin
DorkyBookworm

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:43 pm

I'll be in PA for college when the movie comes out, and TheHogwartsPanther is going to be there too Very Happy

But yea, the headband would clash unless you are going as Ron, and then only the people who have seen AVPM would understand, they would think you're awesome and you would be, but only those people would understand.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 pm

The headband idea is great. And who knows? You might find someone who has seen AVPM/AVPS and introduce them to AW. I also love the idea of duct tape bracelets. The AW colors would be great, along with our usernames. I'm not allowed to go to the midnight premiere, but I was still planning on wearing the bracelet when I go, right after school the next day.
Back to top Go down
EmotionalTeaspoon

EmotionalTeaspoon

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:29 pm

BLUE HEADBAND! thats amazing Very Happy I am even more pumped for the movie premiere now!
Back to top Go down
keeperofhippogriffs

keeperofhippogriffs

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:32 pm

I love the headband idea! That's totally awesome Smile I'm not totally sure who I'm going with to the premiere or if I'm going at midnight at all...that's why I hope there are a few local AW-ers in my area!
Back to top Go down
muggleborn_

muggleborn_

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Whoa, I didn't think the headband thing would get such popular reception. Very Happy

And I think that maybe we should do a few things? That way we stick out more to the other AWs and it means its less likely that someone will have not seen the bracelet or something. Just a thought, of course. :}

On a side note, anyone in South Western Ohio? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GetBacktoHogwarts

GetBacktoHogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Haha, I'm going to the midnight premier. I haven't met too many Harry Potter fans in my area, but it would be amazing if I saw someone from AW there (: I'm going to try the bracelet thing.
Back to top Go down
NTonksAuror

NTonksAuror

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:01 pm

I got this idea from the idea of pins. Since actual pins could be a bit difficult, I was thinking maybe someone could draw a picture of the AW emblem, or something HP related in general, and post it on the internet. Then, we could all print it out and bring it with us. It could be in the shape of a pin and we could cut it out and tape it on our clothes. Something like that could work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!   Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion! Empty

Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows Midnight Premier/Average Wizard Reunion!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next